Is there any way to have the volume rockers skip tracks like on a bb10 device? Button Mapper does this, but since the app doesn't work when the screen is off, this app is useless for me. Any help is appreciated
    07-15-17 11:10 AM
    07-15-17 11:13 AM
    Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, that app (Finky Music Controller) doesn't work when the screen is tured on. It's the direct opposite problem that Button Mapper has. This is so difficult! lol
    07-15-17 03:40 PM
    I'm curious as well!?
    07-15-17 03:46 PM
    Paid version allows for screen-on controls as well.
    07-15-17 04:41 PM
    Frinky app sounds great at first but why assign short-press to change the track & double click to change the volume? Why not just keep short-press to change the volume & assign long-press to skip the track? Seems like a no-brainer.
    07-15-17 11:07 PM
    Frinky app sounds great at first but why assign short-press to change the track & double click to change the volume? Why not just keep short-press to change the volume & assign long-press to skip the track? Seems like a no-brainer.
    It would seem to me that if you have music playing with the screen off, you would most likely have the volume set where you want it, and would want to make the track skip the easiest thing to do.
    07-15-17 11:10 PM
    It would seem to me that if you have music playing with the screen off, you would most likely have the volume set where you want it, and would want to make the track skip the easiest thing to do.
    True, and I'm probably being a bit too picky. I listen to music on my phone primarily at work & my environment changes frequently. So I'm adjusting the volume accordingly. I also shuffle my favorite tracks & sometimes sound quality track to track can differ, so some need a boost.
    07-15-17 11:15 PM
    I love that from my BlackBerry 10 devices xDDDDD they are so well rounded out of the box devices!

Posted via CB10
    jmorgan456 likes this.
    07-16-17 01:27 AM
    Yea, I miss BB's of old where u didn't need a app to get the volume controls to act right. But since I have the KEYone I found that using both Frinky and Button Mapper works ok for me. Frinky just to pause when the screen is off, thats necessary. Changing tracks ain't a big deal
    Button Mapper to pause and skip tracks when the screen is on, with the same set up as BB10. If that isn't enough I got a BlackPlayer homescreen widget with controls, notification controls, and lock screen controls. Lol. A little much but gets the job done

Heres a link to Button Mapper. U can also use ur home button as play / pause if u want. I did that too for a back up
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ar2.homebutton
    07-16-17 02:21 AM
    When I tried to install it asks to access the notifications . Is it ok to grant acces ?
    07-17-17 10:32 AM
    When I tried to install it asks to access the notifications . Is it ok to grant acces ?
    Yes, it needs that to work.
    07-17-17 10:38 AM
    Just a thought!? Why don't you get in ear monitors with an android cable with three button controls! For me moving up down on a playlist is more convenient doing it this way! There aren't alot of android three button control headsets out there so u may need to look around! I use QJAYS w/android cable and wrks awesome!
    07-17-17 01:16 PM
    I use Bluetooth earbuds and short pressing the volume control on the headphones skips tracks. They were like $12 at TJ Maxx
    07-17-17 01:28 PM
    I looked up this after I went from Passport to Priv, and it's just the way Android is coded. I wish it was a customization option in the OS itself.
    07-17-17 02:16 PM
    My skull candy ear buds don't have volume controls but they do have 1 button that I use to pause/play. I've found that Blackplayer EX has a skip track setting if I triple-click that button. FWIW.
    07-18-17 11:20 AM
    Tried button mapper and it's good only problem it doesn't work while the screen is off
    Looked back and found this so I deleted it
    Attached Thumbnails Help! I need to change the volume rockers to skip tracks-3909.jpg  
    MadmanM likes this.
    07-27-17 09:02 PM
    Not to mention, when you double click to change the volume it skips the track anyway...
    07-27-17 10:09 PM
    Just a thought!? Why don't you get in ear monitors with an android cable with three button controls! For me moving up down on a playlist is more convenient doing it this way! There aren't alot of android three button control headsets out there so u may need to look around! I use QJAYS w/android cable and wrks awesome!
    Why should I be required to plug in headphones to BT music to my car? That's just weird, lol. :-P
    07-27-17 10:10 PM
    Yah, apparently this is such a crazy advanced thing that cannot be figured out on the crazy advanced Android OS...
    07-27-17 10:11 PM
    Has anyone solved this soo important problem? I'm more than willing to pay for an app to correct this for me
    08-05-17 07:53 PM
    Use Pocket Skip Track. Works well on KeyOne.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-17 08:47 PM
    Use Pocket Skip Track. Works well on KeyOne.

Posted via CB10

I can't get Pocket Skip Track to work for me with Googe Play. What media player do you use it with?
    08-05-17 11:09 PM
    I use BlackPlayer. Very similar to BB10 native player, especially if you get the Pro edition. I personally do not like Google Palyer.
    08-06-17 08:52 AM
    Is there a way to use a different media player to play the music you upload to google music? I do not like goole player either
    08-06-17 11:11 AM
34 12