HELP!

The LCD on my KeyOne fell out and tore the cable. Blackberry mobile agreed to send me a replacement but I just realized that the microSD I put in the KeyOne was encrypted. Without a screen I can't figure out how to get the damn phone into the Charge & Data mode discussed here (https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...r-usb-1110412/).

Can anyone tell me if there's a keyboard shortcut to access that mode???

When I plug my phone in my PC blackberry is recognized but no files shown.

Desperate here!!!

Thanks!
    07-08-17 12:04 AM
    You can also remove the sd card and use an adapter in a PC!?
    07-08-17 01:29 PM
    Seems to me that I read that if the Micro SD is encrypted, you have to remove the encryption while it is in the phone. It cannot be read in a computer or laptop while encrypted?
    07-08-17 10:47 PM
    BBRY once had a cloud back up of encrypted files for password keeper, sucks they don't have this for the new Android version. They really could create a pay app for this or even do it for free again as a "feature" if they know what those are. There are companies that make good money selling similar apps. Not sure why Chen can't give a small team a skunk works project for something like this.
    07-09-17 12:47 AM
    You can also remove the sd card and use an adapter in a PC!?
    As booker1953 pointed out already, the microSD is encrypted. No reader, PC, or phone other than the original unit itself can decrypt!!! (that's without getting the NSA involved).
    07-10-17 02:30 PM
    Can someone take their KeyOne, plug in a USB, and see if you can select the "CHARGE & DATA" option without using the screen? Thanks!!!
    07-10-17 02:31 PM
    I know, didn't even think bout that!
    07-10-17 03:15 PM
    I'm not sure about the KEYone, but on a Priv you would be able to connect an external monitor and mouse via the USB port.
    Can you do something like that with the KEYone?
    07-10-17 03:18 PM
    Omg. I have the same issue! BlackBerry won't send me a new one out. I have to send mine in for repair
    It has dodgy mic aswell so when making calls had to hold the phone at a weird angle haha.
    Omg never thought of the monitor thing.
    Thanks so much! That's just perfect.
    So happy now. Just hope it works!

Posted via CB10
    07-10-17 03:35 PM
    Can someone take their KeyOne, plug in a USB, and see if you can select the "CHARGE & DATA" option without using the screen? Thanks!!!
    That won't make a difference as the files encrypted, it will only show certain files like photos etc.
    I'm going to try using a otg adaptor and link to my TV via hdmi.
    Got a new laptop that has usb c, so got a media hub thing with usb port and hdmi, so I assume I can attach a mouse and hdmi to tv? Do we have to enter something in the phone, like a option to get it to display out? If that's the case I can't do that either.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-17 03:38 PM
    d**/ - let me make sure mines isn't encrypted! as far as your ribbon being torn - unless they replace the screen it's a nonstarter - way the cost of screen replacement vs. the data on the SD card? follow jerryrigs tear down and connect a working screen to decrypt SD card?
    07-10-17 03:39 PM
    d**/ - let me make sure mines isn't encrypted! as far as your ribbon being torn - unless they replace the screen it's a nonstarter - way the cost of screen replacement vs. the data on the SD card? follow jerryrigs tear down and connect a working screen to decrypt SD card?
    Getting a screen for that phone will be mega expensive. I think the otg hdmi option would be the cheapest.
    But need to know if it will display out automatically? Or do we have to physically enter a option?

Posted via CB10
    07-10-17 03:43 PM
    Ok connecting to a external display does not work. Got happy for no reason lol
    Think you need to click on a option or something

Posted via CB10

Edit- turns out Keyone does not support hdmi output of any kind. Only way is via a dongle type thing such as chrome cast/ez cast or miracast
    Last edited by junny89; 07-10-17 at 06:13 PM.
    07-10-17 04:33 PM
    Ok connecting to a external display does not work. Got happy for no reason lol
    Think you need to click on a option or something

Posted via CB10

Edit- turns out Keyone does not support hdmi output of any kind. Only way is via a dongle type thing such as chrome cast/ez cast or miracast
    Yeah but you'll still need to enable the option in Settings, an action that needs a screen! One way I think it could work is to link the same mouse to two KeyOne's side-by-side. You can then use the second screen as surrogate to navigate through the menu etc. The problem is I don't know how the rig would look like. Male to female splitters won't work as they don't carry data on both splitouts. I don't think Logitech Unifying lets you connect a mouse to two different receivers either. I'm out of ideas...
    07-11-17 11:07 AM
    That won't make a difference as the files encrypted, it will only show certain files like photos etc.
    I'm going to try using a otg adaptor and link to my TV via hdmi.
    Got a new laptop that has usb c, so got a media hub thing with usb port and hdmi, so I assume I can attach a mouse and hdmi to tv? Do we have to enter something in the phone, like a option to get it to display out? If that's the case I can't do that either.

Posted via CB10
    I'll take the original files if I can! I was told by BBM it can't be done but surely there must be a way!!!
    07-11-17 11:09 AM
    I'll take the original files if I can! I was told by BBM it can't be done but surely there must be a way!!!
    OK. I've given up. I tried the following ideas and they either didn't work or eliminated as bad hypothesis.

1) connect a mouse to two KeyOne's and use the second as surrogate to navigate. Problem: hard to find mouse that sync to two different receivers. logitec unify explicitly says it won't work this way. also won't be able to switch to "DATA & CHARGE" mode because of the already-occupied-by-mouse-receiver USB-C port
    2) got the replacement KeyOne and tried to use keyboard alone to engage DATA & CHARGE mode. FAILED

Status: the SD card appears to be lost forever. I can't even format it or clear partition or wipe data. It's completely unusable at this point. I'm almost certain that KeyOne's encryption rendered it completely impenetrable. I guess I should be happy it does that but not here.

Lesson: Get a remote desktop APP installed on your KeyOne in case your display falls out and tears off the ribbon!!!
    07-19-17 11:01 AM
    UPDATE: The LCD on the replacement (NEW) just fell off this morning...

I'm speechless...
    08-10-17 11:33 AM
    really? honestly... how is this happening

does the 1 year warranty reset after each new replacement or is it only 1 yr after original purchase?
    08-10-17 11:43 AM
    The key needed to decrypt the data is stored in a file in the internal storage of the phone. You can only read it if you have root access. AFAIK that is not possible on a PRIV or KEYone.
    08-10-17 12:01 PM
    Seems to me that I read that if the Micro SD is encrypted, you have to remove the encryption while it is in the phone. It cannot be read in a computer or laptop while encrypted?
    Yes unfortunately that is true!
    08-10-17 01:57 PM