Dear Mr redherring, for your information Walmart is indeed selling the K1. The listing was initially incorrect and pointed to the Dtek60 UPC. It was corrected late last week, and Walmart today sent out an email to those who have pending orders advising that their K1 will arrive by mid August. The listing is there for 729, but currently shows out of stock.

@beegee, your opinion on the price is ridiculous imo! But I still love your 70s tunes nevertheless
    Not ridiculous at all. It's true. In April, at 729, this phone would have been way overpriced. In late August, it borders on insane pricing. Any other slab phone with similar specs (eg. Mi Max 2) can be had for about $300 cad. The pkb is the only reason to pay a 400-500 premium for this phone. Those are the facts.

Oh, and because of the falling screen issue, the resale value will be abysmal, which makes it an even worse buy.
    07-31-17 09:26 PM
    Not ridiculous at all. It's true. In April, at 729, this phone would have been way overpriced. In late August, it borders on insane pricing. Any other slab phone with similar specs (eg. Mi Max 2) can be had for about $300 cad. The pkb is the only reason to pay a 400-500 premium for this phone. Those are the facts.

Oh, and because of the falling screen issue, the resale value will be abysmal, which makes it an even worse buy.
    I agree that the price of 729 is a little high. No doubt about that. But your statement that specs are worth 200-300 and you are paying about 500 for the keyboard is unfair and grossly exaggerated. You are broadly inflating numbers without facts.
    07-31-17 09:58 PM
    I agree that the price of 729 is a little high. No doubt about that. But your statement that specs are worth 200-300 and you are paying about 500 for the keyboard is unfair and grossly exaggerated. You are broadly inflating numbers without facts.
    Dude, I just gave you the facts. A Chinese made 625 SoC based slab such as the Mi Max 2 can be purchased for about $300cad (depending on vendor) and that's with a much better screen than on the keyone AND without the quality issues such as falling screen, fingerprint scanner problems, etc. Applying simple logic, the value in the keyone lies in the pkb to the tune of 400-500. In 2017 and at that price, the keyone will attract a minuscule audience pining for the glory days of a bb pkb. Why do you think TCL has delayed a Canadian unlocked release for so long?

Not sure I can break it down for you any simpler than that.
    08-01-17 07:33 AM
    Dude, I just gave you the facts. A Chinese made 625 SoC based slab such as the Mi Max 2 can be purchased for about $300cad (depending on vendor) and that's with a much better screen than on the keyone AND without the quality issues such as falling screen, fingerprint scanner problems, etc. Applying simple logic, the value in the keyone lies in the pkb to the tune of 400-500. In 2017 and at that price, the keyone will attract a minuscule audience pining for the glory days of a bb pkb. Why do you think TCL has delayed a Canadian unlocked release for so long?

Not sure I can break it down for you any simpler than that.
    Yeah, whatever you say. It's pretty clear you're a hopeless cause when it comes to reasoning. I think you should definitely get yourself a Mi Max 2. Trust me, you and your wallet will be much happier.
    stlabrat likes this.
    08-01-17 10:13 AM
    Yeah, whatever you say. It's pretty clear you're a hopeless cause when it comes to reasoning. I think you should definitely get yourself a Mi Max 2. Trust me, you and your wallet will be much happier.
    You still have not made a counter argument with YOUR reasoning, presumably because you don't have one lol.

Enjoy your keyone (screen in or out).
    08-01-17 10:56 AM
    Still no one has answered the question. BlackBerry said they would start selling the phone unlocked in Canada starting in June. BlackBerry still haven't announced this. They have not confirmed the Walmart thing. As far as I'm concerned this still hasn't been launched and there is still no info.

Can someone who knows, please answer: when (if at all) will BlackBerry start selling the BlackBerry KeyOne unlocked in the Canadian market?

Posted via CB10
    08-01-17 10:31 PM
    To Fret Madden /CB moderators:

This thread (which I started) has gone off topic. Please close it down and let me start a new thread so I can get my question answered.

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-17 10:37 PM
    To Fret Madden /CB moderators:

This thread (which I started) has gone off topic. Please close it down and let me start a new thread so I can get my question answered.

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    It'll probably just go off topic again. LOL
    08-01-17 10:49 PM
    Yeah I tried to start a new thread but they keep shutting it down and telling me to use my old thread which is waaay off topic.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-17 07:02 AM
    Yeah I tried to start a new thread but they keep shutting it down and telling me to use my old thread which is waaay off topic.

Posted via CB10
    Your questions have already been responded to and people have been pretty helpful with you so far. It's seems like you just want to create some drama now. As you are becoming a little irritating, fewer people will want to respond.

I suggest you write a book about your grievances. Get Bee Gee to write the preface.

In the meantime, this thread should be closed as well.
    08-02-17 08:19 AM
    Nope. You're the one stirring the pot.

I don't know how else to say this. I don't want to know about what Walmart is doing. That's not what I asked and that's all that people have answered. So no, my question has not been answered.

Again, my question is:

Does any know anything about BlackBerry/BBMobile/TCL's statement about releasing the unlocked BlackBerry KeyOnes in Canada?

I want to know what BlackBerry /TCL have to say. Not a vague, possibly fake Walmart sale that hasn't been confirmed by BlackBerry or TCL.

If anyone has any information from BlackBerry or TCL then please let me know.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-17 10:48 AM
    08-02-17 11:10 AM
    I get the frustration tbh. India already has an upgraded Keyone while us Canadians are still waiting for an unlocked version. Kinda annoying.
    08-02-17 10:59 PM

I don't know how else to say this. I don't want to know about what Walmart is doing. That's not what I asked and that's all that people have answered. So no, my question has not been answered.

Again, my question is:

Does any know anything about BlackBerry/BBMobile/TCL's statement about releasing the unlocked BlackBerry KeyOnes in Canada?

I want to know what BlackBerry /TCL have to say. Not a vague, possibly fake Walmart sale that hasn't been confirmed by BlackBerry or TCL.

Posted via CB10
    I believe that was your unlocked KEYone being released in Canada or the setting up to be released in Canada.
    08-03-17 08:45 AM

Again, my question is:

If anyone has any information from BlackBerry or TCL then please let me know
    The only information on this directly from BBMobile is covered here:
    https://crackberry.com/canadian-unlo...l-later-summer

Or here (this link was sent to me from BBMobile's twitter account themselves):

https://mobilesyrup.com/2017/06/27/u...-later-summer/

Anything more (from anyone) at this point is speculation/rumour.
    08-03-17 02:54 PM
    The only information on this directly from BBMobile is covered here:
    https://crackberry.com/canadian-unlo...l-later-summer

Or here (this link was sent to me from BBMobile's twitter account themselves):

https://mobilesyrup.com/2017/06/27/u...-later-summer/

Anything more (from anyone) at this point is speculation/rumour.
    Thanks you!! The first person to directly answer my question. So basically. Nobody really knows. And it's delayed until further notice..... or rather until they finish launching 2 versions in India.

BlackBerry don't forget your roots. You're really alienating your base audience.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-17 10:57 AM
    Thanks you!! The first person to directly answer my question. So basically. Nobody really knows. And it's delayed until further notice..... or rather until they finish launching 2 versions in India.

BlackBerry don't forget your roots. You're really alienating your base audience.

Posted via CB10
    Lol...all three licensees are Asian companies. Two of them are exclusive to that market. What exactly should we expect? It's a global market, spread very thin, and most of the new BlackBerry models going forward will be coming to Asia only. Might as well get used to it!
    08-04-17 12:15 PM
    Can we just get a few unlocked Keyone's here in the motherland with some mudda forkin' adhesive? Is that too much to ask?!?!
    08-04-17 01:47 PM

Again, my question is:

Posted via CB10
    There has been no specific date given. All we know is "mid to late August".
    08-04-17 02:53 PM
    So the KEYone is not available at Walmart or Amazon.ca I mean it may be sold out most of the time, but that's where you get the unlocked version from correct??

Posted via CB10
    08-04-17 04:07 PM
    I want a promo bundle with free case and extra cables, etc...
    And the suped up black version would be nice too

Posted via CB10
    08-04-17 04:11 PM

Again, my question is:

Posted via CB10
    Why does it matter who has it for sale in Canada, if the retailer is reputable and they have what you want?
    08-04-17 09:16 PM
    Unless you're a suit banging out emails and texts all day, no way is it worth that amount.
    Not just suits. I still see my smartphone as a communications device (to bang out texts and emails) rather than a multimedia device.

That's why blackberry works for me.

I do have a suit but can't recall the last time I had to wear it...
    08-05-17 07:52 AM
    Why is everyone so concerned with it being unlocked? The carrier can unlock it for a fee and as of December 2017 they won't be allowed to charge the fee according to the CRTC. Unless you plan on changing carriers before then it doesn't really matter.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/crtc...hone-1.4161711
    08-10-17 12:51 AM
    here's a thought just payt he xtra 50$ to get an unlock code! K1 has none of the carrier bloatware like the Samsung devices!
    08-10-17 01:09 AM
52 123