I want to buy the KEYone outright. Not through a carrier (bell, Rogers, telus etc) and unlocked.

I used to be able to buy BlackBerry phones direct through BlackBerry or CrackBerry. But now it doesn't seem to be possible.

In Canada the KEYone is not listed on the blackberry store (canada) website. Nor is it listed on the blackberry Mobile (canada) website.

Can I buy the KEYone in Canada unlocked/carrier-free?

Please help.
    Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-17 10:16 PM
    I want to buy the KEYone outright. Not through a carrier (bell, Rogers, telus etc) and unlocked.

I used to be able to buy BlackBerry phones direct through BlackBerry or CrackBerry. But now it doesn't seem to be possible.

In Canada the KEYone is not listed on the blackberry store (canada) website. Nor is it listed on the blackberry Mobile (canada) website.

Can I buy the KEYone in Canada unlocked/carrier-free?

Please help.
    Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    Here you go!  plus free shipping
    https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/blackberry-keyone-4g-lte-with-32gb-memory-cell-phone-unlocked-silver/6000197342988

Posted via CB10
    07-24-17 10:27 PM
    It'll be available at some point unlocked direct, but we don't really know when until it actually happens. BlackBerry Mobile did, at one point, say June for Canada... but June came and went and still nothing.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-17 10:28 PM
    At least by the time it does make it to Canada, they hopefully will be shipping the devices with more screen adhesive!

Posted via CB10
    07-24-17 10:28 PM
    Wow, that's a decent price. I clicked on the link and added to my cart and it says In Stock, delivery July 27th. They would be the first in Canada if it's truly factory un-locked.
    07-24-17 11:59 PM
    wallmart as of today
    07-25-17 12:44 AM
    Just ordered and estimated delivery July 27. I would never have looked there and was waiting until the end of August.
    07-25-17 12:57 AM
    Never would have thought of Walmart.
    07-25-17 01:08 AM
    Walmart?!

Is that real? Why wasn't it advertised? Why isn't it on the BlackBerry website?

Posted via CB10
    07-25-17 09:18 AM
    I'll post once I have the shipping notice.
    07-25-17 09:33 AM
    Me Either

BlackBerry KEYone 4G LTE with 32GB Memory Cell Phone (Unlocked) - Silver $650.00
    Qty: 1
    Estimated arrival date:
    Aug. 2, 2017

Can't wait!

I'll post again if the delivery date changes before the item is shipped
    Last edited by BBPandy; 07-25-17 at 10:08 AM.
    07-25-17 09:42 AM
    Walmart wtf!? Nice!

Posted via CB10
    07-25-17 10:28 AM
    Hmmm, odd that there's no comment from Bla1ze about this, or a news item on the front page, factory un-locked availability in Canada has been a hot topic since the North American release date
    07-25-17 12:11 PM
    Me Either

BlackBerry KEYone 4G LTE with 32GB Memory Cell Phone (Unlocked) - Silver $650.00
    Qty: 1
    Estimated arrival date:
    Aug. 2, 2017

Can't wait!

I'll post again if the delivery date changes before the item is shipped

Walmart just cancelled my order It didn't give a reason. It also didn't spell "Customer Service" correctly

Hello *****,

Items from your recent order # ********* have been cancelled.
    Because this order has been cancelled, your credit card number ending in **** was never charged. Authorization holds placed on your credit card for these items will automatically expire in accordance with your card issuer's policy. Please contact them for more information.

Cancelled product Cancelled qty
    BlackBerry KEYone 4G LTE with 32GB Memory Cell Phone (Unlocked) - Silver 1.00

Thank you for shopping with Walmart!

Sincerely,
    Walmart Customer Serivce
    07-25-17 03:13 PM
    Just received my shipping / tracking for delivery Thurs Jul 27.
    07-25-17 05:04 PM
    Me too, maybe the two threads about this should be combined?
    07-25-17 05:28 PM
    Hmmm, odd that there's no comment from Bla1ze about this, or a news item on the front page, factory un-locked availability in Canada has been a hot topic since the North American release date
    Because BlackBerry Mobile hasn't confirmed if it's actually supposed to be live as of yet and as you can see, some have had their orders canceled. Even if you get to the point of getting notice of pending shipment, it doesn't mean it will actually be shipped out. Everyone is free to try and place an order, but just know, your order may end up canceled. When I know the orders will be fulfilled, I'll post it.
    07-25-17 05:35 PM
    It's only the world's largest retailer lol.
    07-25-17 05:43 PM
    When I know the orders will be fulfilled, I'll post it.
    Makes sense, thanks for the explanation.
    07-25-17 05:55 PM
    It's only the world's largest retailer lol.
    Well in truth I boycott Wal-Mart so that would be the last place I would have looked. Having the KEYone at Wal-Mart could be advantage to BBMobile sales obviously by making it available to the unwashed masses...lol
    07-25-17 06:09 PM
    Okay based on this, and the fact that despite Walmart canceling my 1st order the KEYone is still showing for sale and in stock. I've ordered another one. This time I told them to deliver it to my house and not for pickup. My new delivery date is August 3rd. A day later than my previous delivery date

Posted via CB10
    07-25-17 08:16 PM
    I'll post back on Thurs assuming Canada Post does their thing.
    07-25-17 09:06 PM
    The Walmart this was a red herring. It was a Dtek60 error.

When will BlackBerry Mobile/TCL release the BlackBerry KeyOne unlocked in Canada?

This said they would in June. It's now August and still nothing.

Does anyone know the answer?

Posted via CB10
    07-31-17 06:24 PM
    Someone in another thread said, based on their source, the unlocked keyone will only hit Canada in late August (mid August at the earliest).

Imo, paying 729 in late August for this device is just lunacy. Specs are worth 200-300, meaning you're paying about 500 (!) just for the pkb. Unless you're a suit banging out emails and texts all day, no way is it worth that amount.

They should sell a few hundred of these unlocked in Canada.
    07-31-17 07:47 PM
    The Walmart this was a red herring. It was a Dtek60 error.

When will BlackBerry Mobile/TCL release the BlackBerry KeyOne unlocked in Canada?

This said they would in June. It's now August and still nothing.

Does anyone know the answer?

Posted via CB10
    Dear Mr redherring, for your information Walmart is indeed selling the K1. The listing was initially incorrect and pointed to the Dtek60 UPC. It was corrected late last week, and Walmart today sent out an email to those who have pending orders advising that their K1 will arrive by mid August. The listing is there for 729, but currently shows out of stock.

@beegee, your opinion on the price is ridiculous imo! But I still love your 70s tunes nevertheless
    07-31-17 08:55 PM
52 123