Something that has been bothering me: why put the headphone jack on top? Seems to me the worst possible place....Who wants a wire dangling down the side of their phone while watching a video for instance? Am I missing something?
    06-05-17 12:57 PM
    I prefer it on top since I tend to keep my phone in my pocket when listening to music. When watching a video, I hold my phone in landscape so the headphone jack placement doesn't bother me.

It bothers me to have my phone upside-down in my pocket. I don't know why. :P
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    06-05-17 01:01 PM
    I just use Bluetooth. No wires...
    06-05-17 01:15 PM
    Hadn't thought of that. So is it just the acknowledgment that most people watch videos in landscape mode (so location of headphone jack does not matter) and would rather have the headphone jack located on top when the phone is in their pocket? Makes sense I guess.
    06-05-17 01:23 PM
    Headphone placement doesn't bother me but the aux is noticeably lower in sound quality when compared to my iPhone 7. Not a big enough difference to make me switch back, but it exists.

Edit: I also noticed the pkb scroll feature would be hard to use when in landscape if the headphone jack was at the bottom under the keyboard. Could be the reason for top aux placement.
    06-05-17 01:26 PM
    I just use Bluetooth. No wires...
    I got a headset whos quality outmatches any Bluetooth headset. :P I've owned higher-end Bluetooth headsets and have been very disappointed in the quality to the point where I go back to wired headsets. My $100 LG, Sony, and SOL Republic Bluetooth headsets are collecting dust somewhere.

I do highly recommend the 1More Triple-Driver In-Ear Monitors, though. They are easily the best in its class.
    06-05-17 01:43 PM
    I got a headset whos quality outmatches any Bluetooth headset. :P I've owned higher-end Bluetooth headsets and have been very disappointed in the quality to the point where I go back to wired headsets. My $100 LG, Sony, and SOL Republic Bluetooth headsets are collecting dust somewhere.

I do highly recommend the 1More Triple-Driver In-Ear Monitors, though. They are easily the best in its class.
    Fair enough. I'm not a sound expert and have never looked into good quality headphones. Most of the time, I am listening via my car Bluetooth connection or my motorcycle helmet bluetooth connection. I don't think I have ever put any thought into where the placement of the jack is. However, given my needs, if I were to use any wired AUX device, my preference would be to have the jack top mounted as I use a charging cradle both at work and home and a bottom mount would interfere with that.

This is an interesting debate. All arguments given so far have merritt and I guess it all comes down to personal preference. Realistically though, would the headphone jack placement really stop anyone from buying the KeyONE if that is the phone they wanted?
    06-05-17 01:52 PM
    After using the PRIV, I can understand having a headphone Jack at the bottom of the phone. For the reason you mentioned, I don't miss that aspect of it with the headphone cord getting in the way.

However when you are at the gym, it can be annoying to have the headphone Jack at the bottom using a holster. But I got around that by just buying some Bluetooth headphones for the gym.
    06-05-17 01:57 PM
    Fair enough. I'm not a sound expert and have never looked into good quality headphones. Most of the time, I am listening via my car Bluetooth connection or my motorcycle helmet bluetooth connection. I don't think I have ever put any thought into where the placement of the jack is. However, given my needs, if I were to use any wired AUX device, my preference would be to have the jack top mounted as I use a charging cradle both at work and home and a bottom mount would interfere with that.

This is an interesting debate. All arguments given so far have merritt and I guess it all comes down to personal preference. Realistically though, would the headphone jack placement really stop anyone from buying the KeyONE if that is the phone they wanted?
    It wouldn't deter me. My last two phones had it on the bottom. It's just a preference.
    06-05-17 02:37 PM
    Frankly, I'm a huge fan of having the headphone and charging ports on the SIDE of the phone, a la Bold 9900 style. That was a fantastic design.
    06-05-17 03:34 PM
    Headphone placement doesn't bother me but the aux is noticeably lower in sound quality when compared to my iPhone 7. Not a big enough difference to make me switch back, but it exists.

Edit: I also noticed the pkb scroll feature would be hard to use when in landscape if the headphone jack was at the bottom under the keyboard. Could be the reason for top aux placement.
    You're right, it's one of the worst aspect of the KEYᵒⁿᵉ. The sound output is not up to the standards. I have an iPhone 7 Plus as well and I tell you what, I don't want to go back to it otherwise I would just never use KEYᵒⁿᵉ with headset again.

The Bluetooth performance isn't good either. I have got both Q35 and Sony MDR1000X. There's a thread about sound quality in here if you're interested.
    06-05-17 04:05 PM
    I think the headphone jack is on the top because a lot of KEYone owners are sliding the device in and out of a suit jacket inner pocket. If you are using the headphones for calls or music and the device is in and out of that pocket it comes out right side up and ready to use. Just my thoughts on why it's at the top.
    06-05-17 04:38 PM
    Top is great to use the radio and if I wanted to watch a movie? No thanks

Posted via CB10
    06-05-17 04:40 PM
    I absolutely prefer the jack on top. That way I can keep it in any pocket while listening to music or audio books.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    06-05-17 05:06 PM
    I think the headphone jack is on the top because a lot of KEYone owners are sliding the device in and out of a suit jacket inner pocket. If you are using the headphones for calls or music and the device is in and out of that pocket it comes out right side up and ready to use. Just my thoughts on why it's at the top.
    Definitely my use case. I dislike using a phone for video. Tiny screens! Bkeh!

06-05-17 05:09 PM
    I wish it was on the bottom as well for two reasons. 1) no wire hanging down and getting In front of my screen, and 2) when I put my phone in my pocket, my natural motion putting the phone in my pocket places the phone upside down. I'm planning on getting Bluetooth headphones anyway, so I won't care much.
    06-05-17 10:51 PM
    I prefer it on top since I tend to keep my phone in my pocket when listening to music. When watching a video, I hold my phone in landscape so the headphone jack placement doesn't bother me.

My thoughts exactly.
    06-05-17 11:09 PM
    I'm the same way. Probably because I used belt clips and holsters for so many years!

psychofox13 likes this.
    06-06-17 08:16 AM
    Top, bottom...whatever. I'm just glad it has one!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-06-17 08:47 AM
    Hahaha.... At least its not iPhone
    06-06-17 08:52 AM
    Having the jack on top was a huge problem for me. I always liked/preferred the jack on the bottom for headphones and credit card scanners.

After getting the Keyone, it's really not that big of a deal anymore. All the positives outweigh the negatives for me.
    06-06-17 08:59 AM
    LOL. So true.
    06-06-17 09:12 AM
    Something that has been bothering me: why put the headphone jack on top? Seems to me the worst possible place....Who wants a wire dangling down the side of their phone while watching a video for instance? Am I missing something?
    I prefer on the bottom as well. I use a high end iem and the dangling cord seems always in the way or something!
    06-06-17 12:01 PM

There are corners on top, the bottom is rounded and less likely to tear a hole in your pants or shirt or whatever pocket you put it in.

Are you having any problem with it turning itself on when you sit just the right way?
    06-06-17 12:45 PM
    There are corners on top, the bottom is rounded and less likely to tear a hole in your pants or shirt or whatever pocket you put it in.

Are you having any problem with it turning itself on when you sit just the right way?
    Not at all. That did make me realize that the phone does slide in much easier with the bottom first. Maybe that's another reason I like this one upside right? The only way the phone will turn on is if the power button is pressed, I activate the fingerprint sensor, or I tap the screen twice. No other key will turn it on. I feel like the power button is small enough and far enough away from the edges that fabric won't accidentally press it any way I sit.
    06-06-17 12:52 PM
26 12