I've got the 3.5mm audio cable to connect to my car stereo, but while the car sees the aux input, it's erratic on actually connecting.

Is there some spacial music player app I need to give the output, or is there an enabling toggle for the jack somewhere I cant find?

Sorry for a lazy question... still getting used to needing an app for everything.
    10-23-17 07:51 AM
    I've got the 3.5mm audio cable to connect to my car stereo, but while the car sees the aux input, it's erratic on actually connecting.

Is there some spacial music player app I need to give the output, or is there an enabling toggle for the jack somewhere I cant find?

Sorry for a lazy question... still getting used to needing an app for everything.
    It should detect that a jack was plugged in and route the sound to it. But in the app, sometimes, there's a setting or option to direct the sound to headphones or speaker.

Are you sure that you are plugging it all the way in - sometimes a tight fit!! There's also using the old BB Virtual Expert which has some tests. Also the new app for the KeyOne that has tests but I don't remember its app name!!! Ah, Support Center but I don't see a headphone test like BBVE.
    10-23-17 10:14 AM
    remember to turn on the equalizer because its "off" by default.

Google Play Music --> Settings --> Equalizer
    10-24-17 01:46 AM
    using Google play to listen to music, or even Web radio; connecting with audio cable; audio just fine with AUX No App required; could it be an issue with the audio jack/ port on the car or the Keyone?
    10-24-17 08:54 AM

I have had loads of issues with my headphone jack. 2 sets of headphones have already just stopped working on my K1. I have started using only bluetooth sadly.
    10-25-17 07:23 AM
    Hmm it does seem a little weird.

I have got the jacks pushed in all the way, and checked that the eccentric thing on the other end of the lead (a SAAB) is correctly configured, and switched the equalizer on, but still not consistent.

Seems I have to pull the plug and reconnect between songs on YouTube, which is really annoying because the volume on MP4/ YouTube is much lower than the radio that the car stereo defaults back to everytime I pull the jack. So I have bleeding ears too.

It doesn't feel like hadware, but with what jcrutchvt2010 said...
    10-25-17 08:30 AM
    Annoyingly when I plugged the paperweight (samsung S6) in to listen to something off youtube this morning, it worked first time, no hitches or glitches.

For media I suspect the samsungs and apples are a league ahead.
    anon(870071) likes this.
    10-27-17 10:28 AM
    headphone jacks are 'mechanical' in nature and should be easily tested. if it was working at one time then no longer, then it's likely broken - connection to board or Jack itself.

likely won't be a software issue.

This only if headphones itself is in good working order
    10-27-17 11:09 AM
    also, i've read that sometimes the keyone routes audio to the USB-C by accident sometimes (i've never experienced but some have) and you can disable the USB-C routing by going into developer options and toggling USB-C audio off
    10-27-17 12:42 PM
    also, i've read that sometimes the keyone routes audio to the USB-C by accident sometimes (i've never experienced but some have) and you can disable the USB-C routing by going into developer options and toggling USB-C audio off
    Might be worth a go- if you could walk me through getting into those settings it would be very much appreciated!
    10-30-17 10:57 AM
    Might be worth a go- if you could walk me through getting into those settings it would be very much appreciated!
    Enable developer settings by going to Settings --> About Phone --> Tap Build Number 7 times

Then go back and select Developer Options --> scroll down to "Media" and select "Disable USB Audio Routing"
    sandyhois likes this.
    10-30-17 12:48 PM
    Thanks for the suggestion. I was having trouble with audio cutting out in the car. To restart I would have to unplug and replug the headphone jack. Tried maximizing Google Play in power center but that didn't help. Going to give this config a try.
    10-30-17 02:29 PM
    Thanks for the suggestion. I was having trouble with audio cutting out in the car. To restart I would have to unplug and replug the headphone jack. Tried maximizing Google Play in power center but that didn't help. Going to give this config a try.
    Any joy? After a long while I wanted to put some youtube through my car speakers but no joy.
    11-20-17 08:10 AM
    Any joy? After a long while I wanted to put some youtube through my car speakers but no joy.
    Do you happen to be using a smartwatch?
    11-20-17 08:38 AM
    For a year, I used Auxiliary from my Q10 to car stereo without any issue. On the Keyone, same vehicle, same stereo, same cable, multiple different new cables bought especially for this problem, and the FM radio app does not work, except for a few rare occasions. Even now, plug in the Q10 and all is well.

Lightly testing other uses, like phone and map directions, has worked but I'm only really interested in the built-in FM radio app, so other shortcomings might be revealed with more usage.

I raised the issue with blackberrymobile support and, after a lot of what should be unnecessary effort, got an acknowledgment that engineering considers there to be a bug and some software fix might be forthcoming: https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...e-1129784-new/

In the meantime, anybody got a bridge for sale?
    11-20-17 08:39 AM
    Do you happen to be using a smartwatch?
    Nopes, straightforward audio cable (3.5 to 3.5mm). Works straight off with the paperweight (galaxy S6)
    11-20-17 12:18 PM
    Nopes, straightforward audio cable (3.5 to 3.5mm). Works straight off with the paperweight (galaxy S6)
    Ah, I only ask because my car won't play through the bluetooth or aux if I am also paired with a smartwatch. It's very irritating.
    11-20-17 12:23 PM
    Ah, I only ask because my car won't play through the bluetooth or aux if I am also paired with a smartwatch. It's very irritating.
    I would guess that it would depend on what features are "paired" between devices. If music can be played through the smartwatch and that feature is enabled, I would guess that it can't also play through another bluetooth device at the same time. Somehow these various connections need a better way of sorting themselves out. On occasion I've had to "break" (disconnection) from BT device from the phone so that it would connect to another BT device. I think this stuff is still be worked out. There should be an easier way to switch.
    11-20-17 12:48 PM
    I would guess that it would depend on what features are "paired" between devices. If music can be played through the smartwatch and that feature is enabled, I would guess that it can't also play through another bluetooth device at the same time. Somehow these various connections need a better way of sorting themselves out. On occasion I've had to "break" (disconnection) from BT device from the phone so that it would connect to another BT device. I think this stuff is still be worked out. There should be an easier way to switch.
    Yeah I'll check out my watch settings good thought. I also think it depends on the car make/model/year. I have a 2011
    11-20-17 12:51 PM
    More joy. Disabling audio routing in developer options does seem to have improved my issue with audio cutting out while using aux with Google Play. Initially though when connecting the aux cable and starting Google Play sometimes I have to unplug and reconnect the cable before sound is routed to my car speakers. I pair my phone with Bluetooth for calls and texts and have been wondering if this service may also be interfering with Aux. Have a few long car trips planned for the holidays so will know more then.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-20-17 01:43 PM
    in my passport I can simply put in any headphone jack with or without a cord and the fm radio works. Not so with the KEYone. it's fussy with the jack. the earphone from both pp and KEYONE do work also one headset with microphone does work!
    11-21-17 02:34 PM
    OK I'm giving this a go.

With the ashes starting tomorrow, having access to Test Match Special on BBC radio is going to be essential.

I will come back with feedback...
    11-22-17 08:04 AM
    instead of worry about pairing, may be a mini bluetooth speaker can be a solution? (it can be clip on to your backpack. take it with you all the time...). IMHO. https://www.amazon.ca/BlackBerry-ACC...UvbUpU13077867
    pizzawheel likes this.
    11-22-17 09:28 AM
    Enable developer settings by going to Settings --> About Phone --> Tap Build Number 7 times

Then go back and select Developer Options --> scroll down to "Media" and select "Disable USB Audio Routing"
    Tried this but no improvement. The bluetooth speaker is looking like one option.
    11-23-17 02:27 PM