Home CrackBerry Q&A > BlackBerry KEYone

Having trouble connecting Keyone to MetroPCS

Asked: Oct 28 2018 | 11:30 pm EDT 1125 Views 7 Answers View Best Answer

So I got the phone and was told it was unlocked. I put the serial in the Metro website and it tells me it's a compatible phone but when I try to activate it it reads the Sim card as invalid. When I boot up the Phone the Boost Mobile and Virgin Mobile logo flash in and out. I understand they work on a different system than T-Mobile and Metro do, could that be why I'm having issues? Or if not, can someone give me some pointers to set it up.
Thanks in advance.

Best Answer

Oct 29 2018 | 9:19 am EDT coffee-turtle

So I got the phone and was told it was unlocked. I put the serial in the Metro website and it tells me it's a compatible phone but when I try to activate it it reads the Sim card as invalid. When I boot up the Phone the Boost Mobile and Virgin Mobile logo flash in and out. I understand they work on a different system than T-Mobile and Metro do, could that be why I'm having issues? Or if not, can someone give me some pointers to set it up.
Thanks in advance.
Your KeyOne is made to run on the CDMA network and not GSM. Boost and Virgin are owned by Sprint, which run on the Sprint CDMA network. There's no GSM network for any of them. Verizon is the other carrier with a separate CDMA network. T-Mobile and AT&T each have their own GSM networks.

More Answers

Oct 29 2018 | 11:10 am EDT FF22

Thanks in advance.
I may not recall correctly, but I thought that when I first got my VERIZON KeyOne, that it did work using my T-mobile sim card. I was still using my Priv on Verizon as my primary phone till I got use to the KeyOne so I THINK that I used it on Tmobile for a week or two.

BUT the Verizon KeyOne is/was an UNlocked phone so that might explain why it might have worked.

Again, this was all most than a year and a half ago so some thoughts might be fuzzy.
Oct 29 2018 | 11:15 am EDT Chuck Finley69

What CDMA KEYone version? Sounds like a Sprint KEYone and not Verizon compatible unlocked version.
Oct 29 2018 | 12:09 pm EDT Gary Zamora

It's the BBB100-3.
Like I said I was told it's unlock. If it turns out to not actually be unlocked then would simply doing so help.
Oct 29 2018 | 1:03 pm EDT RLeeSimon

…didn't I see tv ads (while watching LivePD) saying MetroPCS was taken over by t-mobile which is GSM, not CDMA ?
Oct 29 2018 | 1:07 pm EDT Chuck Finley69

The -3 is the unlocked CDMA for primary use on VZW. The Boost Mobile and Virgin Mobile are Sprint owned MVNO so that makes no sense unless somebody tried flashing over wrong OS version or the device isn’t really -3. At this point it sounds like someone more experienced than me can help better. Sorry.
Oct 29 2018 | 5:13 pm EDT Gary Zamora

In case it helps
Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Having trouble connecting Keyone to MetroPCS-screenshot_20181029-161016.jpg