I'm torn between keeping my iPhone 7 or returning to Blackberry, I truly enjoyed BBOS, was so-so on BB10, and was disappointed by the Priv performance..anyone out there care to do some convincing for me to sway me?
    05-31-17 04:29 PM
    Bro. Just feel the Keyboard and you will know whether it's for you or not.
    05-31-17 04:40 PM
    Same. Love the blackberry of old but not have iPhone 7+ and torn. Spent years on android and love it but got a few viruses even with virus protection. Odd viruses opening normal webpages.The ip7+ has iOS which is so intuitive and the super battery life. I also feel it secure with banking apps etc

Want the K1 but don't want to give up iPhone either. Torn
    Bee Gee likes this.
    05-31-17 04:40 PM
    Comes down to what you want to use your device for. Keyboard is awesome, but for media use IE camera , videos etc the keyone lacks.

What apps you use mostly
    05-31-17 04:43 PM
    I take a decent amount of photos, watch an occasional movie during flights on business. Use Spotify for music. Go through a ton of email daily, am intrigued by keyboard shortcuts.

In short, the biggest hesitations I'm having on pulling the trigger is:

-Lack of iMessage
    -Camera quality
    -Battery Life
    -Fluidity of OS
    -Keyboard quality (I felt the Bold 9700 was the best keyboard of all).

Any thoughts?
    05-31-17 04:49 PM
    05-31-17 04:52 PM
    Side note, does anyone know what Best Buy would give for trade in of a 128GB Black iphone 7 that's the unlocked variant?

I've seen them offering $305 for a carrier issued one, would have to think that the unlocked would fetch more...
    05-31-17 04:52 PM
    I'm really, really close to pulling the trigger...
    05-31-17 04:58 PM
    Pull it! Awesome phone. I had an iPhone 6s. Hated it. My daughter has it now. Still hate it and iOs.
    05-31-17 05:04 PM
    Side note, does anyone know what Best Buy would give for trade in of a 128GB Black iphone 7 that's the unlocked variant?

I've seen them offering $305 for a carrier issued one, would have to think that the unlocked would fetch more...
    If that's all Best Buy is offering and you're considering it, I'd offer you $350 lmao.
    05-31-17 05:11 PM
    I'll give ya 350 for your iPhone 7 aha. You'd be better off selling it and just buying the KeyOne outright
    05-31-17 05:18 PM

I'll give ya 350 for your iPhone 7 aha. You'd be better off selling it and just buying the KeyOne outright
    05-31-17 05:18 PM

Better off selling it 2nd hand than to trade it in
    05-31-17 05:23 PM
    I offered first by 7 minutes, it's MINE!
    05-31-17 05:24 PM
    I have more incentive to sway you to stick with your iPhone, and buy the KEYone, to sell to me. So, do that.
    05-31-17 05:25 PM
    I take a decent amount of photos, watch an occasional movie during flights on business. Use Spotify for music. Go through a ton of email daily, am intrigued by keyboard shortcuts.

-Lack of iMessage
    -Camera quality
    -Battery Life
    -Fluidity of OS

Any thoughts?
    The physical keyboard of the BlackBerry KEYone reminds me of my BlackBerry Bold 9700.

Battery life with all the usual Day 1 activity setting up the smartphone and continuously running a VPN service is at 61% after 7.5 hours. I expect the battery life to improve after today although the VPN service did reduce the BlackBerry PRIV battery life by 25% on average.

The camera has sufficiently good quality though it is never going to match a proper digital 35 mm camera. Be realistic.

So far the operating system and applications are very fluid and smoothly run and transition.

There are alternatives to Apple iMessage available for Google Android and Apple iOS.
    05-31-17 05:36 PM
    How's this for a sign...the location that has it, literally had a power outage minutes before I arrived to inspect and make a final decision...looks like it was made for me lol
    05-31-17 05:56 PM

-Lack of iMessage
    -Camera quality
    -Battery Life
    -Fluidity of OS

Any thoughts?
    Having got one today and uins 7 plus as a personal device. Stick with the iphone. As much im in love with the keyone, iphone is still superior. I do too travel for work, facetime with my kid, imsg, and ios + apps (ios apps still better than android in most cases).

Ill be brutally honest, this was nastalgia and having used 9780 for 4 years this is a crazy throw back and i love it. Asthetics and such are beautiful...hardware like speaker, screen quality, call quality, vibrator which is meh and many more components do feel like they are from a generic parts bin and not tuned to this device if it makes sence.....its at its price for a reason. On it all day and im at 25% battery life...work, emails, media etc...i do think its miles better than my 5 se i used for work but nowhere the 3 day claims ive seen on here. After loading the hub, 2 enterprise emails with calendars etc it does lag, and when working in between apps it does skip a bit. But its android right.

If you hail from the bold line, this is a device for you. Wont replace your daily flagship tho. This is a phone that trully had the be out years ago.
    05-31-17 05:59 PM
    I just got the phone this afternoon and I am loving it so far. I also have a red iPhone 7 plus that I plan to keep until I can be sure that I'll stick to the keyone for a while. Otherwise I might just keep them both and switch around.
    05-31-17 06:06 PM
    Having got one today and uins 7 plus as a personal device. Stick with the iphone. As much im in love with the keyone, iphone is still superior. I do too travel for work, facetime with my kid, imsg, and ios + apps (ios apps still better than android in most cases).

Ill be brutally honest, this was nastalgia and having used 9780 for 4 years this is a crazy throw back and i love it. Asthetics and such are beautiful...hardware like speaker, screen quality, call quality, vibrator which is meh and many more components do feel like they are from a generic parts bin and not tuned to this device if it makes sence.....its at its price for a reason. On it all day and im at 25% battery life...work, emails, media etc...i do think its miles better than my 5 se i used for work but nowhere the 3 day claims ive seen on here. After loading the hub, 2 enterprise emails with calendars etc it does lag, and when working in between apps it does skip a bit. But its android right.

If you hail from the bold line, this is a device for you. Wont replace your daily flagship tho. This is a phone that trully had the be out years ago.
    I appreciate the candid feedback, I too feel nostalgia with it, thinking I'll be transported back to 2008-2010.

If they would just bring Hub to iOS like they talked about, then all would be right in the world LOL
    05-31-17 06:27 PM
    You will get out of the i-eco system. Prepare for some of the divorce pain. And steep learning curve for your new found freedom, on set up your preference, let bb handsets's learn from your user habit, slowly teach it to become part of you... and prepare to get two bb thumb s in the process... warning to your better half you might have some change in psychology of mindset... plus all the list already outlined by other cb,-ers.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-17 06:39 PM
    You will get out of the i-eco system. Prepare for some of the divorce pain. And steep learning curve for your new found freedom, on set up your preference, let bb handsets's learn from your user habit, slowly teach it to become part of you... and prepare to get two bb thumb s in the process... warning to your better half you might have some change in psychology of mindset... plus all the list already outlined by other cb,-ers.

Posted via CB10
    Appreciate it, but I'm an experienced Android/Blackberry user from the past already.
    05-31-17 09:08 PM