06-29-17 10:32 AM
94 1234
tools
    I think your review was honest and unbiased--and I thank you. Sorry, I don't see a hater here! Maybe to some the truth hurts...so be it. You can't please everyone.
    06-28-17 02:35 AM
    I could, but it's just not natural for me to do that. That's not the real issue though. The real issue is taking out of my pocket every time and adjusting the cord so it's not in the way of the screen. Having it at the bottom eliminates the issue.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...e830e0a785.jpg
    Why is this an issue? Wireless ear buds solves problem. I never have an issue with the cord with my wireless ear buds.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-17 08:34 AM
    Why is this an issue? Wireless ear buds solves problem. I never have an issue with the cord with my wireless ear buds.

Posted via CB10
    Because I don't always listen through wireless headphones. Why have a headphone jack at all then? People sure did jump on Apple when they got rid of theirs.
    06-28-17 08:37 AM
    Wired headphones are nice to make use of the FM radio, too. And perhaps the pair of wireless ones I have are subpar, but I find the BlackBerry headphones that I received with my Q10 are far more comfortable to wear.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-17 08:57 AM
    Wired headphones are nice to make use of the FM radio, too. And perhaps the pair of wireless ones I have are subpar, but I find the BlackBerry headphones that I received with my Q10 are far more comfortable to wear.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed. To me its a personal preference to which I go back and forth on. I always keep a wired pair with me if I forget to charge my wireless ones.

The jack location isn't a huge deal, but to me it makes much more sense on the bottom of the phone.
    06-28-17 09:06 AM
    LOL. I will get a KEYone one day when the price goes down since my fave BlackBerrys were the Classic and Bold 9900. But it just seems wasteful to spend money on another device when my Priv has been performing quite well through daily heavy usage. Sensibility has to set in, Crackberry addict or not.
    used one on amazon.com is mid 400 range now. GSM only.
    06-28-17 10:10 AM
    Agreed. To me its a personal preference to which I go back and forth on. I always keep a wired pair with me if I forget to charge my wireless ones.

The jack location isn't a huge deal, but to me it makes much more sense on the bottom of the phone.
    That can make it difficult with some cases like when exercising though. Works well for me on the top with my Q10 and holster when exercising.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-17 10:26 AM
    Surprisingly, I find the typing experience to be a bit better on the KEYone. don't know why bc I really enjoyed the passport. but I guess the travel does make a difference. as far as the backlighting goes, only the v and b keys are slightly dimmer. Otherwise the key lighting is uniform.
    06-28-17 11:31 AM
    Lol of course not. They started doing it because it made sense. I took the KEYone to the gym with me today and it was a pain having to mess with the cord every time I pulled the phone out of my pocket. It should be at the bottom where it belongs.
    Are you serious? LOL. Just turn the damn thing around. What does that hurt.
    rx8er likes this.
    06-28-17 11:59 AM
    I could, but it's just not natural for me to do that. That's not the real issue though. The real issue is taking out of my pocket every time and adjusting the cord so it's not in the way of the screen. Having it at the bottom eliminates the issue.

I guess it doesn't go behind. But I see what you're saying.
    06-28-17 12:01 PM
    Are you serious? LOL. Just turn the damn thing around. What does that hurt.
    I didn't say it hurt. I said it's annoying to have to fidget with the cable every time I pull it out of my pocket. It's also awkwardly sticking out the top if I'm holding the phone. Like I said, it's not a huge deal but it's an annoyance to me.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-28-17 12:02 PM
    I didn't say it hurt. I said it's annoying to have to fidget with the cable every time I pull it out of my pocket. It's also awkwardly sticking out the top if I'm holding the phone. Like I said, it's not a huge deal but it's an annoyance to me.
    I saw that and responded. I also agree with a lot of what you say on here. I just read that and thought, seriously lol. But I get it.
    06-28-17 12:05 PM
    Congratulations on your KEYone, enjoy it! And here's to hoping the Display does stay on.

Looking forward to reading more of your thoughts on it.

I never understood why people wanted the Headphones Jack at the bottom until I got my S7 Edge last year, and it all finally made sense, lol. Noore havingnto twist and deflect the cord from getting in the way, and interestingly enough when I listening to music at my desk at work the phone is easier to manage vs. My old Note 4 which had the jack at the top.

Same reason charging ports are at the bottom.
    06-28-17 12:47 PM
    Always had love and respect for ya brother!
    06-28-17 01:38 PM
    Because I don't always listen through wireless headphones. Why have a headphone jack at all then? People sure did jump on Apple when they got rid of theirs.
    I wonder the same question. Why have a headphone jack? I have two wireless headphones. I couldn't tell you the last time I used a corded headphone.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-17 01:41 PM
    The outer keys are brighter but what is more concerning is that the G key is way too bright for my liking. LOL.
    LOL!
    06-28-17 01:50 PM
    I understand your point as well. But to me it makes sense for it to be at the bottom so if you are actually using the phone it's out of the way.
    Yep, I get yours too. Personally I'm not looking at the phone screen when I'm using earphones, therefore my preference is a top outlet for pocket convenience as I've noted above. I guess my point is, simply, with something so subjective to each individual, I can't see this as a "flaw" or a "con". Either way, we can overcome
    06-28-17 02:03 PM
    Yep, I get yours too. Personally I'm not looking at the phone screen when I'm using earphones, therefore my preference is a top outlet for pocket convenience as I've noted above. I guess my point is, simply, with something so subjective to each individual, I can't see this as a "flaw" or a "con". Either way, we can overcome
    Agreed
    06-28-17 02:24 PM
    someone live the life upside down. (sorry, can't resist).
    06-28-17 03:24 PM
    Headphone jack definitely needs to be on the bottom. On the top is ridiculous.
    No way. However, I use bluetooth headphones. Cables are old school, but obviously useful as the radio antena.
    06-28-17 04:22 PM
    Get some dang bluetooth headphones like a normal tech lover! Wires, pfffft
    Exactly.
    06-28-17 04:25 PM
    All legitmate criticisms. IF only Apple and Samsung made PKB phones...
    ......they'd be terrible
    06-28-17 04:28 PM
    Google disagrees. Pixel it's on top. Lol.
    Spot on, and the Pixel is also a great phone too.
    06-28-17 04:30 PM
    Lol of course not. They started doing it because it made sense. I took the KEYone to the gym with me today and it was a pain having to mess with the cord every time I pulled the phone out of my pocket. It should be at the bottom where it belongs.
    Priv was on the bottom. One of the things I liked about it.
    06-28-17 04:32 PM
    Not enough people jumped on Apple. Charge your bluetooth headphones more often perhaps?
    06-28-17 04:33 PM
94 1234