So I finally got my KEYone up and running after running through a few hoops and I have to say, so far I am pretty impressed. Since I'm pretty much known as a hater (although I'm not and always buy every BlackBerry they come out with), I thought I would post what I think is positive about the device thus far, with just a few gripes.

Build quality - It really does feel like a premium phone. Its very nice to hold and looks very professional. It feels very nice in the hands and there's no way I'm putting a case on it as it feels to good to hold naked. I hope the screen holds in place but as far as the build goes, I'm impressed with it.

Smooth and fast - So far its been buttery smooth (over time this could change but out of the box with all apps installed its running great. Apps are opening fast and its been a pleasure using thus far.

Camera - Takes nice photos and the camera is quick and responsive. This is much better than we got with the Priv and I'm looking forward to testing the camera more today.

Sound - much better than I thought it would be. No its not stereo but its nice and loud and calls have seemed clear.

LED - Man I miss having an LED blinking. I'd like it to be a little larger but its still fine.

Fingerprint reader - Very fast and works extremely well.

I can't comment on the battery yet as I've only had it for a day but based on what I've read it should be good.

A few minor gripes

Screen - I wish it was a little better screen. Its nice but using it outside thus far is a little tough as it can be hard to see. Again its not terrible but I wish it was a little nicer. Screens can be subjective and have gotten somewhat ridiculous and while I'm totally fine with this I would like it if some of the colors were a little deeper.

Keyboard - Its honestly a little mushy but I can get used to it. Also I don't like the uneven keyboard lighting. I know this is on all of them but it bothers me a little in a dark room. A minor gripe but this should be fixed with the KEYtwo if they release one.

Convenience key - I wish it was above the volume rockers. Its easy to hit and I may just have to disable it. Again a small gripe as I don't think the convenience key is necessarily needed, but for me holding the phone can trigger it unintentionally due to its location.

Overall I'm pleased with the KEYone thus far. My signal is good (AT&T) and as long as the screen doesn't come out I think this phone is a keeper.
    stlabrat, bb624, Bla1ze and 9 others like this.
    06-27-17 05:41 AM
    So I finally got my KEYone up and running after running through a few hoops and I have to say, so far I am pretty impressed. Since I'm pretty much known as a hater (although I'm not and always buy every BlackBerry they come out with), I thought I would post what I think is positive about the device thus far, with just a few gripes.

Build quality - It really does feel like a premium phone. Its very nice to hold and looks very professional. It feels very nice in the hands and there's no way I'm putting a case on it as it feels to good to hold naked. I hope the screen holds in place but as far as the build goes, I'm impressed with it.

Smooth and fast - So far its been buttery smooth (over time this could change but out of the box with all apps installed its running great. Apps are opening fast and its been a pleasure using thus far.

Camera - Takes nice photos and the camera is quick and responsive. This is much better than we got with the Priv and I'm looking forward to testing the camera more today.

Sound - much better than I thought it would be. No its not stereo but its nice and loud and calls have seemed clear.

LED - Man I miss having an LED blinking. I'd like it to be a little larger but its still fine.

I can't comment on the battery yet as I've only had it for a day but based on what I've read it should be good.

A few minor gripes

Screen - I wish it was a little better screen. Its nice but using it outside thus far is a little tough as it can be hard to see. Again its not terrible but I wish it was a little nicer. Screens can be subjective and have gotten somewhat ridiculous and while I'm totally fine with this I would like it if some of the colors were a little deeper.

Keyboard - Its honestly a little mushy but I can get used to it. Also I don't like the uneven keyboard lighting. I know this is on all of them but it bothers me a little in a dark room. A minor gripe but this should be fixed with the KEYtwo if they release one.

Convenience key - I wish it was above the volume rockers. Its easy to hit and I may just have to disable it. Again a small gripe as I don't think the convenience key is necessarily needed, but for me holding the phone can trigger it unintentionally due to its location.

Overall I'm pleased with the KEYone thus far. My signal is good (AT&T) and as long as the screen doesn't come out I think this phone is a keeper.
    I found the screen a little hard to get used to after the Passport. But after adjusting the brightness (I lowered it) it was fine.

The phone is a keeper. After two weeks I love it, even am learning something about Android.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    06-27-17 05:57 AM
    I really wanted to use it naked but I find the back is more slippery than other blackberries, and the aluminium sides don't help much either.. otherwise, great device.. I like the pkb..
    06-27-17 07:48 AM
    Nice review. I know you've been critical and I have been critical of you being critical. coming from the PRIV I don't feel the keyboard is mushy, that's all perspective probably. As far as convenience key I agree it needs better placement. the current position is fairly useless to me. I actually find myself not using it because it's not intuitive for me to push. I use the keyboard shortcuts alot.
    terminatorx and Superfly_FR like this.
    06-27-17 09:09 AM
    Eh...what a surprise
    06-27-17 09:20 AM
    Keyboard uneven led is like passport. You may find perfect led keyboard if you get lucky. I got used to bigger screen and screen is too small for me. I wish keyboard material was plastic just like passport. I just don't like the feel of glass keyboard.
    06-27-17 10:09 AM
    Eh...what a surprise
    I can give credit sometimes lol. We'll see if it holds up after a full days use. I'll probably trash it then (hopefully not though).
    Uzi, BigAl_BB9900 and southlander like this.
    06-27-17 10:21 AM
    Keyboard uneven led is like passport. You may find perfect led keyboard if you get lucky. I got used to bigger screen and screen is too small for me. I wish keyboard material was plastic just like passport. I just don't like the feel of glass keyboard.
    Yeah this really bugs me. It's not very apparent during the day but at night it really stands out.
    krazyatom likes this.
    06-27-17 10:22 AM

A few minor gripes

I'm so glad that you finally received your KEYone. For a while there it looked like you were on a personal crusade to crucify any & everything related to BlackBerry.

Personally, I knew you'd love it. Now my hope is that you'll be just as active and vocal as you have been up to this point. Only now you have the device and guess what? You like it.

If more people had this phone we would see more positive feedback. I'm confident of that. The phone really is what most of us have been waiting for. A modern PKB BlackBerry with few limitations. This is the BlackBerry for all of us to Champion. Good luck.
    06-27-17 10:31 AM
    OP, glad you give the credit to K1 design and build quality. Come from a "hater", it carries extra weight ;-). would you say Mike L is correct? eventually?
    06-27-17 11:35 AM
    I gotta wait for two things. I want the price to come down a bit and I need to know without a doubt that it works well on Verizon networks. by that I mean not in urban areas. not being able to get WiFi calling working is another strike. I need it, otherwise I might as well not have my phone while inside my work buildings
    Avenzuno likes this.
    06-27-17 11:36 AM
    I want revision model with signal and screen improvement.
    06-27-17 11:43 AM
    Happy for you that you finally got one.

I'm sure you'll be impressed with the battery life. I don't even care to fully charge it anymore. I just plug it in for less than half an hour on BOOST mode as I get ready for my day. >60% and I'm confident it'll get me through a typical day.

Yes, I agree the Passport keyboard is supreme. Both in materials, feel, and capacitive sensitivity. But I do enjoy using the K1 keyboard though. When I went back to my Priv for a few days, i found i constantly slid it out to use the PKB. The K1 actually got me to appreciate the PKB way more.

Hope the phone holds up to use. Enjoy!
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    06-27-17 11:56 AM
    Yeah this really bugs me. It's not very apparent during the day but at night it really stands out.
    Yeah I agree. Here is perfect keyboard led looks like on my passport.

xandros9 likes this.
    06-27-17 12:13 PM
    Who are you and what have you done with donnation? 😉
    BigBadWulf and anon(9188202) like this.
    06-27-17 12:18 PM
    Who are you and what have you done with donnation? ������
    Lol I've given credit to BB many times in the past. I loved the BBOS devices and while I hated the Z10 I did really like the Z30 as well as the Passport, and credited both of those devices. My Passport love disappeared when I had one screen lift and the other I could not get rid of double typing. The Priv for me was meh. I hated the keyboard and even after exchanging my first one because the slider wobbled really bad I got a worse built second one with a back that felt like it was caving in. The overheating on the Priv also was a constant annoyance.

But I do like the style and feel of the KEYone, and I've not had a single issue with signal which was my biggest fear. If my screen does come out I'll return it and won't buy another one, but I'm pretty happy with it right now.
    anon(9188202) likes this.
    06-27-17 12:25 PM
    Yeah I agree. Here is perfect keyboard led looks like on my passport.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...530caf6293.jpg
    Yeah that's nice. I can live with mine if it's the biggest issue I have but I'd definitely prefer an evenly lit keyboard.
    06-27-17 12:28 PM
    Lol I've given credit to BB many times in the past. I loved the BBOS devices and while I hated the Z10 I did really like the Z30 as well as the Passport, and credited both of those devices. My Passport love disappeared when I had one screen lift and the other I could not get rid of double typing. The Priv for me was meh. I hated the keyboard and even after exchanging my first one because the slider wobbled really bad I got a worse built second one with a back that felt like it was caving in. The overheating on the Priv also was a constant annoyance.

But I do like the style and feel of the KEYone, and I've not had a single issue with signal which was my biggest fear. If my screen does come out I'll return it and won't buy another one, but I'm pretty happy with it right now.
    That's good to hear, and I hope it holds up for you. I'm very fortunate that I got one of the good Privs and love it to bits.
    My Passport too, never had a problem with it. My Leap also, come to that!
    Can't see me buying a KEYone as I expect my current portfolio of Blackberries to see me through for at least a couple of years and who knows where we'll be then!
    Mind you, the Indian variant of the KEYone sounds interesting!
    fankuan likes this.
    06-27-17 12:37 PM
    Good post and some good points. Over time it will continue to impress.
    fankuan likes this.
    06-27-17 12:47 PM
    Blackberry keyone is the best device and easy to repair too I love my keyone
    fankuan likes this.
    06-27-17 01:11 PM
    Glad that you are liking it donnation. Your gripes are valid. I would prefer to have the keyboard backlighting more consistent. That being said though it doesn't necessarily bother me the way it is now. I find the convenience key to be in a good location for me. My biggest shared gripe with you would be the screen. I would prefer a better screen. This is the one aspect that really bothers me, especially to its usability in sunlight. Overall though I am very pleased.
    06-27-17 02:52 PM
    Nice review, finally some good words to hear! I'm glad you got the device and are enjoying it. Keep us posted on the screen issue a d if it happens to you.
    06-27-17 03:25 PM
    It's always subjective but some people prefer their screen with Adaptive Brightness OFF. If that makes a difference for some?
    06-27-17 03:42 PM
    Since I'm pretty much known as a hater
    Meh, a bit too critical at times maybe, but it's been a rough ride for years.

Title slightly augmented, cause you're just an opinionated
    06-27-17 07:02 PM
    Meh, a bit too critical at times maybe, but it's been a rough ride for years.

Title slightly augmented, cause you're just an opinionated http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/w...e/e28cf456.gif
    Hahahahaha!
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    06-27-17 07:03 PM
94 123 ...