Do we actually know the release date for the KEYone, or just April??? My wife's birthday is in April a new phone is a lot better that a IOU note.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-17 10:09 AM
    No we don't have the date yet
    03-16-17 10:15 AM
    Do we actually know the release date for the KEYone, or just April??? My wife's birthday is in April a new phone is a lot better that a IOU note.

Posted via CB10

Posted with my  Classic
    03-16-17 10:24 AM
    On saturn.de and mediamarkt.de it says May 4. lol

Via Pasta CB10
    03-16-17 10:30 AM
    On saturn.de and mediamarkt.de it says May 4. lol

Via Pasta CB10
    I saw that story as well and am still hopeful they didn't announce the April release and have to push it.
    03-16-17 12:02 PM
    I saw that story as well and am still hopeful they didn't announce the April release and have to push it.
    And clove had listed on the site early to mid April, so be I pre-ordered and paid, now they've removed any mention of delivery dates.
    03-16-17 01:31 PM
    I don't mind, as long as the released product is done right and not rushed out unfinished to meet the deadline. A few weeks will not kill me...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    03-16-17 08:57 PM
    The answer to your question is.... "SOON"

When that is, who knows. Anyone care to put out an over/under as to whether they'll accomplish it within the next month?

Slagman: A few weeks may not kill you, but it'll surely be a buzzkill for them if they release 2-3 weeks late. It'll be another case of deja vu in terms of BlackBerry devices being released.
    03-16-17 09:04 PM
    The answer to your question is.... "SOON"

When that is, who knows. Anyone care to put out an over/under as to whether they'll accomplish it within the next month?

Slagman: A few weeks may not kill you, but it'll surely be a buzzkill for them if they release 2-3 weeks late. It'll be another case of deja vu in terms of BlackBerry devices being released.
    Well, if you think them releasing an unfinished product is better, then cool. I mean, obviously the best-case-scenario is that it's finished and on time, but when there are so many hands on making a product (the company who makes the chips,t he company who makes the screen, the company who makes the body, the company who makes the keyboard, etc. etc.) sometimes delays happen that's out of their control.
    03-16-17 09:27 PM
    Well, if you think them releasing an unfinished product is better, then cool. I mean, obviously the best-case-scenario is that it's finished and on time, but when there are so many hands on making a product (the company who makes the chips,t he company who makes the screen, the company who makes the body, the company who makes the keyboard, etc. etc.) sometimes delays happen that's out of their control.
    Exactly this , no way in hell do we want an unfinished device
    03-16-17 09:31 PM
    Didn't say I thought releasing an unfinished product was better. Wouldn't want a repeat of the Z10.

But it seems that anything with the BlackBerry brand seems to not be able to release on time. Other companies don't seem to have a problem meeting their deadlines for product release.
    Bure03 likes this.
    03-16-17 09:35 PM
    Exactly this , no way in hell do we want an unfinished device
    People here who've played with the device don't seem to mind that it's not a finished product. Seems like something better than any previous BlackBerry device that's already been released.
    03-16-17 09:38 PM
    Didn't say I thought releasing an unfinished product was better. Wouldn't want a repeat of the Z10.

But it seems that anything with the BlackBerry brand seems to not be able to release on time. Other companies don't seem to have a problem meeting their deadlines for product release.
    There hasnt been a specific date or deadline given so how they haven't and won't miss a deadline.
    03-16-17 10:01 PM
    There hasnt been a specific date or deadline given so how they haven't and won't miss a deadline.
    They said April release so if it's may, that would be a missed deadline imo. I also want it to be right even if they have to miss the deadline
    03-16-17 10:05 PM
    They said April release so if it's may, that would be a missed deadline imo. I also want it to be right even if they have to miss the deadline
    It's been confirmed for April by 3 carriers in Canada. We are mid March right now.
    anon(9710735) likes this.
    03-16-17 10:07 PM

This is technically tcl's first outing with a bb phone. And you cannot name a single company who has never had any delays. If it releases in May rather than April, that's hardly even worth mentioning. Now if it becomes June, July, etc, then yes, definitely needed to plan the launch better...

03-16-17 10:24 PM
    It's been confirmed for April by 3 carriers in Canada. We are mid March right now.
    they've only stated in April and I believe Bell stated May. Do you have a source that it will be on the 3rd?
    anon(9710735) likes this.
    03-16-17 11:31 PM
    they've only stated in April and I believe Bell stated May. Do you have a source that it will be on the 3rd?
    I didn't say the 3rd. I said confirmed by 3 carriers for April. Bell said April as well.
    Bure03 and anon(9710735) like this.
    03-16-17 11:32 PM
    This is technically tcl's first outing with a bb phone. And you cannot name a single company who has never had any delays. If it releases in May rather than April, that's hardly even worth mentioning. Now if it becomes June, July, etc, then yes, definitely needed to plan the launch better...

You can't compare them with every other company. Heavyweights Samsung and Apple don't miss deadlines like anything previously labelled with BlackBerry. "You're holding it wrong" couldn't damage Apple. Batteries that caught on fire haven't put a dent on Galaxy sales.

When the brand is that badly damaged and tarnished, there is no leeway. What kind of message are you sending to the world if you're late? The world will basically just say "Told you so. That cr@ppy BlackBerry junk. They can't even release their devices on time."
    03-16-17 11:54 PM
    I didn't say the 3rd. I said confirmed by 3 carriers for April. Bell said April as well.
    Confirmed means what? Pre-order? They didn't say it'll be in stores. All they said was stay tuned. Sounds just like "coming soon" to me.
    03-16-17 11:55 PM
    Confirmed means what? Pre-order? They didn't say it'll be in stores. All they said was stay tuned. Sounds just like "coming soon" to me.
    Do some research and read. Rogers' tweet stated "Released in April".
    th.1977 likes this.
    03-17-17 12:01 AM
    People here who've played with the device don't seem to mind that it's not a finished product. Seems like something better than any previous BlackBerry device that's already been released.
    I'm one of those people, and no, I would not be happy if they had released it the way it was. We enjoyed it because we could see the potential it has as a FINISHED product...

03-17-17 12:49 AM
    You can't compare them with every other company. Heavyweights Samsung and Apple don't miss deadlines like anything previously labelled with BlackBerry. "You're holding it wrong" couldn't damage Apple. Batteries that caught on fire haven't put a dent on Galaxy sales.

When the brand is that badly damaged and tarnished, there is no leeway. What kind of message are you sending to the world if you're late? The world will basically just say "Told you so. That cr@ppy BlackBerry junk. They can't even release their devices on time."
    That's all fine and dandy, but if one of the suppliers tcl depended on fails to deliver on time, what are they supposed to do?

Last edited by slagman5; 03-17-17 at 01:14 AM.
    03-17-17 12:51 AM
    That's all fine and dandy, but if one of the suppliers tcl depended on fails to deliver on time, what are they supposed to do?

Isn't TCL large enough to manage the supply chain more effectively and have more leverage with their suppliers, I thought that was one of the main points of licensing to them.
    03-17-17 05:16 AM
    it depends on how quickly the factory produces the product and how fast the ship from hong kong can move.
    03-17-17 05:21 AM
49 12