I have a keyone, android pay and a cibc credit card setup in bc, Canada. it will not work. comes up with card read error. I have called cibc several times. they keep promising that a rep will call me but they haven't called. does anyone have a keyone, android pay and cibc visa working? what was the solution?
    06-13-17 04:08 PM
    It doesn't work with PC Mastercard either so CIBC and PC don't work. Cards added fine byt yield card read error om terminals. Booo.
    06-13-17 04:58 PM
    I have a keyone, android pay and a cibc credit card setup in bc, Canada. it will not work. comes up with card read error. I have called cibc several times. they keep promising that a rep will call me but they haven't called. does anyone have a keyone, android pay and cibc visa working? what was the solution?
    CIBC Android Pay currently doesn't work with the KEYone. I've been in touch with them and they're working on a fix.

Thanks for chiming in though. The more reporting in, the more goes on CIBC.
    06-13-17 05:30 PM
    Here's my response from Google.

We received a response from our experts team and they confirmed this is an issue on our side. Our engineers are aware of this problem and are working hard to resolve it. Unfortunately, I can't provide a timeline for a fix at the moment but I'll be monitoring your case and we'll keep you posted for their response.
    knightfall likes this.
    06-14-17 02:10 PM
    Just got an update:

This email is to provide an update regarding the Android Pay Point of Sale (POS) Transaction issue when attempting to use your CIBC debit/credit card on your Blackberry KEYone device.

Please be advised that Blackberry has identified the cause of the transaction failures, and has developed a fix/ resolution.
    The fix is scheduled to be implemented on July 10, 2017 by Blackberry.

Feel free to contact us, if you have any questions.

We apologize for any inconvenience.
    06-16-17 02:38 PM
    Just got an update:

This email is to provide an update regarding the Android Pay Point of Sale (POS) Transaction issue when attempting to use your CIBC debit/credit card on your Blackberry KEYone device.

Please be advised that Blackberry has identified the cause of the transaction failures, and has developed a fix/ resolution.
    The fix is scheduled to be implemented on July 10, 2017 by Blackberry.

Feel free to contact us, if you have any questions.

We apologize for any inconvenience.
    I just received this too! Good to see CIBC was on it and worked with BlackBerry to create a fix. July 10 is about a month away, but worth the wait if it works!
    06-16-17 06:58 PM
    as suggested in another thread I switch out my Sim card for a new one and everything now works.
    06-18-17 09:01 AM
    as suggested in another thread I switch out my Sim card for a new one and everything now works.
    Which bank are you with?
    06-18-17 09:26 AM
    CIBC MC. Desjardins debit and visa

As soon as I inserted the new Sim it worked.
    06-18-17 09:48 AM
    CIBC MC. Desjardins debit and visa

As soon as I inserted the new Sim it worked.
    CIBC has Master Card? I thought they were only Visa. And did Android Pay work with a CIBC card or with Desjardins?
    06-18-17 12:21 PM
    they do have MC. AP works for both the cards and debit.
    06-18-17 02:36 PM
    they do have MC. AP works for both the cards and debit.
    Lucky. Just tried AP with my CIBC VISA and no luck at Tim Horton's. Guess I just need to keep waiting until the 15th of next month.
    06-18-17 02:46 PM
    did you swap the Sim card for a new one?
    06-18-17 06:56 PM
    did you swap the Sim card for a new one?
    No. My card is just over a year old.

And CIBC had already contacted me saying they found the issue and BlackBerry will push an update July 15. (Someone else shared this earlier in the thread). It's because of that info I was confused your CIBC card worked. A SIM card swap shouldn't effect anything.
    06-18-17 07:31 PM
    No. My card is just over a year old.

And CIBC had already contacted me saying they found the issue and BlackBerry will push an update July 15. (Someone else shared this earlier in the thread). It's because of that info I was confused your CIBC card worked. A SIM card swap shouldn't effect anything.
    Ok. If you recall we pretty much had the same issue. My Sim card was relatively new also and a swap solved the problem and android pay now works. Just saying....might be worth a try.
    06-19-17 06:29 AM
    Ok. If you recall we pretty much had the same issue. My Sim card was relatively new also and a swap solved the problem and android pay now works. Just saying....might be worth a try.
    I went to Rogers to investigate. You got an NFC SIM card, didn't you.
    06-19-17 05:30 PM
    I think they are all NFC enabled now. they nl longer differentiate.
    06-19-17 05:36 PM
    I think they are all NFC enabled now. they nl longer differentiate.
    They're not. Rogers discontinued NFC SIM cards a year ago. The Rogers guys told me if I wanted an NFC SIM card, I could special order one from Rogers direct.
    06-19-17 06:41 PM
    well I just took the card they gave me and everything works now. NFC cards were required with their suretap wallet. that is discontinued and you don't need an NFC card. anyways that's all I have. they gave me the card and probably would do the same for you. up to you if you want to try it out or not.
    06-19-17 06:56 PM
    I did try. This is what they told me. Haha
    06-19-17 08:51 PM
    Hey OP,

Any luck?
    I'm having the same issue, using PC Mastercard with KEYone, failed at Dollarama, Tim's, and Shoppers.
    The device is detecting the machine, because it will launch the App while unlocked.
    In the same boat with PC Mastercard here in Toronto. App launches, says "Hold phone closer" , I try sliding it all over the terminal and nothing
    06-20-17 09:34 PM
    I've been using Android Pay in Australia for about a year now with 3 different phones. I had no troubles setting it up when my KEYone arrived, worked first time. I will say though, my KEYone is fussier than my previous phones when it comes to the distance it wants to be from the touch terminal. Every now and then the payment will fail and I'd have to hold it a bit further away - no big deal but I thought I'd mention it.
    06-20-17 11:26 PM
    Someone on Google+ just told me Android Pay via BMO began working yesterday for him on his KEYone.

BMO - 1
    CIBC - 0
    Scotia - ?
    I guess atm I'm the only one with Scotia and I've giving up trying. It failed everywhere I went. It read card reader error.
    06-21-17 04:07 AM
    I guess atm I'm the only one with Scotia and I've giving up trying. It failed everywhere I went. It read card reader error.
    I'm with Scotia as well.. Same here, no luck so far. I guess we can hope the update blackberry will push out next month will fix the issue for all banks or we can try swaping the Sim card as suggested by others (although mine works on my dtek60)...
    Gelzz likes this.
    06-21-17 06:08 AM
    Doesn't work for me either - KeyOne on Rogers in Toronto. Scotia Visa and BMO Mastercard loaded into Android Pay. Tried at Tim's, McDonalds, Canadian Tire for very small purchases. Gives a variety of authentication error messages depending on the terminal. Apple Pay works fine, and has been working fine since last summer.
    No luck with my KEYone and android pay here in Canada on rogers at a number of terminals. Most importantly lcbo!!

Funny enough though I haven't had success using my banks mobile wallet either. I have a ticket opened with them right now.
    06-21-17 05:00 PM
131 ... 23456