I'm using my banks app. It works. It never used to.
    06-10-17 04:30 AM
    Hmmmm. Successfully activated a MasterCard (BMO), a Visa (CIBC), and an Interac card, all from different banks (though the Visa required me to phone in to my bank to validate). All working fine.

SUPER convenient, gotta admit.
    Have you successfullly been able to use your CIBC Visa in Android Pay at a debit machine?

You're the first person to respond with the same factors as me (CIBC, Android Pay, KeyONE).
    06-10-17 05:30 AM
    Using in Australia all the time. Just that Android Pay can be a little iffy in my experience as compared to Apple Pay.
    06-10-17 06:20 AM
    Same issue as you. I'm using CIBC debit card. Hasn't worked anywhere I've tried it.
    06-10-17 05:54 PM
    Same issue as you. I'm using CIBC debit card. Hasn't worked anywhere I've tried it.
    Finally. Someone with the exact variables as me. Have you contacted CIBC yet? I could connect you with the head of Android Pay at CIBC.
    06-10-17 06:11 PM
    Have you heard back from Google? I submitted a ticket to BlackBerry on Friday last week and I've heard nothing back. @blackberry via Twitter just tells me, "They must be running behind."
    Google keeps giving me a we are looking into it updates, but no actual info on what's wrong and corrective action on their end.
    06-10-17 08:23 PM
    Finally. Someone with the exact variables as me. Have you contacted CIBC yet? I could connect you with the head of Android Pay at CIBC.
    I haven't contacted CIBC as it seems to me it's a hardware issue, more than anything. Seems like the phone and the terminal communicate, but don't complete the transaction.

Do you have a case on your KEYone? I do. The Dual Layer shell.
    06-10-17 08:48 PM
    I haven't contacted CIBC as it seems to me it's a hardware issue, more than anything. Seems like the phone and the terminal communicate, but don't complete the transaction.

Do you have a case on your KEYone? I do. The Dual Layer shell.
    I do have a clear thin case on mine. But it doesn't work at the tap machine with or without.

Please do contact CIBC. The lead tech has called me back and agreed there's an issue and is trying to resolve it. If you chime it, it may escalate it for us.
    06-10-17 09:00 PM
    I do have a clear thin case on mine. But it doesn't work at the tap machine with or without.

Please do contact CIBC. The lead tech has called me back and agreed there's an issue and is trying to resolve it. If you chime it, it may escalate it for us.
    OK. Who do I need to talk to?
    06-10-17 09:07 PM
    OK. Who do I need to talk to?
    I sent you a direct message here with his contact info.
    SunCoastBBGuy likes this.
    06-10-17 09:15 PM
    My mastercard card won't validate with the app. it says it has and it keeps telling me to validate it again. I called my bank and he said there as been insane numbers of calls with the same issue, and it's on Google end. first day with Android pay in Canada so I guess they are busy. I'll try in a few days.
    Mastercard has their own wallet in Play Store. If that's the bluebeard that you use, might be worth a try.
    06-10-17 09:22 PM
    Tried at Hero Burger al lunch (not an official one as per press release) and it worked flawlessly . Now if I can get rid of the need for my driver license, I may just be wallet free :-)
    You could try taking a high quality scan and storing it on the phone, for emergencies. I highly doubt police would consider it, but at least it's something in the event you are ever wallet-less.
    06-12-17 12:17 AM
    Thank you for reply...great minds think alike since I have already done that last year. Have photo of both sides of my driver license and OHIP (provincial medical) cards in my phone (in a folder with other serial numbers, warranties, etc.). Figured, police may or may not accept, but its better than nothing since I do forget my wallet at times, but never my phone. Phone also has all my loyalty cards in its own app...getting ever so close to a full digital wallet. PS. Android Pay debit works everywhere I tried it this weekend around Toronto (if they have intereact, it works!)
    06-12-17 10:48 AM
    Thank you for reply...great minds think alike since I have already done that last year. Have photo of both sides of my driver license and OHIP (provincial medical) cards in my phone (in a folder with other serial numbers, warranties, etc.). Figured, police may or may not accept, but its better than nothing since I do forget my wallet at times, but never my phone. Phone also has all my loyalty cards in its own app...getting ever so close to a full digital wallet. PS. Android Pay debit works everywhere I tried it this weekend around Toronto (if they have intereact, it works!)
    May I ask which bank you used the card with in Android Pay?
    06-12-17 11:25 AM
    Knightfall I am using Bank of Montreal (BMO) debit card. (it is the "MasterCard" Debit one that they introduced earlier this year vs. the standard debit card of past).
    06-12-17 11:29 AM
    Android Pay is crap.
    If available at your location, try using Cards. Much more then a simple payment card wallet, I actually use it to enter my office (also punch my clock), enter my Gym, I pay with it (well mostly McDonald's accept NFC at my Location, Israel) and even for transportation.

Here it is https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....android&hl=en
    Not looking to start an argument or something. But I'm a little weary about 3rd party developers with a list of permission requirements such as (in this case):

For Cards:
    This app has access to:
    Identity
    find accounts on the device
    Contacts
    precise location (GPS and network-based)
    Phone
    directly call phone numbers
    read phone status and identity
    Photos/Media/Files
    read the contents of your USB storage
    modify or delete the contents of your USB storage
    Storage
    Camera
    take pictures and videos
    Device ID & call information
    read phone status and identity
    Other
    receive data from Internet
    view network connections
    control flashlight
    full network access
    control Near Field Communication
    run at startup
    draw over other apps
    prevent device from sleeping
    install shortcuts
    uninstall shortcuts
    read Google service configuration"

vs. Android Pay:
    Google Inc.
    This app has access to:
    Identity
    Contacts
    Photos/Media/Files
    Storage
    Camera
    take pictures and videos
    Wi-Fi connection information
    view Wi-Fi connections
    Other
    receive data from Internet
    view network connections
    measure app storage space
    full network access
    control Near Field Communication
    run at startup
    control vibration
    prevent device from sleeping
    read Google service configuration

Now not to say that either will use your information nefariously of course but I have to admit, I feel a little better with Google having the permissions than a 3rd party developer given Google already knows so much about me already! Not to be argumentative, just putting it out there. Cards is a compelling all-in-one solution for sure; does it really need all those permissions to work though?
    Last edited by ajwan; 06-12-17 at 12:37 PM.
    mnns likes this.
    06-12-17 11:51 AM
    Knightfall I am using Bank of Montreal (BMO) debit card. (it is the "MasterCard" Debit one that they introduced earlier this year vs. the standard debit card of past).
    Ah, okay. Yeah BMO appears to working for everyone now.
    06-12-17 12:02 PM
    I was able to add my CIBC Debit and Credit Cards successfully yet it failed the first time I tried to use it. It vibrated and showed that i was scanned yet the terminal gave a Read error. Tried both cards multiple times and gave up. I paid by tapping my card so clearly the merchant accepts this type of payment. I have unsuccessfully tried contacting Android Pay via chat twice and am beyond frustrated as they were useless. Their only answer to questions is where the Android Pay logo appears.
    06-12-17 12:59 PM
    I was able to add my CIBC Debit and Credit Cards successfully yet it failed the first time I tried to use it. It vibrated and showed that i was scanned yet the terminal gave a Read error. Tried both cards multiple times and gave up. I paid by tapping my card so clearly the merchant accepts this type of payment. I have unsuccessfully tried contacting Android Pay via chat twice and am beyond frustrated as they were useless. Their only answer to questions is where the Android Pay logo appears.
    I have contact info for the lead tech for Android Pay at CIBC. I will send that info directly to you via DM here.

Please do contact him so he and CIBC knows it is more than a few KEYone owners trying to use Android Pay.
    06-12-17 01:44 PM
    Until this am, it was not. Changed SIM yesterday from previous Rogers (with Rogers Suretap Mobile Wallet functionality) to the new SIM Rogers shipped with the phone. Did the SIM change online and reinstalled app. Now tried this am at McDonalds and voila, worked like a charm. Not sure if SIM card change, delete/reinstall or simply a background fix with Android Pay, but it works :-)
    I had the exact same issue with my new KEYOne I got on Saturday from Rogers. I added both TD Visa to the TD app and American Express to AMEX app. I am in Canada. Yesterday I tried three times, trying with both cards, and each time the merchant's POS terminal gave the double beep meaning the tap to pay is not being accepted.

After reading this thread and another on here on Crackberry, I decided that reusing the old Suretap SIM that was in my old Passport could be the problem. On my old Passport I had tap to pay working via the Ugo app until it was discontinued last June.

I called Rogers tech support this morning and the tech agreed with my suggestion that a new SIM card might be needed....she said her brother had the exact same issue, and a new SIM card cured it. She put a note on my file so that I wouldn't be charged for a new SIM when I went to a Rogers store for a new one. I got the new SIM installed this morning and added my Visa back to the TD app. It worked first time at the grocery store. I haven't added back or tried the AMEX cards yet.

One thing I would strongly suggest is, before switching SIM cards or deleting and reinstalling the payment apps, that the credit cards be deleted from the apps. I say this because when I tried to delete and reinstall the AMEX app last night to see if that was the problem I was unable to add the cards back until I phoned AMEX due to the app thinking the cards were still associated with a different phone. The same thing may happen with a SIM card replacement.

So, in short, delete or disassociate all the cards on your phone with their respective apps and go and get a new Suretap SIM card from your mobile carrier. Then add the cards back and it should work.
    06-12-17 03:03 PM
    I called and there is a known issue with Android Pay and the Keyone with CIBC. Hopefully it'll get fixed soon.
    terminatorx and knightfall like this.
    06-12-17 05:58 PM
    I called and there is a known issue with Android Pay and the Keyone with CIBC. Hopefully it'll get fixed soon.
    You see, it usually takes a lady to get to the bottom of these things! Thanks.
    06-12-17 10:13 PM
    Thanks for calling them. The more reporting in, the better.
    06-13-17 02:38 AM
    Now not to say that either will use your information nefariously of course but I have to admit, I feel a little better with Google having the permissions than a 3rd party developer given Google already knows so much about me already! Not to be argumentative, just putting it out there. Cards is a compelling all-in-one solution for sure; does it really need all those permissions to work though?
    Well, I know that the names Google had given to Android permissions are highly misleading. As you said, Cards is "all in one" app. Cards is kinda "the app of apps" where you can not only add any card from a list of millions of globally available cards (either loyalty, credit etc.) but you can also use apps on top of those cards.

For example, you can add a "pizza hut" loyalty card and install Pizza Hut's "menu" app which will let you order pizza directly from within the app itself. Which now means this "menu" app needs your location etc.

As far as I inspected Cards, it is by far the most secure wallet app (or any app?) in the app store. I mean, they include Iris/Retina/Fingerprint unlock, double encryption of data in the cloud and on your device, enabling you to remotely lock your wallet etc. They developed their own encryption protocol on top of existing known protocols as written in their blog etc. I really feel safe with Cards. It seems that they are very security oriented.

Also, let's face it, Android Pay has 10% of the functionality that Cards has, it is natural for Cards to request more permissions.
    06-13-17 05:55 AM
    Well, I know that the names Google had given to Android permissions are highly misleading. As you said, Cards is "all in one" app. Cards is kinda "the app of apps" where you can not only add any card from a list of millions of globally available cards (either loyalty, credit etc.) but you can also use apps on top of those cards.

For example, you can add a "pizza hut" loyalty card and install Pizza Hut's "menu" app which will let you order pizza directly from within the app itself. Which now means this "menu" app needs your location etc.

As far as I inspected Cards, it is by far the most secure wallet app (or any app?) in the app store. I mean, they include Iris/Retina/Fingerprint unlock, double encryption of data in the cloud and on your device, enabling you to remotely lock your wallet etc. They developed their own encryption protocol on top of existing known protocols as written in their blog etc. I really feel safe with Cards. It seems that they are very security oriented.

Also, let's face it, Android Pay has 10% of the functionality that Cards has, it is natural for Cards to request more permissions.
    Thanks for your reply. Whereas we all know how Google makes their money (by selling our second-to-second habits to advertisers), it's not clear how the Cards developers make theirs (as their app is free, someone's gotta pay). I'm only asking this as the functionality of Cards is not in dispute; I'm also considering the app myself.
    06-13-17 10:13 AM
131 12345 ...