Android Pay went live in Canada yesterday! I activated my CC yesterday by setting it up on my KEYone and calling my bank. No issues there at all.

I went to different stores last night to test it out. It failed at Tim Horton's, McDonald's, Shopper's Drug Mart, and IGA/Sobey's.

At each location the tap machine would say, "Card no accepted. Insert chip." but on my KEYone, the device would vibrate and Android Pay opened up. It registered the machine, but kept telling me to hold my phone closer - yet my phone was up against the tap machine.

I've called my bank and they say everything looks good on their end and they're unsure why it wouldn't work at that many locations.

Has anyone had any luck with Android Pay using their KEYone? Canada, or elsewhere?
    SunCoastBBGuy likes this.
    06-01-17 11:38 AM
    Android Pay went live in Canada yesterday! I activated my CC yesterday by setting it up on my KEYone and calling my bank. No issues there at all.

I went to different stores last night to test it out. It failed at Tim Horton's, McDonald's, Shopper's Drug Mart, and IGA/Sobey's.

At each location the tap machine would say, "Card no accepted. Insert chip." but on my KEYone, the device would vibrate and Android Pay opened up. It registered the machine, but kept telling me to hold my phone closer - yet my phone was up against the tap machine.

I've called my bank and they say everything looks good on their end and they're unsure why it wouldn't work at that many locations.

Has anyone had any luck with Android Pay using their KEYone? Canada, or elsewhere?
    I'm assuming you have your NFC turned on? I use RBC wallet and it works great on KEYone but thats a different app than Android Pay.
    06-01-17 12:07 PM
    I'm assuming you have your NFC turned on? I use RBC wallet and it works great on KEYone but thats a different app than Android Pay.
    Yes, NFC is on. I know it's working because I used it to setup my KEYone from my Nexus 6P (I put the phones back to back). That, and as said, the KEYone vibrates and opens Android Pay when I place it on the tap machine.

That's good to know about RBC's app working.
    06-01-17 12:21 PM
    In the UK it's a seamless experience. Use it all the time. Very simple.
    06-01-17 06:57 PM
    Having the same issue. Actually neither Amex pay nor android pay works. NFC is on and everything seems to be set up right.
    06-01-17 07:32 PM
    Been using Android Pay on my UK KEYone in the states for a few weeks and it works REALLY well. Instant.

I just picked up a US model and I imagine it will be no different.

Keep in mind, autoloaders may cause Android Pay to stop working as it did for me. So think twice before loading them.
    06-01-17 08:35 PM
    My mastercard card won't validate with the app. it says it has and it keeps telling me to validate it again. I called my bank and he said there as been insane numbers of calls with the same issue, and it's on Google end. first day with Android pay in Canada so I guess they are busy. I'll try in a few days.
    06-01-17 08:41 PM
    Having the same issue. Actually neither Amex pay nor android pay works. NFC is on and everything seems to be set up right.
    Was your card successfully set up through your bank? Does it seem to be an NFC issue with you too?
    5EELTD likes this.
    06-01-17 11:33 PM
    I'm just using my banks app.

Works ok. But seems to stop working after each app update. Needs a sign out and back in before use.
    06-02-17 04:15 AM
    Was your card successfully set up through your bank? Does it seem to be an NFC issue with you too?
    Yes it was all set up properly. I think it's an NFC issue at this point.
    knightfall likes this.
    06-02-17 05:17 AM
    Yep used it for the first time yesterday. Very easy. (UK)
    knightfall likes this.
    06-02-17 06:09 AM
    worked for me at my grocery store
    knightfall likes this.
    06-02-17 06:47 AM
    Worked for me here in the US with my Debit card. strangely, my Amex was declined (card is fine, thanks for asking). maybe Amex doesn't like tap to pay vending machines...
    knightfall likes this.
    06-02-17 09:43 AM
    Nope because I'm with TD. Unfortunately in my city TD absolutely blows the competition away with open-late hours which is very important for me. More important than having android pay I think, unfortunately.
    06-02-17 12:24 PM
    Nope because I'm with TD. Unfortunately in my city TD absolutely blows the competition away with open-late hours which is very important for me. More important than having android pay I think, unfortunately.
    Td is like the only bank that isn't on board in Canada I believe, sucks but I'm with all banks so no worries there
    06-02-17 12:26 PM
    Td is like the only bank that isn't on board in Canada I believe, sucks but I'm with all banks so no worries there
    Yes I've considered opening an account with another bank just for the sake of having android pay. It would be a pain in the rear end to have multiple credit cards and constantly having to add money to that account when I have direct deposit set up with my TD accounts though.
    06-02-17 12:31 PM
    Royal Bank isn't on board either. In fact, they're not showing any hope of Android Pay, whereas TD is saying maybe in the future.
    06-02-17 03:30 PM
    worked for me at my grocery store
    You in Canada?
    06-02-17 03:30 PM
    no, in the US. have tried it at a few places and it seems all good.
    06-02-17 03:58 PM
    no, in the US. have tried it at a few places and it seems all good.
    Ah, okay then.

I'm still waiting to hear if anyone from Canada has been able to use their KEYone with Android Pay... I know now it should for those in UK and the US.
    06-03-17 04:39 AM
    Yes I've considered opening an account with another bank just for the sake of having android pay. It would be a pain in the rear end to have multiple credit cards and constantly having to add money to that account when I have direct deposit set up with my TD accounts though.
    You can use the TD App...just setup the pay option. Otherwise, UGO Wallet works great also.
    06-03-17 03:38 PM
    You can use the TD App...just setup the pay option. Otherwise, UGO Wallet works great also.
    Doesn't work for visa debit and my credit cards are mastercards which don't work either.
    06-03-17 03:51 PM
    Doesn't work for visa debit and my credit cards are mastercards which don't work either.
    Very true. Only works with Visa credit, both apps...
    06-03-17 04:03 PM
    I have my PC mastercard setup on both UGO and android pay. Both work fine. Android pay is a little more convenient though.
    06-03-17 04:12 PM
    06-03-17 08:08 PM
131 123 ...