Or -3. Or -4. Guess it depends on how many variations they make lol.
    Which really means if the Americans are getting involved or not.
    02-17-17 10:13 AM
    Very cool. Can't wait.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-17 10:14 AM
    I see TCL Communication Ltd. has another 16 phones that were approved in 2017.
    02-17-17 10:22 AM
    that's great news
    02-17-17 10:54 AM
    Manufacturer is TCL, not BlackBerry (as it was for the DTEK60). FCC should thereby be under TCL's Identifier.
    So for FCC it might be 2ACCJ instead if L6A.

Also, noticed the AAJ048 build number? Priv's Feb patch is AAJ043. Sooooo close...
    02-17-17 02:25 PM
    So for FCC it might be 2ACCJ instead if L6A.

Also, noticed the AAJ048 build number? Priv's Feb patch is AAJ043. Sooooo close...
    It's chronology, nothing more.
    02-17-17 03:06 PM
    I see TCL Communication Ltd. has another 16 phones that were approved in 2017.
    You see older phones get approved again sometimes
    02-17-17 04:19 PM
    You see older phones get approved again sometimes
    But the approvals are usually different, be it a Class II Permissive change to enable certain features or a different variant.
    02-19-17 07:32 AM
    Does this mean the name of the phone is BBB100? That's only the worst name, ever.
    02-19-17 03:30 PM
    Does this mean the name of the phone is BBB100? That's only the worst name, ever.
    Nope, this is just a model name, not the "marketing" name.

Passport Silver Edition for example had a model name SQW100-4
    Passport original edition was SQW100-1

DTEK-60 has model name of BBA-100-2

And so on

Posted via CB10
    02-19-17 04:12 PM
    Nope, this is just a model name, not the "marketing" name.

Passport Silver Edition for example had a model name SQW100-4
    Passport original edition was SQW100-1

DTEK-60 has model name of BBA-100-2

And so on

Posted via CB10
    Coming from product design, I know the difference between marketing name and model number. :-)

What made me think that model number and marketing name are one and the same for BB "Mercury" is because the WiFi cert. says so.

But... that's not to say the marketing name, to be announced next week, isn't actually something pronounce-able. Hoping they just leave it alone and stick with "Mercury."
    02-19-17 05:37 PM
    02-19-17 07:57 PM
    Pardon the wussy a$$ed whining, but I just had to get it off my chest.

So no FCC certification as far as we can see?. Potentially another month away from shipping an actual device is possible. I guess we'll know in 4 days. Or maybe not. Really kind of hard to maintain enthusiasm about something I fear will disappoint at this point in wireless evolution. I haven't been pleased with a handset since the 9810. That was really something different. Still using it today. Every slab I put my hands on disappoints because you'd think you'd get a better internet experience but it's not even close. And the size!!! I do however like some of the navigation apps and I do like a few things that Android can do. But as far as having a really impressive handset I think those days are over for everyone. I (just my opinion), can't see how I'm going to be excited by a PKB in 2017. I'm really trying. I've got a classic, a priv and a z10 (mostly for testing our UEM upgrade, I'm still using the 9810 on BES, because it still works 10 years later) and I have been waiting for Mercury. Heck I used to use a nextel i830 That was impressive for its day (in my industry, construction). This whole process seems so painfully slow. I feel like I've invested a lot in waiting for this new device and whenever I do that I'm usually disappointed. I can't even bring myself to buy a new laptop because I've been disappointed with almost everyone I've looked at. I'm pretty picky about electronics so I'm hard to please. Still using my lenovo x301 because of the ruggedness and form factor but looking at X1 Yoga OLED. Hard dropping 1800 bucks only to find out you really don't like it. Nearly impossible for me to see this device retail without a trip to NYC (B&H maybe).

So we'll hopefully get some good news on Saturday but I can't/wont buy it sight unseen and I have very little confidence that it will ever be available in a retail location to handle. I remember when I got my hands on a priv the first time. You know the word... Starts with a D. Don't hate the priv, but I have noticed that it's SLOW by comparison to the S6 Active I use side by side in testing. Screens, menu's etc. For some reason the Priv takes upwards of 2 minutes to install an app or update. I don't remember it being this slow when I started. Maybe since I've installed apps (probably 10-12) I'm slowing it down. Either way, it's kind of getting painful to use, painful like hitting an icon twice thinking you missed it the first time only to find out you didn't, it's just slow painful.

OK, enough. Looking forward to what they are going to tell us in Spain on Saturday.

Roveer
    02-20-17 05:45 PM
    Coming from product design, I know the difference between marketing name and model number. :-)

What made me think that model number and marketing name are one and the same for BB "Mercury" is because the WiFi cert. says so.

But... that's not to say the marketing name, to be announced next week, isn't actually something pronounce-able. Hoping they just leave it alone and stick with "Mercury."
    Amm... what??
    BlackBerry Mercury earns Wi-Fi Alliance certification
    Do you see "Mercury" anywhere?
    02-21-17 07:23 AM
    02-21-17 09:23 AM
    Amm... what??
    BlackBerry Mercury earns Wi-Fi Alliance certification
    Do you see "Mercury" anywhere?

There is no Mercury mentioned, and that's what I was saying. :-P

Product name listed as BBB100-1 in that cert. doesn't necessarily mean the actual marketing (product) name is not Mercury, but we won't know till the release.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-17 12:04 PM
    You must be kidding right?
    UrbanGlowCam likes this.
    02-21-17 12:40 PM
    You must be kidding right?
    Don't get me wrong - I'm still buying the BBB100-1 (or -whatever the North America model is). Don't really care what it's called - it's the form factor and the security hardening that defines this phone, and I'm pretty stoked on it. Just saying it won't be good sell to friends, telling them to buy the "BBB100" lol.

edit:
    Tried the DTEK50 while traveling and it worked well, spare the less than desirable battery life. I've already drank the BB Android koolaid. AT&T is apparently releasing the same-number-multiple-sim system soon. It would be great to be able to use the Passport as the daily driver and the BBB100 as the "apps" device concurrently.
    02-21-17 02:27 PM
    Don't get me wrong - I'm still buying the BBB100-1 (or -whatever the North America model is). Just saying it won't be good sell to friends, telling them to buy the "BBB100" lol.
    Dude have you seen any certification for any BlackBerry product ever before this? They are all listed in that style. It won't be the name the product releases with.
    02-21-17 02:30 PM
    Dude have you seen any certification for any BlackBerry product ever before this? They are all listed in that style. It won't be the name the product releases with.
    Yeah, the DTEK60 is pretty recent in memory and I remember seeing the marketing (product) name as BlackBerry DTEK60:

http://certifications.prod.wi-fi.org...d?cid=WFA67265

Hence why I thought the phone was going to be called that. We'll find out the real name at release. :-)
    02-21-17 02:52 PM
    I decided to go to tclcomm.com and they had a shipment figures for handsets for January YOY. Take a look here: http://www.tclcom.com/admin/document...NG%20final.pdf

Also go here: TCL Communication Technology Holdings Limited very strange to see the blackberry logo as if BB is a subsidiary of TCL (isn't Alcatel?)

Has Mercury passed FCC/WIFI certification-tcl1.jpg

First I freaked out at the numbers, then saw the (units '000) - but what exactly does that mean? 3824 turns into 382,400? Apple ships how many per month? (not a fair comparison). But more importantly, 34% drop YOY.

Has Mercury passed FCC/WIFI certification-tcl.jpg
    Last edited by Roveer; 02-21-17 at 05:30 PM.
    02-21-17 05:18 PM
    I decided to go to tclcomm.com and they had a shipment figures for handsets for January YOY. Take a look here: http://www.tclcom.com/admin/document...NG%20final.pdf

Also go here: TCL Communication Technology Holdings Limited very strange to see the blackberry logo as if BB is a subsidiary of TCL (isn't Alcatel?)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tcl1.jpg 
Views:	207 
Size:	36.9 KB 
ID:	417843

First I freaked out at the numbers, then saw the (units '000) - but what exactly does that mean? 3824 turns into 382,400? Apple ships how many per month? (not a fair comparison). But more importantly, 34% drop YOY.

Name:	tcl.jpg 
Views:	208 
Size:	67.6 KB 
ID:	417842
    do you even math?
    3824 and '000 = 3'824'000
    02-21-17 05:44 PM
    Seems you were so eager to crush my post (angry world), you forgot the word "know". Happy that I could correct you. Care to comment on the -34% or just interested in showing how someone is wrong?
    02-21-17 05:46 PM
    Seems you were so eager to crush my post (angry world), you forgot the word "know". Happy that I could correct you. Care to comment on the -34% or just interested in showing how someone is wrong?
    3 million devices for ALCATEL is not a bad result, huh?

it's not much but other Android manufacturers which are not Samsung (but have a good name) struggle as well:
    HTC 10 sales are way below expectations: HTC struggling to sell 1 million units this year
    or for example this:
    https://www.cnet.com/uk/news/lenovos...ot-paying-off/ motorola (much more recognisable brand) sold 5 million phones only. not that much. but quite good.
    02-21-17 06:28 PM

Name:	tcl1.jpg 
Views:	207 
Size:	36.9 KB 
ID:	417843

Name:	tcl.jpg 
Views:	208 
Size:	67.6 KB 
ID:	417842
    You're missing a 0. 3824 turns into 3824000.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    02-21-17 10:11 PM
57 123