Yes no complain about either speed or battery life from me I usually have 50% left when I go to bed. And speed is good too just wonder if it will be even faster if I disable hub and enable the gmail app
    It wouldn't hurt - I'd say try it. Sometimes when the Blackberry apps get updated, I re-enable them to check out what's changed. But each time you do this, you have to give it time to load. I keep it for a day then delete it. To ensure it's cleared, I hold the power button for three cycles. Back to normal once booted.
    09-05-17 07:28 PM
    If I were to disable the hub, I may as well just ditch the whole phone.
    And that's not going to happen .....!!!
    09-05-17 07:38 PM
    I like the hub, use the hub, keeping the hub!
    09-05-17 09:14 PM
    Was thinking of using the same app combination. Did it help overall performance on the keyone? I think a lot of people are not considering the fact that univeral notifications and the hub app are very new.

People were just as productive on the bold 9900 which never had the hub it had everything separate like most android phones.
    Actually, didn't those devices have a unified INBOX? I believe all of my emails arrived in one box and I rarely if ever looked at the individual email account? Or am I wrong was that introduced with BB10 - it's been a while.
    09-05-17 11:16 PM
    I love the Hub. It's not quite as fluid as BB10, but I prefer it over anything else. Love my universal in box!

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    09-05-17 11:35 PM
    I have the hub disabled. I tried to get used to it on my Z10, but I just don't like it. I don't want all my stuff combined into one inbox - too much work email! If I'm going to keep them separate, there's no point using the hub. On Android it feels tacked on too.
    09-05-17 11:38 PM
    I've disabled them. I own a Priv and it gets a lot faster with those disabled.
    Moreover battery has improved too.

That's something I already noticed on my defunct Xperia Z5.

I've never been able to enjoy Android's hub as much as I did on BBOS 10, I hope it will improve in the near future.
    09-06-17 12:33 AM
    I have the hub disabled. I tried to get used to it on my Z10, but I just don't like it. I don't want all my stuff combined into one inbox - too much work email! If I'm going to keep them separate, there's no point using the hub. On Android it feels tacked on too.
    I understand the need to separate. In order to keep my sanity, my one work inbox is separate (recently). But everything else? Altogether.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-17 01:52 AM
    I see that mr mobile and and Kevin have both disabled the hub. wondering if there is performance gains
    I recall Mr. Mobile in his KEYOne review had criticized the Hub performance and speculated that could be due to the 3GB of RAM.

Posted via CB10 from my 100-4 Passport SE
    09-06-17 04:08 AM
  10. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Hub blows Gmail out of the water. disabled Gmail the minute I fired up the phone and can't do without the Hub now. BlackBerry also keeps improving it which is also a bonus.
    +1

Posted via CB10
    09-06-17 06:04 AM
    I'm on a Priv, but I've been moving away from BlackBerry apps...
    Currently, I'm using both the Hub and Outlook app but still on the fence as to which one is going to get disabled/uninstalled.
    09-06-17 07:43 AM
    i tried.. i really did.. i used every available unified inbox app out there, and at the end, i'm back using the HUB... i'm just waiting for BB to give us an option to get rid of the LONG prompt allowing you to undo the delete action... its so annoying that its not an instant delete and gone. at least give me an option to disable it..
    09-06-17 09:28 AM
    My wife (uses Huawei P10) had many BB apps installed including Hub but last night was the last straw as she missed an appointment blaming no notification and sync with BB hub from the Google Calendar. She had me remove EVERYTHING Blackberry lol
    09-06-17 09:35 AM
    I disabled the hub the day nine email implemented IMAP and Gmail.

No custom fonts and cumbersome html signature editor are dealbreakers for me. Nine email app is miles better than the hub in managing multiple accounts.
    09-06-17 09:36 AM
    i tried.. i really did.. i used every available unified inbox app out there, and at the end, i'm back using the HUB... i'm just waiting for BB to give us an option to get rid of the LONG prompt allowing you to undo the delete action... its so annoying that its not an instant delete and gone. at least give me an option to disable it..
    I have been dreaming and asking and threading about this for a long time. Such a redundant annoyance, especially given that one can enable deletion prompt in Hub settings which serves an almost identical purpose...
    ikalinin likes this.
    09-06-17 10:22 AM
    BlackBerry hub was the reason Samsung stopped their hub Samsung could not get it right but BlackBerry did
    09-06-17 10:29 AM
    I'm using HUB+ suite on my Google Pixel as well as on the KeyOne, the later is my daily business driver.
    i got a KeyOne Black Edition from India and my feeling is that the device overall is snappier... probably because of the additional RAM.
    Avenzuno likes this.
    09-06-17 10:43 AM
    Was thinking of using the same app combination. Did it help overall performance on the keyone? I think a lot of people are not considering the fact that univeral notifications and the hub app are very new.

People were just as productive on the bold 9900 which never had the hub it had everything separate like most android phones.
    I think you might be right for people with a normal setup with normal work and personal accounts. But I have to say that BB10's Hub was a huge improvement over BBOS for me.

I am an outsourced executive for a number of companies, and I have anywhere from 3-7 work accounts on completely different domains. My ability to easily segregate each of them (email, calendar, contacts, tasks, etc.), while monitoring incoming for everything in one place is the absolute most important requirement for a phone.

The Hub in BB10 does that better than any application I've used on any platform. I'll find out soon if the Hub+ Suite on Android will meet my needs or not.

But, I will add that, if the Hub+ Suite isn't efficient, there's no reason for me to use Android at all. If you have a unified solution that's better, please feel free to recommend it, so long as it can segregate all the info types I mentioned.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    09-06-17 12:02 PM
    Actually, didn't those devices have a unified INBOX? I believe all of my emails arrived in one box and I rarely if ever looked at the individual email account? Or am I wrong was that introduced with BB10 - it's been a while.
    Yes they did I mean unified as in also having text and calls and bbm and whatsapp etc.
    09-06-17 06:51 PM
    I have Hub+ services installed on the KEYone. I do not use any of the Bla ckberry apps except PW Keeper and the keyboard. If I turn off the permissions for all (Cal, contacts, location, phone, SMS, and storage), will the phone be functional as is? I've had it on since getting the KEYone and not sure if it will impact my day to day use if I shut permissions off. I was not able to find any info through search. Would anyone know off hand?
    09-11-17 10:28 PM
    I noticed an increase in battery life since I disabled the Hub (but not Hub+ services) so now there is nothing named "Hub" that appears in my battery stats. I use Outlook app for e-mail. So that and using CM Browser instead of Chrome helped with battery.
    09-12-17 03:23 AM
46 12