Wondering if anyone has disabled Hub app and Hub services and replaced them with google calender and gmal app.

If anyone has done this or something similar do you prefer it over the Hub?

Only considering this since right now im mainly using the Hub just for emails
    09-05-17 12:18 AM
    No. The hub is my most used app. I absolutely hate the gmail app. For me, the hub is perfect for me to be organized and save time.
    FF22 and Greened like this.
    09-05-17 01:52 AM
    Nothing comes close to Hub IMO.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-05-17 01:55 AM
    disabled all blackberry service related stuff.

useless
    09-05-17 02:00 AM
    No. The hub is my most used app. I absolutely hate the gmail app. For me, the hub is perfect for me to be organized and save time.
    Same here, I was actually using bb hub on samsung s7 and s8, before my k1
    FF22 and Neville A Daniels like this.
    09-05-17 02:04 AM
    Same here, I was actually using bb hub on samsung s7 and s8, before my k1
    Me too!
    09-05-17 02:06 AM
    Every other 3rd party app.. including Google Apps.. I've disabled cos u just can't beat the hub. I mean.. I Gmail u can't even multiselect emails without doing it one by one.. u can't Mark messages read from the lockscreen.. just delete or archive etc..

BlackBerry apps are the best for communication hands down.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-05-17 08:17 AM
    Hub blows Gmail out of the water. disabled Gmail the minute I fired up the phone and can't do without the Hub now. BlackBerry also keeps improving it which is also a bonus.
    09-05-17 08:42 AM
    I can't use my 🔑one without Hub it's one of reasons why I got it with continuous support and improving by BlackBerry
    skinnymike1 and Greened like this.
    09-05-17 09:45 AM
    disabled all blackberry service related stuff.

useless
    To you lol
    Greened likes this.
    09-05-17 09:53 AM
    What does it mean when you download the Hub+ Services, you have to pay monthly? After 30days?
    09-05-17 02:54 PM
    What does it mean when you download the Hub+ Services, you have to pay monthly? After 30days?
    If you download it on another Android phone that is not blackberry yes
    Brai7 likes this.
    09-05-17 04:13 PM
    I see that mr mobile and and Kevin have both disabled the hub. wondering if there is performance gains
    09-05-17 05:00 PM
    Nothing comes close to Hub IMO.
    Agreed, I tried Gmail and the stock calendar for a couple of days and the Hub and services come with so many features it can't be compared to the stock app. I use the Hub to sort through a work email account and 3 personal accounts and can't live without it. I use the calendar to only sync with my work calendar.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-05-17 05:09 PM
    Delete the hub? Why would i do a crazy thing like that.

The next thing will be to disable the physical keyboard and use the virtual one.
    Bucwolfser and skinnymike1 like this.
    09-05-17 05:25 PM
    Delete the hub? Why would i do a crazy thing like that.

The next thing will be to disable the physical keyboard and use the virtual one.
    This! LOL
    Greened likes this.
    09-05-17 05:28 PM
    Had to disable the hub due to lag issues. Worked well on the DTEK60. For KEYone I have Inbox and it's working well. The last Blackberry services I have is Password Keeper and the Keyboard. The speed of updates on Blackberry apps is getting to me. I find other services to be faster and meet more of my needs. Email: Inbox. Contacts/Calendar/Notes: Google. Tasks: Disabled. Maybe I'll check them out again as they keep working on improvements.
    09-05-17 05:31 PM
    Had to disable the hub due to lag issues. Worked well on the DTEK60. For KEYone I have Inbox and it's working well. The last Blackberry services I have is Password Keeper and the Keyboard. The speed of updates on Blackberry apps is getting to me. I find other services to be faster and meet more of my needs. Email: Inbox. Contacts/Calendar/Notes: Google. Tasks: Disabled. Maybe I'll check them out again as they keep working on improvements.
    Was thinking of using the same app combination. Did it help overall performance on the keyone? I think a lot of people are not considering the fact that univeral notifications and the hub app are very new.

People were just as productive on the bold 9900 which never had the hub it had everything separate like most android phones.
    09-05-17 05:47 PM
    BB Hub is great for emails, but rubbish for all other apps as it simply launches the native app and you end up with lots of apps open with a poor navigation between them.

The BB contacts and Calendar appas are fine, but not really any better than the Google options.

On balance I use the HUB apps on the KEYone, but I wouldn't pay for them on any other device - not worth the extra.
    phuoc likes this.
    09-05-17 05:47 PM
    BB Hub is great for emails, but rubbish for all other apps as it simply launches the native app and you end up with lots of apps open with a poor navigation between them.

The BB contacts and Calendar appas are fine, but not really any better than the Google options.

On balance I use the HUB apps on the KEYone, but I wouldn't pay for them on any other device - not worth the extra.
    Yes I pretty much only use it for email now. The only 3 things I have displaying in it is emails, texts and calls but I very rarely use it for texts or calls just emails.
    phuoc likes this.
    09-05-17 05:55 PM
    Was thinking of using the same app combination. Did it help overall performance on the keyone? I think a lot of people are not considering the fact that univeral notifications and the hub app are very new.

People were just as productive on the bold 9900 which never had the hub it had everything separate like most android phones.
    Performance is better (for me) without the hub. Everything else runs normal. Google has better universal sync for (inbox/cal/contacts/notes). Also just preparing for future as I think Google can anticipate the needs of clients faster than Blackberry. Not knocking Blackberry @ all, as I've been rolling with them since the Bold9000. They're just generally two steps behind. If I find a suitable replacement for PW Keeper (I've tried trial versions of Lastpass, etc), I might remove Blackberry services entirely.
    09-05-17 07:11 PM
    Works for me. Performance is better (for me) without the hub. Everything else runs normal. Google has better universal sync for (inbox/cal/contacts/notes). Also just preparing for future as I think Google can anticipate the needs of clients faster than Blackberry. Not knocking Blackberry @ all, as I've been rolling with them since the Bold9000. They're just generally two steps behind. If I find a suitable replacement for PW Keeper (I've tried trial versions of Lastpass, etc), I might remove Blackberry services entirely.
    Did you notice any improvements in speed or battery consumption etc with the move?
    09-05-17 07:12 PM
    Did you notice any improvements in speed or battery consumption etc with the move?
    Speed yes, and I'm guessing batter consumption improved. Although I removed hub within the first week of the KEYone so I can't say for sure. As of now, I get great battery life. I'd say off charger @ 6:45a and by 5pm, I still have about 70% left. General use, chatting most of the day, social, YouTube, maybe some games.
    09-05-17 07:14 PM
    If you download it on another Android phone that is not blackberry yes
    That's awesome!
    09-05-17 07:21 PM
    Speed yes, and I'm guessing batter consumption improved. Although I removed hub within the first week of the KEYone so I can't say for sure. As of now, I get great battery life. I'd say off charger @ 6:45a and by 5pm, I still have about 70% left. General use, chatting most of the day, social, YouTube, maybe some games.
    Yes no complain about either speed or battery life from me I usually have 50% left when I go to bed. And speed is good too just wonder if it will be even faster if I disable hub and enable the gmail app
    09-05-17 07:25 PM
46 12