Since the last update from WhatsApp, about two days ago, neither the pop-up widget nor the regular one available in the launcher is working.

Anyone else affected?
    05-02-20 12:15 PM
    Since the last update from WhatsApp, about two days ago, neither the pop-up widget nor the regular one available in the launcher is working.

Anyone else affected?
    WhatsApp is working fine, however the one for WhatsApp Business seems to have disappeared for me.
    05-02-20 01:07 PM
    I accidentily deleted the WhatsApp icon from my homescreen and then added it again. Once I did, the pop-up widget on the new icon no longer worked.

In fact, if I try to add the regular widget on my homescreen it simply crashes.
    05-03-20 02:05 PM
    I accidentily deleted the WhatsApp icon from my homescreen and then added it again. Once I did, the pop-up widget on the new icon no longer worked.

In fact, if I try to add the regular widget on my homescreen it simply crashes.
    Yes, I can reflect this on my device - with both WhatsApp and WhatsApp Business.
    Best to report it within the app
    05-03-20 03:40 PM
    Yes, I can reflect this on my device - with both WhatsApp and WhatsApp Business.
    Best to report it within the app
    Thanks for your update, at least it's not an isolated issue with my KEYone.

I'll try to report it with WhatsApp.

Cheers!
    05-03-20 05:51 PM
    I have reported the issue with WhatsApp and got two different answers (I accidentally filled my first form with my corporate work account).

On one side, I was told something along the lines of: "we don't currently offer such feature". And on the other: "we're working to fix this issue on a future update".

So WhatsApp support was of no help. I hope the second answer is the true one...
    05-13-20 09:10 PM
    I have reported the issue with WhatsApp and got two different answers (I accidentally filled my first form with my corporate work account).

On one side, I was told something along the lines of: "we don't currently offer such feature". And on the other: "we're working to fix this issue on a future update".

So WhatsApp support was of no help. I hope the second answer is the true one...
    I've also emailed them, waiting on an answer.
    The app has received two updates since we identified the issue and hasn't been addressed. Hopefully next time...
    05-13-20 09:22 PM
    I've also emailed them, waiting on an answer.
    The app has received two updates since we identified the issue and hasn't been addressed. Hopefully next time...
    05-14-20 12:05 AM
    I have the same problem.

Try this. On your whatsapp settings go to Privacy > Fingerprint Lock > Enable it > then try adding the widget again. It should be working again. Once added, you can disable the fingerprint lock.
    05-14-20 12:06 AM
    I have the same problem.

Try this. On your whatsapp settings go to Privacy > Fingerprint Lock > Enable it > then try adding the widget again. It should be working again. Once added, you can disable the fingerprint lock.
    Weird, but yes it does work. Thanks.
    05-14-20 06:04 AM
    Weird, but yes it does work. Thanks.
    Ya seriously. How weird is that?
    05-14-20 08:29 AM
    I have the same problem.

Wow, thanks so much, that did the trick!

Now my only issue with the pop-up widget is that it still diplays quite small since some months ago (see attached picture).

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times with no success. Any clue what could be causing it?
    Attached Thumbnails Has anyone else lost the WhatsApp pop-up widget?-74578.jpg  
    05-20-20 01:38 AM
    Ya seriously. How weird is that?
    I know, right!
    @conite, since you're one of the tech savvy users around, do you recommend keeping the fingerprint lock enabled or disabled in WhatsApp?

Likewise, would you happen to have any insight on the issue I mentioned in my previous post, regarding the small pop-up widget?

Cheers!
    05-20-20 01:41 AM
    I know, right!
    @conite, since you're one of the tech savvy users around, do you recommend keeping the fingerprint lock enabled or disabled in WhatsApp?

Likewise, would you happen to have any insight on the issue I mentioned in my previous post, regarding the small pop-up widget?

Cheers!
    I don't leave my phone unattended without a device password, so I don't bother with an app fingerprint.

As per your widget size, mine is quite large, so I'm not sure what's going on there. There really is no user adjustment for it. Have you changed your display zoom or dpi settings?
    05-20-20 06:59 AM
    The whatsapp widget can be easily resized.

Just press and hold the widget and you can drag the sides to resize it.
    05-20-20 08:59 PM
    The whatsapp widget can be easily resized.

Just press and hold the widget and you can drag the sides to resize it.
    Hi, the pop-up widget is the one with the size issue. As conite notes, there is no option to resize.

 Passport (10.3.3.3216) /  KEYᵒⁿᵉ "Black Edition" (8.1.0)
    05-22-20 02:22 AM
    I don't leave my phone unattended without a device password, so I don't bother with an app fingerprint.

As per your widget size, mine is quite large, so I'm not sure what's going on there. There really is no user adjustment for it. Have you changed your display zoom or dpi settings?[IMG=540x810]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200520/b5e7b20d383048d683369d2efcfcc9dc.jpg[/url]
    I don't recall changing any display adjustments. Curiously, it's the only app with this issue.

Checking back on my old posts, I've had the issue since almost a year ago: http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1172859

I'm thinking that the only solution is a clean wipe and OS reload. My battery is not lasting as much as it used to (currently averaging a little over 4 hours SOT), so it seems my KEYᵒⁿᵉ is due for a fresh start, maybe that will fix the widget issue too.

 Passport (10.3.3.3216) /  KEYᵒⁿᵉ "Black Edition" (8.1.0)
    05-22-20 02:31 AM