What I am basically describing is a "Today Screen", something that many of us ex-Symbian and ex-WM users loved. I remember using SPB Shell to get it back then, but Android took it to a new level.

Here is what everyone of my Android looks like, both the News and Calender are scrollable widgets meaning they give me all the info without me opening the app I just scroll on them and know what's going on, and click on the item I want if I need to dig deeper, I know it's not for everyone, I just love having a Today Screen I guess, lol:
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...0e7ec91c88.jpg:
    Thanks for sharing. I can see how that would be useful. But weighing the pros/cons... I just prefer a clean home screen with as little as possible. Women often find it mysterious. Just kidding. But in all seriousness, I can see why people would find it useful. Thanks!
    06-30-17 01:37 PM
    I use an app called Circle Launcher, that's the icon for it in the middle bottom, you can add as many apps as you want to it, makes for a nice clean desktop
    Attached Thumbnails Has anyone else gone Minimalist yet?-screenshot_20170630-144421.jpg   Has anyone else gone Minimalist yet?-screenshot_20170630-144603.jpg  
    06-30-17 01:46 PM
    Thanks for sharing. I can see how that would be useful. But weighing the pros/cons... I just prefer a clean home screen with as little as possible. Women often find it mysterious. Just kidding. But in all seriousness, I can see why people would find it useful. Thanks!
    Lol! It's one of those things that makes us all interesting I guess.

I have tried so many times to go Minimalist and it actually ends up Driving me so insane, I start opening all apps to see if I missed anything, and then I get distracted and stuck in the apps instead of carrying on e.g. with work, haha! Yet with the above setup, I scroll and get a healthy dose of what is happening in the world (and my country) and then I peak at what I need to get done and then my phone is back in my pocket playing music as I work.
    06-30-17 01:52 PM
    I did the same with my old passport to play on the peoples perception that I had no apps, and then launched them from the keyboard :-) haven't done it with my priv though as that would require a slide which adds precious milliseconds.
    06-30-17 02:20 PM
    Went completely minimal from day one. Love it.
    When I first started up the KEYone, this was the wallpaper... then after putting in the T-Mobile SIM, it disappeared and not even listed as an option.
    06-30-17 02:50 PM
    pinkvikchick
    what clock and weather widget are u using?
    06-30-17 04:11 PM
    Yes the earth rotates as well..

Has anyone else gone Minimalist yet?-screenshot_20170630-162047.jpg
    Last edited by yamahammer; 06-30-17 at 04:33 PM.
    06-30-17 04:23 PM
    How come so many of you are claiming to have no icons, yet I see page dots?? Hm??? lol :-D Caught red-handed!!

Has anyone else gone Minimalist yet?-screenshot_20170607-152826.jpg

Like OP, no page dots! No icons! I just put those two there because I thought the app drawer icon looked weird by itself... But everything is done by shortcuts like OP. :-)
    ce71 likes this.
    06-30-17 09:28 PM
    How come so many of you are claiming to have no icons, yet I see page dots?? Hm??? lol :-D Caught red-handed!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20170607-152826.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	79.2 KB 
ID:	426260

Like OP, no page dots! No icons! I just put those two there because I thought the app drawer icon looked weird by itself... But everything is done by shortcuts like OP. :-)
    I will say. My wallpaper looks so lame compared to so many others here. There's a lot of kick-*** wallpapers happening. Guess I'll need to change that.
    06-30-17 09:33 PM
    I am also a minimalist, but in a different vain, I am minimal in number of clicks/time to accomplish a task.

So I dislike the blank homescreen because digging through the app drawer takes time. I like putting essentials on the home screen for instant access, just like on BB10. I really dislike the concept of an app drawer and wish it could be disabled in BlackBerry launcher. I do also utilize long press keyboard shortcuts for contacts and "shortcut" actions e.g. create a new task.

Overall BlackBerry has done a good job with Android in my opinion - although the user experience is not quite as polished as BB10.
    Attached Thumbnails Has anyone else gone Minimalist yet?-10478.jpg  
    06-30-17 09:48 PM
    I will also add that removing 2nd and 3rd apps from the tray greatly helps with reducing clumsiness of hitting the capacitive buttons vs accidentally opening apps (I would always hit 3rd app instead of recents button)
    06-30-17 09:52 PM
    I will say. My wallpaper looks so lame compared to so many others here. There's a lot of kick-*** wallpapers happening. Guess I'll need to change that.
    Nah man, you're showing BB pride! lol. I have a recommendation though, double pressing the power button brings up the camera. You don't even need the keyboard shortcut for it if you have something else you'd want to put there. I just have the icon there for looks like I've mentioned, lol.
    06-30-17 09:58 PM
    Nah man, you're showing BB pride! lol. I have a recommendation though, double pressing the power button brings up the camera. You don't even need the keyboard shortcut for it if you have something else you'd want to put there. I just have the icon there for looks like I've mentioned, lol.
    Done! Thanks!
    07-01-17 05:16 AM
    I am also a minimalist, but in a different vain, I am minimal in number of clicks/time to accomplish a task.

So I dislike the blank homescreen because digging through the app drawer takes time. I like putting essentials on the home screen for instant access, just like on BB10. I really dislike the concept of an app drawer and wish it could be disabled in BlackBerry launcher. I do also utilize long press keyboard shortcuts for contacts and "shortcut" actions e.g. create a new task.

Overall BlackBerry has done a good job with Android in my opinion - although the user experience is not quite as polished as BB10.
    I see you have the BB10 icons installed.

I really like them but found they hurt my eyes. I think they must be low def.
    07-01-17 01:52 PM
    Yes the earth rotates as well..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20170630-162047.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	83.1 KB 
ID:	426243
    Does it really though ?..
    07-01-17 02:04 PM
    Does it really though ?..
    Well if the earth didn't rotate we'd all float off into space wouldn't we?

Earth Live Wallpaper from the Playstore if you're asking...
    07-01-17 03:15 PM
    I have the home screen of my dreams - no icons, no folders with icons, no pages to swipe left/right through. Just a minimal look with super quick access to everything I use on a daily basis.

I can load a barrage of apps within a second. Most of my heavy use apps are keyboard shortcuts and the lesser-used apps I'll launch from my app drawer.

Some of my favorite shortcuts:
    camera: short-press c
    bbm: short-press b
    Google maps: short-press m
    phone: short-press p
    browser: short-press i (i for Internet)
    settings: short-press s
    Amazon: long-press a
    calendar: long-press D (d for date)
    ... and a few more...

This is just awesome.

Attachment 426185
    You mean like on my T Rex Passport
    Attached Thumbnails Has anyone else gone Minimalist yet?-img_20170701_161225.jpg  
    07-01-17 03:17 PM
    Well if the earth didn't rotate we'd all float off into space wouldn't we?

Earth Live Wallpaper from the Playstore if you're asking...

Assuming space is how it's been explained.

No I was asking does the Earth really rotates.
    07-01-17 03:18 PM
    I wish the Android capacitive buttons were really a physical "tool belt" like on the Classic, so I wouldn't be activating them accidentally.
    07-01-17 04:53 PM
    I've reduced my home screen icons significantly. Loving it so far!
    ce71 likes this.
    07-01-17 05:18 PM
    My minimalist take...no mobile phone of any kind..i might find a rotary phone for the kitchen wall.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-17 10:05 AM
    I have the home screen of my dreams - no icons, no folders with icons, no pages to swipe left/right through. Just a minimal look with super quick access to everything I use on a daily basis.

I can load a barrage of apps within a second. Most of my heavy use apps are keyboard shortcuts and the lesser-used apps I'll launch from my app drawer.

Some of my favorite shortcuts:
    camera: short-press c
    bbm: short-press b
    Google maps: short-press m
    phone: short-press p
    browser: short-press i (i for Internet)
    settings: short-press s
    Amazon: long-press a
    calendar: long-press D (d for date)
    ... and a few more...

This is just awesome.

Attachment 426185
    With the ability for shortcuts I got rid of all the home screen icons. My convenience keys it sets to Textra and the power button is already set for the camera. I don't use a ton of apps so I don't them clutter on my screen. This is perfect for me. I change my wallpaper from time to time but this black one always works for me.
    Attached Thumbnails Has anyone else gone Minimalist yet?-10001.jpg  
    itsFirhan likes this.
    07-02-17 12:47 PM
    I love minimalist! Like a breath of fresh air that only the KEYone can provide.
    Love this wallpaper! Mind sharing?
    07-02-17 01:10 PM
    Love this wallpaper! Mind sharing?
    I have to admit I've gone back to the elegant black stock wallpaper, but I switch up wallpapers and widgets all the time. Here is the "breath of fresh air" wallpaper you liked. Happy to share it. Enjoy!
    Attached Thumbnails Has anyone else gone Minimalist yet?-73.jpg  
    m69c44 likes this.
    07-03-17 09:32 PM
    And my current "black tie" home screen.
    Attached Thumbnails Has anyone else gone Minimalist yet?-562.jpg  
    07-03-17 09:34 PM
75 123