If you're even the slightest bit privacy conscious, be prepared for a huge learning curve with android. Also, don't do anything requiring privacy with this phone until you've secured it yourself. Manually and with apps.

I've gotten about 1 telemarketer phone call per day, sometimes 3, since purchasing the phone even though I'm on the do not call list and I'm current.

Cross check your privacy settings with your computer.

This OS will never be bb10 and the phone is medium spec. Which is a step down from true bb quality. You will be getting an inferior product, but you can get used to it.
    07-07-17 10:52 PM
    Just no.

You're just grumpy because you're learning a new OS. Give it time.

Nor did your phone number get swiped.
    07-07-17 10:55 PM
    I wanna join the grumpy club?

Posted via CB10
    07-07-17 11:08 PM
    I wanna join the grumpy club?

Posted via CB10
    You're one of the founders, no?
    The_Passporter likes this.
    07-07-17 11:17 PM
    Have to say I hated this phone for around three days. Nearly got rid and stuck with my iPhone. I then tidied things up and fell in love with it.
    07-08-17 03:29 AM
    Have to say I hated this phone for around three days. Nearly got rid and stuck with my iPhone. I then tidied things up and fell in love with it.
    I think that is a pretty common reaction to a new OS on a new Phone

I remember getting my first Android phone Samsung Galaxy S4 and wanting to smash it against the wall forgoing my $300 with the satisfaction of seeing it crumble into hundreds of pieces.
    But on the same note I think that is a pretty common reaction to Samsung phones lol
    Last edited by The_Passporter; 07-08-17 at 07:02 AM.
    07-08-17 06:51 AM
    If you're even the slightest bit privacy conscious, be prepared for a huge learning curve with android. Also, don't do anything requiring privacy with this phone until you've secured it yourself. Manually and with apps.

I've gotten about 1 telemarketer phone call per day, sometimes 3, since purchasing the phone even though I'm on the do not call list and I'm current.

This OS will never be bb10 and the phone is medium spec. Which is a step down from true bb quality. You will be getting an inferior product, but you can get used to it.
    Telemarketer calls have nothing to do with android or the KEYᵒⁿᵉ. They have everything to do with spammers who don't care about the Do Not Call list.
    07-08-17 07:02 AM
    Telemarketer calls have nothing to do with android or the KEYᵒⁿᵉ. They have everything to do with spammers who don't care about the Do Not Call list.
    True but it may have to do with the type of apps being downloaded or used.
    07-08-17 07:05 AM
    I dont know about telemarketers. Thats odd. But it does have good amount of spam or just annoying adverts.
    07-08-17 09:28 AM

Your telemarketer calls have nothing to do with the physical phone itself, nor do they have anything to do with being on the "Do Not Call" list.

There are nefarious "telemarketers" in places like Pakistan these days...using software to call numbers in a brute force fashion... and once you answer... you're immediately connected to someone on the other end trying to take your money. Their software will just start crushing number after number.... 555-555-5555, 555-555-5556, then 5557, then 5558, etc.

We also only have one side of the story - yours. Who really knows what you've been doing with your number since you've purchased the KEYone. However, to blame it on the K1 demonstrates a lack of understanding on your end, so that's a good place to start in terms of speculation.
    Roadie29 likes this.
    07-08-17 09:34 AM

Id you are concerned about privacy, just don't use anything with Android (except blackphones) nor iOS. They are just ads platforms created to better use of our personal data by Google and Apple.
    07-08-17 10:16 AM