As a Google Voice user who uses Hangouts for GV SMS, I was happy to see Hangouts integration added to the Hub. However, there are issues. They are almost identical to the issues that existed when BB initially added WhatsApp to the Hub, and most were eventually resolved. So far, I have seen the follow issues:

1.) Once inside a conversation (coming from Hub), it requires three back pushes to get back the Hub. The first one removes the (non-existent) on-screen keyboard. The second one goes back to the main Hangouts page. The third one returns to Hub (sometimes, see below).

2.) Going back to Hub only works about 30% of the time. The remaining 70% of the time, the final (third) back key push (see above) returns to home screen.

3.) When multiple messages come in to the Hub in various conversations, I get additional notifications that read like this: "Two new messages received" or "Four new messages received". I know that I have new messages. I don't need another notification in the Hub for this.

4.) The Hub often "forgets" which conversation a singular Hub notification is "pointing" to. Let's say for instance I have a conversation with Bob in Hangouts in the Hub. For several hours, clicking on this conversation in the Hub will take me to my chat with Bob. All good. After several hours or a restart, clicking on this only takes me to the Hangouts main page. The Hub has "forgotten" what conversation to point to. This is still a problem in WhatsApp but the memory is longer.

5.) Separate conversations are created in Hub from the same person if that person sends a picture. This seems to only apply to actual Hangouts chats, not GV SMS. If I am having a conversation with Bob, it will show as "Bob" in the Hub. Except when Bob sends a picture, it will come into the Hub as a new conversation including his last name. So now I have two conversations with Bob showing in the Hub: one with "Bob" and one with "Bob Smith". They point to the same conversation obviously.

6.) Sent messages not shown in Hub. Not sure this is fixable.

Does anyone else use Hangouts/GV in Hub. Does anyone have any solutions to this. Do you think BB will improve this like they have with WhatsApp?

Most importantly: What is the best way to get this feedback to BB, now that BB forums are dead?

Thanks!
    B.
    Last edited by Brulging_Jersey; 06-13-17 at 09:44 AM.
    06-13-17 08:58 AM
    7.) When replying to a message, the original sent message often gets "reloaded" in the Hub, moving the conversation to the top again. This would be great if my sent message showed, but it doesn't. And I have to mark the same message "read" again.
    06-13-17 09:11 AM
    8.) Hangouts does not stay "in memory" for very long, even when there is >500mb of free RAM. 90% of the time when I open the Hangouts app, it quickly "re-logs in", as if the app had been shut down.
    06-13-17 09:34 AM
    7.) When replying to a message, the original sent message often gets "reloaded" in the Hub, moving the conversation to the top again. This would be great if my sent message showed, but it doesn't. And I have to mark the same message "read" again.
    Wow! I had no idea. Sorry, I don't have anything to contribute to resolving those issues.
    I have never used hangouts. Just wondering, doesn't GV do everything now?
    06-13-17 09:55 AM
    Wow! I had no idea. Sorry, I don't have anything to contribute to resolving those issues.
    I have never used hangouts. Just wondering, doesn't GV do everything now?
    The GV app (1) Doesn't integrate to Hub at all and (2) doesn't cover actual Hangouts messages. With Hangouts, I get Hangouts messages and GV SMS in one app.
    06-13-17 02:23 PM
    The GV app (1) Doesn't integrate to Hub at all and (2) doesn't cover actual Hangouts messages. With Hangouts, I get Hangouts messages and GV SMS in one app.
    Ahh! OK.

What about those other Google services? Could they do something similar?

Google Duo?
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....tachyon&hl=en
    (may only be video?)

Or was it Android Messages?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...essaging&hl=en

Of course, I do not know if they would be seen in the HUB or interface with actual Hangouts message. We need One Google 4 All ;-)
    06-13-17 02:36 PM
    Google hangouts was horrible on BB10 and is horrible on Android. Frankly, I don't think google is investing anything in it, and I suspect it is an issue with Hangouts, not the Hub. My guess based on the overall quality of the mobile app.
    06-13-17 07:43 PM
    But it is better on Android compared to BB10, but that's not saying much.
    06-13-17 07:44 PM
    What is the best way to get this feedback to BB, now that BB forums are dead?
    Threads like this are the best way to get feedback out there! The BB forums direct users here to CB so you're in the right place.

Now, while we -BlackBerry Mobile- do not develop the BlackBerry Ltd software utilized within the BlackBerry Hub we do think this feedback is important from a user experience perspective. In time, as BlackBerry develops the Android suite, advancing the integration of 3rd party accounts within Hub is a meaningful growth opportunity. Just passing by to let you know there are eyes on this.

Cheers!
    06-29-17 11:17 AM
    Threads like this are the best way to get feedback out there! The BB forums direct users here to CB so you're in the right place.

Now, while we -BlackBerry Mobile- do not develop the BlackBerry Ltd software utilized within the BlackBerry Hub we do think this feedback is important from a user experience perspective. In time, as BlackBerry develops the Android suite, advancing the integration of 3rd party accounts within Hub is a meaningful growth opportunity. Just passing by to let you know there are eyes on this.

Cheers!
    OK
    06-29-17 02:16 PM

Cheers!
    So I guess my follow up question is this:

Since CB is the official avenue for support now, and you're basically denying responsibility for this since you're BB Mobile not BB, my question still stands:

What is the best was to get my feedback to BB and solicit relief?
    06-30-17 05:24 AM
    So I guess my follow up question is this:

Since CB is the official avenue for support now, and you're basically denying responsibility for this since you're BB Mobile not BB, my question still stands:

What is the best was to get my feedback to BB and solicit relief?
    Consider leaving a constructive review on Google Play for BlackBerry Hub as another way to offer feedback outside this detailed thread.
    06-30-17 07:25 AM