Which comes first and which has PKB?

Posted via CB10
    04-16-16 09:16 PM
    Rome has the Keyboard and it's coming out first.

Posted via the CrackBerry App on my BlackBerry Priv �
    04-16-16 09:25 PM
    I'm buying both and adding them to the BlackBerry Priv and the 14 other BlackBerrys I have

Attached Thumbnails Hamburg or Rome?-40009.jpg  
    04-16-16 09:26 PM
    I'm buying both and adding them to the BlackBerry Priv and the 14 other BlackBerrys I have

That's the spirit, I like it!
    04-16-16 09:34 PM
    �\_(ツ)_/�

Keep in mind, all we have on these phones are an oblique (and loaded with ifs) mention from Chen and those fuzzy renders above, that's it.
    JeepBB and Dunt Dunt Dunt like this.
    04-17-16 03:32 AM
    �\_(ツ)_/�

Keep in mind, all we have on these phones are an oblique (and loaded with ifs) mention from Chen and those fuzzy renders above, that's it.
    I've always been curious about the fact that while the paparazzi can photograph clearly the pimples on the cheeks of a supermodel 1km away ... no leakers seem capable of clearly photographing a static phone positioned 1m in front of them.
    04-17-16 05:20 AM
    I've always been curious about the fact that while the paparazzi can photograph clearly the pimples on the cheeks of a supermodel 1km away ... no leakers seem capable of clearly photographing a static phone positioned 1m in front of them.
    Chen spoke about leaks early in his tenture as CEO, that we would get this under control and pretty much put a plug to stop the leaks. He's taken care of that pretty much. I'm sure they enforced harsher repercussions if visuals of unreleased product got out.
    04-17-16 05:33 AM
    Chen spoke about leaks early in his tenture as CEO, that we would get this under control and pretty much put a plug to stop the leaks. He's taken care of that pretty much. I'm sure they enforced harsher repercussions if visuals of unreleased product got out.
    It was OS Leaks that Chen stopped as I recall. The forums were full of BB10-leaks back in the day, some of which worked better than others and made BB look unprofessional when bugs were reported in unreleased software.

Back to these photos: If I was someone who had the time to setup and pose those phones, as they clearly did, I think I'd check that the photo I'd taken wasn't blurry, out of focus and lacking all detail. If it was a bad photo, I'd take another one. But that's me.
    04-17-16 06:29 AM
    �\_(ツ)_/�

I thought Chen said the devices were confirmed for this year.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-16 08:02 AM
    I thought Chen said the devices were confirmed for this year.
    From the National (the interview which has prompted all this speculation):

The company’s chief executive, John Chen, told The National that BlackBerry plans to launch two mid-range Android handsets this year, one with a physical keyboard and one with a full touchscreen. He declined to say when the new devices would go on sale.

BlackBerry last week announced it had sold just 600,000 handsets during the three months to the end of March, well below analyst forecasts of 850,000. Mr Chen declined to say how many Privs had been sold during the period.

Mr Chen admitted that the Priv “was too high-end a product", with its target market of enterprise customers put off by the handset’s US$700 price tag.

“The fact that we came out with a high end phone [as our first Android device] was probably not as wise as it should have been," Mr Chen said during a visit to Abu Dhabi.

“A lot of enterprise customers have said to us, ‘I want to buy your phone but $700 is a little too steep for me. I’m more interested in a $400 device’."

The highlighting is mine.

Nothing is confirmed.

Currently these are merely "plans", which can and will change if Chen thinks he can't make hardware profitable. The Priv is not a success. It is debatable if further BB phones will do any better.

Enterprise users apparently want something cheaper (who knew?) - around a $400 price level. Chen specifically did not say he would satisfy those price aspirations.

Chen has not committed to releasing either of these phones, and (even if they come) has not committed to them being around $400.

TL, DR; It's smoke and mirrors.
    04-17-16 08:36 AM
    From the National (the interview which has prompted all this speculation):

The company�s chief executive, John Chen, told The National that BlackBerry plans to launch two mid-range Android handsets this year, one with a physical keyboard and one with a full touchscreen. He declined to say when the new devices would go on sale.

BlackBerry last week announced it had sold just 600,000 handsets during the three months to the end of March, well below analyst forecasts of 850,000. Mr Chen declined to say how many Privs had been sold during the period.

Mr Chen admitted that the Priv �was too high-end a product", with its target market of enterprise customers put off by the handset�s US$700 price tag.

�The fact that we came out with a high end phone [as our first Android device] was probably not as wise as it should have been," Mr Chen said during a visit to Abu Dhabi.

�A lot of enterprise customers have said to us, �I want to buy your phone but $700 is a little too steep for me. I�m more interested in a $400 device�."

The highlighting is mine.

Nothing is confirmed.

Currently these are merely "plans", which can and will change if Chen thinks he can't make hardware profitable. The Priv is not a success. It is debatable if further BB phones will do any better.

Enterprise users apparently want something cheaper (who knew?) - around a $400 price level. Chen specifically did not say he would satisfy those price aspirations.

Chen has not committed to releasing either of these phones, and (even if they come) has not committed to them being around $400.

TL, DR; It's smoke and mirrors.
    That's disappointing, so basically I shouldn't get my hopes up?

Posted via CB10
    04-17-16 09:19 AM
    It is confirmed!! They're both are coming out this year, look on Chens twitter!!

04-17-16 10:25 AM
    It is confirmed!! They're both are coming out this year, look on Chens twitter!!

Where ? I didn't see it
    04-17-16 10:32 AM
    Let me find it and I'll post , it's on CrackBerry also. And it says it in the post I posted above ^ a few days ago.

04-17-16 11:43 AM

Posted via the CrackBerry App on my BlackBerry Priv ™
    Nothing on his Twitter...
    04-17-16 12:15 PM
    Let me find it and I'll post , it's on CrackBerry also. And it says it in the post I posted above ^ a few days ago.

I don't see it either.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-16 12:20 PM
    It was on Twitter a week ago, either it's been removed or your not going back far enough. I'll look for it soon.

04-17-16 12:50 PM
    The one on the right with keyboard looks like the priv open, maybe a smaller version slider.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-17-16 12:52 PM
    What Chen said here is the same thing that was posted on Twitter. I looked on his Twitter and I'm not seeing it now myself.

Attached Thumbnails Hamburg or Rome?-40106.jpg  
    04-17-16 12:52 PM
    What Chen said here is the same thing that was posted on Twitter. I looked on his Twitter and I'm not seeing it now myself.

Maybe he changed his mind.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-16 02:17 PM

Posted via the CrackBerry App on my BlackBerry Priv ™
    The Priv coming to Sprint was confirmed on his Twitter too at one point. Look how that turned out lol.

tl;dr: Chen has confirmed and pulled back on so many things now, his confirmations mean next to nothing.
    04-17-16 03:24 PM
    I'm dying to see how much these "midrange" phones are going to go for a leap that came out ages ago is still 200 bucks who in their right mind would buy a leap for all that money.
    04-17-16 03:59 PM
    I'm dying to see how much these "midrange" phones are going to go for a leap that came out ages ago is still 200 bucks who in their right mind would buy a leap for all that money.
    I laughed when the Leap came out at $275. For weeks before, posters here had been predicting this entry-level phone would be well under $200. Knowing that BB can't price anything competitively, and with the overpriced Z3 as a guide, I knew it wouldn't.

So, it still hasn't dropped below $200 huh?

LOL

And folk wonder why BB10 phones are on death-row.

If we ever see these mid-range phones, which I doubt, I'd guess at them being around the $550 mark.
    04-17-16 04:15 PM
    The Priv coming to Sprint was confirmed on his Twitter too at one point. Look how that turned out lol.

tl;dr: Chen has confirmed and pulled back on so many things now, his confirmations mean next to nothing.
    Your right he did say that it was coming to Sprint on Twitter, and 2 weeks later he changed his mind and said on Twitter that it wasn't coming out. I just talked to my cousin that works for Att and she said they are getting another BlackBerry phone this year, I asked her if it was the Vienna and she said she don't know the name or any details about it, she just knows of one to be hitting the store around September. I know she knows what she's talking about because she's the one I found out about the BlackBerry Priv from, She told me she was going to be selling a BlackBerry Android and I thought to myself that she had to be wrong but she was right, about 2 months later the BlackBerry Priv arrived in store and she sent me a picture and 2 days later I picked it up . Now if I could get a discount from her I'd be set lol, but that's not possible. What's cool is here where I live in Oklahoma the Att stores have company phones for the workers, almost every one I've seen uses the BlackBerry Priv, there is a few that have the S7. She's going to let me know which phone is coming as soon as she learns the name of which is coming.

04-17-16 04:17 PM
    It was on Twitter a week ago, either it's been removed or your not going back far enough. I'll look for it soon.
    Are you sure you're remembering it right?
    04-17-16 04:24 PM
60 123