Haven't noticed issues with autocorrect with the VKB... I type a few letter and flick to type. Now in the beginning there were a few industry specific words that autocorrect didn't like and that would not pop up in flick to type. But the keyboard easily learned those word. And I just don't see many mistakes from others either, at least not from those comfortable with "technology".

Now being older I do have a harder time texting some younger people that still want to use abbreviations that I don't know... or tend to use emojis to represent a word or words.
    Must be something in the water then. Several of my friends are huge tech nerds. I would call them "hackers" but that word still has a negative connotation since a lot of people seem to think that means you do malicious things to other people's networks and computers. But really it's just they know how to do things with their own tech that they were not originally designed to, but anyway, they still make mistakes while typing on their phones. I think the BB VKB is a bit better in that aspect, but still, given all of that, one thing I do often is type without looking at the phone that even with the best autocorrect or prediction system in place I would not be able to do with a VKB. Also with the homescreen long-press keyboard shortcuts, calling frequent contacts, launching frequent apps, changing profiles, etc. are all done with just one button without needing to look at my phone or caring which screen or page it's on... So it works out for me much better than a vkb phone would ever work out for me (and I use an all-touch Android daily for work, so I'm very familiar with the form-factor and Android OS), but anyway, like I've said, I know I'm in the minority...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    06-27-16 10:57 AM
    Must be something in the water then. Several of my friends are huge tech nerds. I would call them "hackers" but that word still has a negative connotation since a lot of people seem to think that means you do malicious things to other people's networks and computers. But really it's just they know how to do things with their own tech that they were not originally designed to, but anyway, they still make mistakes while typing on their phones. I think the BB VKB is a bit better in that aspect, but still, given all of that, one thing I do often is type without looking at the phone that even with the best autocorrect or prediction system in place I would not be able to do with a VKB. Also with the homescreen long-press keyboard shortcuts, calling frequent contacts, launching frequent apps, changing profiles, etc. are all done with just one button without needing to look at my phone or caring which screen or page it's on... So it works out for me much better than a vkb phone would ever work out for me (and I use an all-touch Android daily for work, so I'm very familiar with the form-factor and Android OS), but anyway, like I've said, I know I'm in the minority...

Personally I'd never go back... I love the shortcuts on my 9650, but I love the screen real estate more.

But I do wonder if the PRIV had been $599 or $549. If BlackBerry had chosen a more premium material for the case, and invested in ALL the things it takes to sell phones to consumers. Better displays the allowed users to see the keyboard in action. Gave away (or loaned) devcies to carrier sales people. Ads, Ads, and more Ads. (lots and lots of money that they don't have)

If many be, just may be some might not have wanted a return to a PKB capable device?

But then I'm not sure a horizontal slider might not have sold better... many dumb phones today are horizontal sliders and there are still many using those. And I know a few that miss their original Droids....

Anyway we will see next year with the ROME.
    06-27-16 11:21 AM
    Personally I'd never go back... I love the shortcuts on my 9650, but I love the screen real estate more.

But I do wonder if the PRIV had been $599 or $549. If BlackBerry had chosen a more premium material for the case, and invested in ALL the things it takes to sell phones to consumers. Better displays the allowed users to see the keyboard in action. Gave away (or loaned) devcies to carrier sales people. Ads, Ads, and more Ads. (lots and lots of money that they don't have)

If many be, just may be some might not have wanted a return to a PKB capable device?

But then I'm not sure a horizontal slider might not have sold better... many dumb phones today are horizontal sliders and there are still many using those. And I know a few that miss their original Droids....

Anyway we will see next year with the ROME.
    I couldn't care less about the screen real estate. I'm a bit of a video snob, so a 6" screen is too small, so a 3.5" screen doesn't make a difference, I don't like viewing videos on either. I don't play games (except Sudoku because it keeps my mind a little engaged) either, so really, I have no use for any of that. Being able to do things with a single long-press of a key without looking is far more important for me. Again, this is just my personal preference and I don't expect the market or any others to agree with it. Yes, I have to state this every time because there's always that person that would reply with "Oh, but it's obvious most people would rather have blah blah blah instead!!" And it's like "Thanks Cpt. Obvious!" lol

06-27-16 11:50 AM
    Its obvious that your friends are using an iPhone that would explain all the typo's.
    06-27-16 08:33 PM
    When Chen said budget phones, i didnt expect actel to make it. Thats not blackberry, thats actel.... they make windows phones (that are slow)
    06-27-16 08:46 PM
    When Chen said budget phones, i didnt expect actel to make it. Thats not blackberry, thats actel.... they make windows phones (that are slow)
    Yeah not blackberry but how many brands make their own phones? these days the actual maker is usually someone else and they may well make products for several different brands.
    06-28-16 05:34 AM
    Apple doesn't make their own (Foxconn), Google doesn't, Windows kinda as they bought Nokia, but BlackBerry hasn't for a long time (if ever). Currently it's Foxconn but before it was Flextronics in Mexico.
    06-28-16 05:58 AM
    Apple doesn't make their own (Foxconn), Google doesn't, Windows kinda as they bought Nokia, but BlackBerry hasn't for a long time (if ever). Currently it's Foxconn but before it was Flextronics in Mexico.
    I thought the Priv was Wistron in Mexico.
    06-28-16 06:07 AM
    I believe you are right, it is Wistron.

However, the point was BlackBerry doesn't make their ow devices just like Apple doesnt.....
    06-28-16 06:18 AM
    It wasn't just the price of the Priv but the execution was poor.

It got a lot of luke warm reviews because of the bugs and hardware issues.

#qwerty #glassweave #darkhorse
    06-28-16 12:59 PM
    Its obvious that your friends are using an iPhone that would explain all the typo's.
    Most of them Android actually...

06-28-16 02:36 PM
    It appears more and more apparent that the "marriage" of BlackBerry 10 and Android is the new strategy in making the BlackBerry phones more appealing to general public. I personally think that it is a right approach in an attempt to make the handset part of the business profitable again.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-16 07:17 PM
    I, like the few users left, am waiting for a new BB10 device. But after trying to use Whatsapp this morning and getting a message telling me the app will no longer be supported after Dec 2016, I know I will have to go Android. (there was also a link to supported devices and the PRIV was not one of them). BBM doesn't cut it for me anymore.

Considering I will have to go Android, I think the only two manufacturers I would buy a device from would be Blackberry or Google. The main reason is updates. I know a few people using the Samsung S4 that will never get Marshmallow, while my z30 is running the latest version of BB10 and I know Blackberry will probably update it again. Google is the same, they really support their Nexus devices. Apple does a good job of this as well.

Moving forward with the uncertainty of whether Blackberry will continue to manufacture phones, I'd still consider buying a device from them because I know they'll support it in terms of software updates. While a new Blackberry device released this year may not be a flagship 2 years from now, I'm so happy with the performance of my current z30 in comparison to what I see people with S4's going through and this makes me confident when considering purchasing one of their devices.

Given the possibility that Blackberry will try to pull a PRIV move on me and assume that I want to overpay for one of their new devices, that leaves me waiting for Googles new offering. As confident as I am, there's no way i'm going to pay upwards of $800 for a phone, which is why I will never even consider an iPhone.

Another device I looked at is the One Plus 3, but I need expandable memory, and I've read a lot of bad reviews about this phone.

I'd never buy Samsung or LG. I just updated my cell phone contract and I was given a new LG G5 for $0. The first thing I did is sell it on Kijiji.
    07-01-16 08:48 AM

Another device I looked at is the One Plus 3, but I need expandable memory, and I've read a lot of bad reviews about this phone.

I'd never buy Samsung or LG. I just updated my cell phone contract and I was given a new LG G5 for $0. The first thing I did is sell it on Kijiji.
    I know this may sound judge-mental, because it is lol

If someone owns an iPhone or a Samsung. I just presume you are a iSheep or Fandroid and don't know much about the phone and just have one for fashion.

But as soon as I see a HTC 10, One Plus 3, BlackBerry Priv ect then I presume you have actually thought about the phone and made an educated guess and not a fashion guess.

#HatersGanaQuote lol

Posted Via BlackBerry Noble OS 10.3.3
    07-01-16 12:26 PM

If someone owns an iPhone or a Samsung. I just presume you are a iSheep or Fandroid and don't know much about the phone and just have one for fashion.

But as soon as I see a HTC 10, One Plus 3, BlackBerry Priv ect then I presume you have actually thought about the phone and made an educated guess and not a fashion guess.

#HatersGanaQuote lol

That wasn't judge-mental at all lol.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-16 03:19 PM
    So you are saying that people just get herded to a subpar mobile device that drops calls and puts out the same crap under a different model # year while apple picking???
    07-01-16 04:13 PM
    Why can't Tmo send out update for Q10!?!? Has everyone just tossed us Q10 folks out with the trash?

Posted via CB10
    07-01-16 04:18 PM

#HatersGanaQuote lol

Well, the majority buy it because its popular, but I'm sure some people out there are knowledgable about what they're buying and they still go for them.. The S7 edge is an excellent phone but the Price is too much..

I totally agree with the 2nd part though, I've respect for anyone who goes for phones like OnePlus 3 & HTC 10.. It tells you that they've done some research and they know what they're getting.. Most of the times anyway xD.. Nothing is 100%.

Now the fellas that go for a Priv, they deserve an honor badge.. Hats off for them.
    07-01-16 04:20 PM
    Can wait to see another device out and on my pocket also

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-07-16 03:36 PM
44 12