@LiamQ or @Colin Ho this is really still bugging on the word substitution:
    you can't type 37deg[space] as the deg isn't recognised inside a word (that's OK I think as other word would get substituted all the time), but even if deg is in substitution with ° if you type "37 deg[space]" it will be "37 °" instead of wanted "37°".
    Please add a way to put in those special macros for backspace in word substitution.
    That facility to "backspace" in a Word Substitution has been missing since BB Android was first released. It has been mentioned in a number of threads and there was even a comment back that it was on a "list" but timing was open. Seems that it remains unresolved making word substitutions a bit less useful.
    08-27-17 09:25 AM
    Why not add the complete symbols ℉ and ℃ (that's one character each) as substitutions for e.g. "degF" and "degC"? Or add them to the custom symbol keyboard.
    08-28-17 05:33 AM
    I use dxf and dxc, no interference with words that way.

I used to do the same when I used BB10. I used "DF" for degrees Fahrenheit, and "DC" for degrees Celsius. That worked great, with the exception of the times I wanted to write, "Washington DC."
    FF22 likes this.
    08-28-17 06:10 AM
    That facility to "backspace" in a Word Substitution has been missing since BB Android was first released. It has been mentioned in a number of threads and there was even a comment back that it was on a "list" but timing was open. Seems that it remains unresolved making word substitutions a bit less useful.
    To bring this back up...did something new came up regarding this issue? Any updates or changes?

If not, maybe we should try to send them a couple of mails regarding this topic or maybe make a petition and hope for them to recognize and realize it...

The %b was like the most important thing of the whole word substitution for me. I got my Keyone today and its already driving me crazy that I can't type properly without autocorrect, because as a German i need ß, ä, ö, ü wayyy to often for always getting them via longpressing the key. And when doing it with a longpress, I can't really do it when typing blind.

Please BlackBerry, change something and bring %b back!
    FF22 likes this.
    12-06-17 04:24 PM
    To bring this back up...did something new came up regarding this issue? Any updates or changes?

If not, maybe we should try to send them a couple of mails regarding this topic or maybe make a petition and hope for them to recognize and realize it...

The %b was like the most important thing of the whole word substitution for me. I got my Keyone today and its already driving me crazy that I can't type properly without autocorrect, because as a German i need ß, ä, ö, ü wayyy to often for always getting them via longpressing the key. And when doing it with a longpress, I can't really do it when typing blind.

Please BlackBerry, change something and bring %b back!
    In another thread it was suggested that they were working on it. But nothing so far.

I guess taking it to their twitter and other accounts might not hurt.
    anon(10011343) likes this.
    12-06-17 05:07 PM
    In another thread it was suggested that they were working on it. But nothing so far.
    Typical BlackBerry :/

I don't really know how to write it in a way that they'll really understand the problem going on, but I'll write them a tweet later this day...
    12-07-17 06:31 AM
    I got my Keyone today and its already driving me crazy that I can't type properly without autocorrect, because as a German i need ß, ä, ö, ü wayyy to often for always getting them via longpressing the key. And when doing it with a longpress, I can't really do it when typing blind.
    Set up a custom keyboard and put the umlauts to the A, O, U and S positions. Then you can use the sym-key like shift, e.g. sym+A (together or one after another - doesn't matter) will give you an Ä.
    12-07-17 06:46 AM
    Set up a custom keyboard and put the umlauts to the A, O, U and S positition.
    I know that this is possible, and I think I'm going to do this. But...it isn't really a solution for me, as there are some other things (like inserting a whole word or a part of a word) where I'd like to have the cursor right behind that word or to remove the leading space.

And I don't really like to give a completely new layout to the sym-layer...especially when there's an easier way to do the wanted.
    FF22 likes this.
    12-07-17 06:55 AM
    Typical BlackBerry :/

I don't really know how to write it in a way that they'll really understand the problem going on, but I'll write them a tweet later this day...
    See my Post #6 in

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb.../#post12793635
    12-07-17 08:35 AM
    How are you guys typing in superscript?
    12-07-17 09:44 AM
    Finally hit them up at twitter, looking forward to their reaction....if they're gonna react on it.
    FF22 likes this.
    12-08-17 03:00 PM
    Press and hold the ALT key and type 0 1 7 6 on the numeric keypad of your keyboard. Make sure the NumLock is on and type 0176 with the leading zero. If there is no numeric keypad, press and hold the Fn before typing the 0176 numbers of degree symbol.

Like this: º
    09-08-19 03:14 PM
37 12