Is there anyway to disable the ability to set up a guest User on the KEYone without a password?

I found a friend's kid had set up a guest account on my phone and was messing around it. I know guests have no access to my data but I find it incredible that anybody can grab an android phone and just use it for their own purposes.
    04-01-18 07:22 PM
    Is there anyway to disable the ability to set up a guest User on the KEYone without a password?

I found a friend's kid had set up a guest account on my phone and was messing around it. I know guests have no access to my data but I find it incredible that anybody can grab an android phone and just use it for their own purposes.
    If you don't password protect your device (at boot), how would the phone know it's not you?

You can't do what you're saying with a password lock.
    Last edited by conite; 04-01-18 at 07:41 PM.
    04-01-18 07:24 PM
    If you don't password protect your device (at boot), how would the phone know it's not you?
    Not sure what you mean.

It seems that anybody can use the phone as a guest even if locked (but not from a switched off phone).
    04-01-18 07:35 PM
    You've got it backwards. You need to set up a Guest user account BEFORE letting anyone else (especially kids) use your phone for anything. Your default account is the "owner" account, and the owner can do virtually anything - and only YOU should be using that account. You need to lock your account before letting anyone else access the device and only let them use the Guest account.
    04-01-18 07:39 PM
    Not sure what you mean.

It seems that anybody can use the phone as a guest even if locked (but not from a switched off phone).
    How?
    04-01-18 07:40 PM
    OK I think I've figured out what's happened. , it seems a guest User had previously been set up but not deleted (possibly by me a long time ago before I fully understood Android).

So that was being accessed when the phone was locked. I've just cleared it and the problem is resolved.

Thank you All for your comments.
    jamesharmeling and FF22 like this.
    04-01-18 07:51 PM