Not sure if we're allowed to add links here, but you'll find it easy on the gsmarena website.
    Was reading that the Snapdragon 625 in high regard.
    Not too shabby in terms of speed, but very power efficient.
    Softens the blow if the Mercury is indeed a 625.
    CANT WAIT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARRRRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!
    hoopitz and Jason Cockerham like this.
    02-09-17 08:27 AM
    sorry guys, i should have added, it was an article on chipsets in general.
    but in the snapdragon section, it did give the 625 abit of a praise....
    MeisterLi92 likes this.
    02-09-17 08:28 AM
    Please post the link
    02-09-17 08:55 AM
    Please post the link
    Our mobile chipset guide: The H1 2017 edition - GSMArena.com
    02-09-17 09:22 AM
    Looks like it's got the 808 beat, at least on these benchmarks...and by a pretty decent margin as well. That's encouraging!
    02-09-17 12:24 PM
    625 chipset is very power efficient.
    02-09-17 01:25 PM
    "But the number is smaller so it has to be worse!!" -not me

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    hoopitz and anon(4243545) like this.
    02-09-17 02:04 PM
    It's so crazy how everyone is so concerned about chipsets, these days. I understand wanting the latest and greatest, but people need to be more concerned with functionality. Does the phone do what you need it to do, at a sufficient speed? I'm confident that, for me, the Mercury will send my emails, texts & BBMs, as well as run the few daily apps i need, just fine. If i was big into gaming, or media consumption on a smartphone, I may look into something else.
    Jrox74 likes this.
    02-09-17 02:26 PM
    It's so crazy how everyone is so concerned about chipsets, these days. I understand wanting the latest and greatest, but people need to be more concerned with functionality. Does the phone do what you need it to do, at a sufficient speed? I'm confident that, for me, the Mercury will send my emails, texts & BBMs, as well as run the few daily apps i need, just fine. If i was big into gaming, or media consumption on a smartphone, I may look into something else.
    Actually, chipset does make big difference. 625 snapdragon might not be fast as 820/821 but it more power efficient chipset. Battery will last longer than 820/821 chipset.
    02-09-17 02:50 PM
    cpu clok speed off the 625 ia 33% faster then the 808 and the best thing it's smaller produced 20 vs 14nm chip so lesser battery consumption and with only 4,5 inch it will be a big win. Als the 625 has integrated LTE and is quicker the only downside is that the 625 is 10% slower in memory interface. Overal the 625 is better and the 808 was allready good to use and this on is just better

So if there will be also the sony camera we know from the pixel you will have a nice device for 500 euro
    02-09-17 03:00 PM
    Actually, chipset does make big difference. 625 snapdragon might not be fast as 820/821 but it more power efficient chipset. Battery will last longer than 820/821 chipset.

Absolutely exciting times! And I really appreciate that it's got a big battery too, I really don't care at all about the thickness. This is going to be a good phone.!!
    krazyatom likes this.
    02-09-17 03:40 PM
    That looks good, makes me want the jolly thing more now. Let's hope BlackBerry can stream line their launcher/ skin...
    Carjackd likes this.
    02-09-17 05:27 PM
    one of the reasons I care for a good chipset is that this might just be the last - respectable - qwery phone in a while. So the hardware might have to last some time ;-)

CB10 on my PP SE
    krazyatom likes this.
    02-09-17 05:31 PM
    one of the reasons I care for a good chipset is that this might just be the last - respectable - qwery phone in a while. So the hardware might have to last some time ;-)

CB10 on my PP SE
    Yes, that's why I wanted to have 821 chipset in Mercury but 625 is good enough for me. Mercury might be the last PKB phone from BlackBerry.
    02-09-17 05:40 PM
    Yes, that's why I wanted to have 821 chipset in Mercury but 625 is good enough for me. Mercury might be the last PKB phone from BlackBerry.
    Let's hope not. software support for the keyboard is something BlackBerry would need to keep up to date.

With the multiple deals eg TCL, optiemus and merah ** you'd think pkb phones would live on in some way? I guess that'll be answered in the next year or two.

Posted via CB10
    krazyatom and Jrox74 like this.
    02-09-17 06:38 PM
    My 625-powered Z Play runs laps around my Priv, but software has to play some part in that.
    Both use Nova Prime launcher.
    02-09-17 07:10 PM
    Agreed, if the software is top notch, with gold standard security and enables me to be super productive and has a nice flow then I don't really mind that much about the processor.

But that being said, it's also nice to know you getting a 'new' processor so games and Apps can load quickly. But that main draw card for me is the power efficiency.

On the podcast, Steve said the battery life is great. And it has a bigger battery than you would expect for a device it's size.

Posted Via BlackBerry Q5
    02-10-17 04:51 AM
    Agreed. This is a more important factor to me than having the super fastest best chip. And the 625 costs less as well.
    02-10-17 07:19 AM
    If you listened to the podcast you may consider that statement. Have a listen and tell me what you think about the possibility of more pkb
    02-10-17 10:43 AM
    Agreed, if the software is top notch, with gold standard security and enables me to be super productive and has a nice flow then I don't really mind that much about the processor.

But that being said, it's also nice to know you getting a 'new' processor so games and Apps can load quickly. But that main draw card for me is the power efficiency.

On the podcast, Steve said the battery life is great. And it has a bigger battery than you would expect for a device it's size.

Posted Via BlackBerry Q5
    Ya I'm super interested in finding out what this battery can push after hearing that last night
    Matty likes this.
    02-10-17 10:44 AM
    Agreed. This is a more important factor to me than having the super fastest best chip. And the 625 costs less as well.
    See for me, I would rather have the phone run faster and more smoothly and sacrifice a bit of battery to do so. I'm never too far from a charger and having to charge for me is not a huge deal. Now, I'm also not on my phone constantly so it may not be as big of a deal for me, but that's just where I stand. I can't stand slow software on phones. Especially in the day and age where we have phones with crazy fast software and performans!
    krazyatom likes this.
    02-10-17 05:09 PM
    I really don't think MOST people interested in this device will pay attention to the processor.

It's going to be the people who had a Bold or similar that see a modernized version of what they had in the past. My wife is a great example, she doesn't even think about specs. Just form and function. Camera is a part of the function and it sounds like they will knock that one out of the park. Android is the other part, she can get her modern apps and still use the pkb.

Let's hope this strategy works.

P.S.

By the way, I think the processor is sufficient regardless.
    02-10-17 05:59 PM
    cpu clok speed off the 625 ia 33% faster then the 808 and the best thing it's smaller produced 20 vs 14nm chip so lesser battery consumption and with only 4,5 inch it will be a big win. Als the 625 has integrated LTE and is quicker the only downside is that the 625 is 10% slower in memory interface. Overal the 625 is better and the 808 was allready good to use and this on is just better

So if there will be also the sony camera we knowr from the pixel you will have a nice device for 500 euro
    If it had a Snapdragon series 8 and/or more RAM and an Amoled screen (the only thing I dislike about the Mercury), would it have costed at least 800€? A competitive price. In such a case, if it was BlackBerry in charge of the price, no less than 1200€.
    02-11-17 07:34 AM