According to GroupMe support:

"As you mention on your previous email, your device is a Blackberry device with an Android 7.1.1 Nugent. I'm sorry to inform you that we are not supporting any Blackberry platform.
    The GroupMe Support Squad #)"

Is anyone able to login to the GroupMe app on the KEYone?
    06-21-17 11:57 AM
    Why would it not work?
    kbz1960 and app_Developer like this.
    06-21-17 12:03 PM
    I'm attempting to login in using Google. I sign in with Google and get the welcome messages/tips. When I tap "Skip" GroupMe goes back to the login page. When I tap "G" Google to login, "Connecting with Google" then get an error message "Can not login in with Facebook."*Yes, Facebook.

When I attempt to login with email address using*Gmail, I get an error message "Incorrect email or password" and the app closes.*

I have attempted to login with Facebook and get the same result "Incorrect email or password."

Also, I tried to login with Microsoft and get to the welcome/tips message, skip, and was prompted to enter Microsoft login, that got "Error while logging in with Microsoft."*
    06-21-17 12:10 PM

Curious then i install it on my private it takes long time to get sms pin code though
    06-21-17 12:11 PM
    Reiterate to the support drone that it's an Android device through and through, the stink of the name be damned.
    kbz1960, NaijaBerry and mister2d like this.
    06-21-17 12:12 PM
    It doesn't matter if the device is made by blackberry, the apps work with android not the device manufacturer. The person you are talking to doesn't understand and is going off of something someone told them regarding legacy devices. I would call back and tell them it's "an android running 7.1"
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-21-17 12:24 PM
    Reiterate to the support drone that it's an Android device through and through, the stink of the name be damned.
    I've reiterated to GroupMe support three times and keep getting the same response:

"Sorry for the trouble. Unfortunately, we are no longer supporting the BlackBerry platform. We recommend using GroupMe via SMS or via*groupme.com.

*Let us know if you have any further questions

*The GroupMe Support Squad #)"
    06-21-17 12:26 PM
    Probably the customer service person intentionally misunderstanding your issue entirely (assuming it's a BlackBerry 10 phone) and hiding behind that because it's the easiest thing to do. (I've done customer support and can sympathize with them but too bad.)

I have a BlackBerry Priv and GroupMe works perfectly because it is an Android phone. I would open another ticket not mentioning that it's a BlackBerry. Maybe a Moto Z Play.

But then again, I had the issue of not receiving notifications on a Windows 10 Mobile phone and it hasn't been fixed a year later.
    booker1953 likes this.
    06-21-17 12:29 PM
    I don't know if it's Nougat or what BlackBerry has done to the OS or good old incompetence on GroupMe's part that's the issue. I know AirWatch failed (fails?) to work with BlackBerry Android devices since the device security features mistakenly appear as root, but whether GroupMe has similar protections in place is the question.

"Let us know if you have any further questions"
    "Yes, do you know what an Android phone is?"
    06-21-17 12:30 PM
    It doesn't matter if the device is made by blackberry, the apps work with android not the device manufacturer. The person you are talking to doesn't understand and is going off of something someone told them regarding legacy devices. I would call back and tell them it's "an android running 7.1"
    06-21-17 12:44 PM
    GroupMe is working fine for me on my KEYone.
    06-21-17 01:02 PM
    I'm having the same issue. Anyone figure this out yet?
    07-11-17 02:08 PM
    Yes. Contact groupme and let them know you're having a problem on Android 7.1
    07-11-17 03:30 PM
    works fine for me and use it everyday
    07-11-17 03:44 PM
    Yes. Contact groupme and let them know you're having a problem on Android 7.1
    Thanks
    07-11-17 06:15 PM
    just tell them it' motorola moto Z.
    do not mention BlackBerry for these monkeys at sll
    07-11-17 08:22 PM
    My groupme was working find untitled this afternoon, now getting the "Facebook" error. but working on my other devices fine.
    07-13-17 05:35 PM
    They must have misunderstood and thought BBOS for some odd reason. I've been using GroupMe every day since first use and it's an identical experience to my S8+. Logged in via Google with no issues
    07-13-17 08:37 PM
    So I realized the issue started once I disable my Hub. I have since did a factory reset and reinstalled groupme after first disabling hub. I am now good to go for now, will update if anything changes.
    07-14-17 12:43 AM
    having the same problem and received the same message from groupme Support. Apparently there are 2 Support groups. The first is support@groupme.com and they state it's not supported. Then their is android@groupme.com which supports the app on Android including the keyone. I'm still having a problem getting in the app. Just opened a new ticket to see if I can solve the problem. Facebook login doesn't work. tried other options and it's not working.
    08-13-17 07:02 PM
    FYI. I was able to log on for a couple of days using a new email and password but then it stopped working. I still had access to my previous chat groups but now it isn't working again. So I would like to get my original Facebook login working.
    08-13-17 07:11 PM