Sorry to clarify...its at least a couple other KeyONE users on reddit...not necessarily near me or any bases or interference. Very peculiar behavior...standing outside earlier with clear southern sky...took 5 min for gps to lock. Another time I tried in the garage it connected instantly!
    Sorry I misunderstood about the area you are in. What happens when you change location mode to device only? (GPS only)
    06-15-18 04:34 AM
    so I turned off high accuracy and it DOES appear the gps in waze and gps status are both locking on in about a minute now consistently, as long as I have a relatively clear view of the sky...does it mean the agps is interfering with my gps? or a software issue?
    06-15-18 02:22 PM
    so I turned off high accuracy and it DOES appear the gps in waze and gps status are both locking on in about a minute now consistently, as long as I have a relatively clear view of the sky...does it mean the agps is interfering with my gps? or a software issue?
    Not sure about that. The assisted mode with network and wifi might be trying to feed those additional apps with traffic and ad data. Where are you? Since we're discussing GPS, just need your coordinates. I'm at 61N, 150W
    06-15-18 07:33 PM
    35.5N 78.5W
    06-15-18 08:18 PM
    35.5N 78.5W
    Duplin Country Club!
    06-15-18 09:00 PM
    nowhere near there no: 35.49N 78.5W
    06-15-18 09:09 PM
    35.5N 78.5W
    Plenty of satellites to access there. I wonder if you remove either waze or gmaps if the other would work better?
    06-16-18 05:10 AM
    are you using a usbcable to charge your phone? Just disable Boostmodus and there you go
    06-16-18 07:35 AM
    FIGURED IT OUT: Bluetooth left ON (even when not connected) will cause interference with the GPS radio. I turned it off, and now both Waze and GMaps both lock on GPS location within a few seconds both with high accuracy toggled on or off!

Sort of annoying, but it appears it will stay locked on AFTER I turn on the Bluetooth in the car. But if the Bluetooth is ON BEFORE getting in the car it can take a few minutes for the location to lock, and sometimes cause the location on the maps to jump around and randomly.

Now I'm wondering if this can be solved via software or its just an inherent hardware quirk of the KeyONE?
    FF22 and Tim-ANC like this.
    06-16-18 10:15 AM
    FIGURED IT OUT: Bluetooth left ON (even when not connected) will cause interference with the GPS radio. I turned it off, and now both Waze and GMaps both lock on GPS location within a few seconds both with high accuracy toggled on or off!

Sort of annoying, but it appears it will stay locked on AFTER I turn on the Bluetooth in the car. But if the Bluetooth is ON BEFORE getting in the car it can take a few minutes for the location to lock, and sometimes cause the location on the maps to jump around and randomly.

Now I'm wondering if this can be solved via software or its just an inherent hardware quirk of the KeyONE?
    Good detective work.

I generally don't tweak my Bluetooth (connected to car and watch) and, as noted, have not had any specific issues.
    06-16-18 11:03 AM

Yes, good troubleshooting. Bluetooth shouldn't be interfering with your GPS, but whatever you are interfacing with might be. I wonder if your car is the problem? Have you tried it away from your car? Only nav app I use is Genius maps and typically have K1 BT connected to my wireless ear buds. Never have a problem with the nav.
    06-17-18 06:36 AM
    Now that I recall, it did create issues while the car was on, standing in the garage, with the car connected. In addition my vehicle does send regular satellite updates and likely was causing interference there. However, even standing under a clear blue sky with the car off, but bluetooth on in standby mode, it was taking a very long time to get a lock.

it must be the way the GPS radio is positioned in KeyONE as the PRIV never had these issues in the same vehicle. At least I know there is a workaround temporarily keeping the Bluetooth off.
    06-17-18 08:41 AM
    So, I've tried all of these thoughtful suggestions to no avail. I was using Gmaps just fine, stopped driving for a couple of hrs, then when I started driving again, Gmaps wouldn't work-it wouldn't track the trip or give step by step audio directions etc. This was a month ago. I've tried downloading 3 other map apps, two of which were "off-line" and the other was Waze. None work.
    10-21-18 07:10 AM
    So, I've tried all of these thoughtful suggestions to no avail. I was using Gmaps just fine, stopped driving for a couple of hrs, then when I started driving again, Gmaps wouldn't work-it wouldn't track the trip or give step by step audio directions etc. This was a month ago. I've tried downloading 3 other map apps, two of which were "off-line" and the other was Waze. None work.
    If you have GPS Status installed, have you used it to clear the GPS cache?
    10-21-18 07:50 AM
    Hello: thanks for your reply. So. I don't see that I have an app called "gps status" installed. I should mention that I'm light years from being "tech savvy."
    10-21-18 07:58 AM
    Update: my GPS issues disappeared complete after I updated to the latest Nougat release on Sprint a few months back. I can only recommend a factory wipe, as my previous issues appeared to be software related.
    10-22-18 02:24 AM
    Hello: thanks for your reply. So. I don't see that I have an app called "gps status" installed. I should mention that I'm light years from being "tech savvy."
    GPS Status has to be loaded from Play Store. Under tools there is a place to clear the GPS cache.
    10-22-18 03:50 AM
    My GPS suddenly stopped working but I don't know exactly when and certainly don't know why. I did not realize that the absence of map-tracks on my Samsung Gear S3 was part of its symptoms. I just thought Samsung might have changed something. I would start tracking my walk on the watch but it did not tell me each mile and stats.

Cut to driving around Durango, CO and gmaps won't work. Nor will Waze and my tracking app also showed not lat/long. I fired up GPS status and it could not find any satellites.

I restarted the phone. Nothing. I did the 32+ second reboots (Press and HOLD the Power button for 32+ seconds, ignoring the screen and any sounds or vibrations). That did not fix it. I was not happy as I planned to use the phone for navigation (although others in the rental had theirs) and for tracking my hikes. Restart. Nothing.

I did three more 32+ reboots (including a 50 second to be sure!!!) and suddenly the gps was working again. Gmaps, waze, GPS status and Nogago Tracks were all working. Now 4 weeks later and it is all still working.

(I did not know about GPS status clearing the cache and will try that if it happens again).
    10-22-18 02:22 PM
    (I did not know about GPS status clearing the cache and will try that if it happens again).
    I got back from Qatar once, and no matter where I tried to go, my phone kept insisting I was still in Doha. Imagine trying to plot a trip from Malibu to Manhattan Beach... via Qatar. GPS Status cleared the issue.
    FF22 likes this.
    10-22-18 04:06 PM
    No, it's not just Key 1 or Key 2.., the Google Maps degradation extends at least to the Priv, as well.

This all started about 6-8 weeks ago and I do not know whether it was triggered by an "update" to the app, which seem to occur twice a month, or greater sunspot activity, or what.

Before then, I had never seen a "searching for GPS" on my Google Maps and Driving Screen, but now it's displayed about 50% of the time.

And the blue dot location indicator is often several miles off, before it catches up to my actual location. This has caused me to miss turns, etc. I have all the location permissions turned on.

I do not have Waze. But my wife tells me she has noticed the same 'searching for gps' on Waze too.

What gives?
    05-12-19 05:02 AM
    and yes, my friend Mr F22, I have done some long reboots to try to fix it.
    05-12-19 05:10 AM
    and yes, my friend Mr F22, I have done some long reboots to try to fix it.
    I don't know what else to suggest. Since that glitch last Sept, I've not really had any real issues. I do recall once, Nogago did not show lat/long after starting up. But a simple reboot fixed the issue. Have you tried gps status - Clear Cache as someone suggested above?

I used both Google Maps and Waze on Sat driving home from Oregon. And used Nogago Tracks on my hike on friday.

Actually, I don't see how to Clear Cache in GPS Status? Anybody?
    05-13-19 12:12 PM
    If you have GPS Status installed, have you used it to clear the GPS cache?
    How or where do you Clear the GPS Cache? In the app itself or in Main Settings/App/etc? Thanks.
    05-13-19 12:13 PM
    How or where do you Clear the GPS Cache? In the app itself or in Main Settings/App/etc? Thanks.
    Upper left in app, tap status, then "Manage a GPS State". Pop up will let you clear cache.
    FF22 likes this.
    05-13-19 07:59 PM
    Upper left in app, tap status, then "Manage a GPS State". Pop up will let you clear cache.
    Thanks.

Slightly different message but I found it. It was "Reset."
    05-14-19 07:09 PM
51 123