Hello ive got my K1 an have some questions.

1. is it possible to disable DTEK?
    2. can i set a shortkey to get back to homescreen?
    3. how can i navigate threw single letters in a word via keypad/curser. if i swipe left or right i get a new word but i wanna navigate to single letters.
    4. can i Change the frequenze of the LED i checked Lightflow but the set of LED frequence doesent work.

Hope for help
    06-30-18 02:31 AM
    You can lightly double tap the touch sensitive keyboard while typing in a dialog box to change from the cursor to a pointer that you can then move finely around letter to letter by moving your finger on the keyboard as if it were a touch pad. Double tap again to return to the typing cursor. Go to settings, language & input, pointer speed and I think that might change the speed of that function.

You cannot go into settings, apps, DTEK, force stop, disable. It's a system application. There are permissions you can disable, you can touch the 3 dots atop right hand corner to 'uninstall updates' - none of which I have done because I use DTEK. However, you can play around with the app settings I described or maybe somebody else knows better how to perhaps remove that. I know there's a few people in the forum who work hard to 'remove google' from their PRIV and in their thread are the keywords 'tinfoil hat' or 'remove google' that you can use to do a forum search with. Some of their tips might help you with that.

I don't know anything about the notification LED frequency or if there's a system method or app method to control that.
    FF22 likes this.
    06-30-18 02:57 AM
    Great that helps a Lot. How can i Set the notification volume, i just can Set the ringtone volume!
    06-30-18 12:33 PM
    I think the overall notification volume is simply controlling all notification volume(s) and I cannot seem to find a way to individually adjust specific notifications volume within Android. I could have totally missed something that somebody else here might know.

There could be, although I have no idea, an app that allows for more fine control over specific notification volume. There might even be a system method I've completely overlooked.

This does, however, give me stuff to play around with. Hope you find what you need for your new phone!
    Last edited by Spunton_Duddley; 06-30-18 at 09:03 PM.
    06-30-18 07:46 PM
    Inside settings, notifications, gear icon, and in there are two options for visual notification settings like turning off the notify light or what displays on the lock screen. None of which have anything to do with notification audio volume. Beside the gear icon are the three dots where two other unrelated options exist.

Also inside settings, notifications, is the whole list of apps. I went in and touched Signal Private Messenger (I use that one a lot and it has notifications) and after touching the app it shows various settings - again, none of which seem to show an individual notification volume setting.
    06-30-18 07:55 PM
    BlackBerry should build a robust notification audio and volume control app that provides the same fine tuning of all notifications that BlackBerry OS7.1 provided. That would be really well received.
    06-30-18 08:10 PM
    BlackBerry Mobile needs to raid the treasure trove of fantastic patents related to every single thing that made BlackBerry OS7.1 and BlackBerry 10 so great for fine tuned communications and collaborate with BlackBerry Ltd to implement all the awesome software features (like granular notification configurations).

BlackBerry Mobile should also continue to take visual design cues from all the different BlackBerry 10 hardware designs and BlackBerry Ltd should take functional communications software cues from BlackBerry OS 7.1 to combine all of that goodness with the advanced Android operating system.

I said in a previous post how BlackBerry Mobile should take the visual design of the Z10 (size and everything), making the entire glass front be display and the rest of that exact design remains as untouched as possible - all with the removable battery and they'd have a huge hit (in my opinion).

That Z10 design, even with the bezels (not talking about the Z10 top and bottom plastic parts, just the actual display bezels) is a beautifully simple industrial design that I still admire to this day.

If they (BBM) could pull that off, many people would want that.

Note: I call Android 'advanced' because of it's eco-system and not because of it's monolithic kernel. BlackBerry 10 is truly 'advanced' in comparison because it's an RTOS on a micro-kernel.
    06-30-18 08:17 PM
    Now that I've said all that, I decided to launch the BlackBerry Hub, touch the 3 lines top left hand corner, touch settings, then touch the custom alerts option, and go from there to customize whatever you can customize inside there.

Still cannot find a specific way to adjust individual app notification sound. You can pick specific display colours and ringtone for each account in the Hub.
    06-30-18 09:08 PM
    Ok thx, how can i Set the boost Charge Mode. If i plug in the USB it just load normal I can't choose boostmode. I have the original poweradapter if the cable is original I don't know I bought the device secondhand.
    07-01-18 01:38 AM