Well i don't need to convince me or others to the phone. In fact i tried to convince my boss and one of my mate to buy the phone, cause it's just awesome from the building quality and productivity features.

I said every time, for me, it's not working with the system. I need a productivity phone, but also i want a phone that is smooth as a flagship and a camera that is like a flagship camera (yes camera is good but stabilization is a joke..). And i want to customize the launcher from android, i don't get along with the BB launcher.

Yes it is a good phone for some but for others don't.

PS: My Mate wanted to buy that phone and has no problems with my critic about it. But he said the same thing like me at the swipe problem. He is not going to buy it until this is fixed.

I orderd a pixel now.
    Why not try a different launcher then?
    05-18-17 12:18 PM
    Same issue for me ... Scrolling up is Not that smooth. I simply wait for the next update (AAL)...
    05-18-17 12:22 PM
    Why not try a different launcher then?
    Because the PKB isn't Working with other launcher.
    05-18-17 12:31 PM
    Well i don't need to convince me or others to the phone. In fact i tried to convince my boss and one of my mate to buy the phone, cause it's just awesome from the building quality and productivity features.

I said every time, for me, it's not working with the system. I need a productivity phone, but also i want a phone that is smooth as a flagship and a camera that is like a flagship camera (yes camera is good but stabilization is a joke..). And i want to customize the launcher from android, i don't get along with the BB launcher.

Yes it is a good phone for some but for others don't.

PS: My Mate wanted to buy that phone and has no problems with my critic about it. But he said the same thing like me at the swipe problem. He is not going to buy it until this is fixed.

I orderd a pixel now.
    Stabilization is a joke? Weird how nobody else seems to have an issue, and in fact OIS is mainly important while shooting movies and the lack of OIS is only apparent while filming in 4k, while in 1080p the electronic IS is actually better than the competition (just watch the S8 vs K1 comparison on youtube)...

You can use any launcher you want, as long as you're ok with losing the keyboard shortcuts, but then, no other phone has keyboard shortcuts so no matter what the experience will never be worse than the competition in that regard. So don't get how you claim this phone is somehow less customizable than other Android phones.

And I've read that if you disable the hub it'll run smoother, so why not do that? The phones you compared it to don't have the hub, so again, you're only matching them, never going below. So if getting rid of the hub will resolve your performance issues, and will match the phones you have listed, then what will be the complaint after that?

And you can say scrolling with the keyboard is bad, but how does it compare with the competition? Oh what's that? Nobody else has scrolling by swiping on the physical keyboard? Hm, now there's a problem...

I'm sure coming from the Classic, I'll likely get frustrated with the phone for a while due to the lack of the toolbelt, it'll be like using a better version of the Q10 for me with more features and speed... But given there are no better alternatives in the Android market for my wants/needs in a smartphone, I'm sure I'll be fine with it...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    05-18-17 12:47 PM
    Because the PKB isn't Working with other launcher.
    Weird how many K1 users are saying they are using Nova Launcher just fine... You think they never type or something?

05-18-17 12:50 PM
    Stabilization is a joke? Weird how nobody else seems to have an issue, and in fact OIS is mainly important while shooting movies and the lack of OIS is only apparent while filming in 4k, while in 1080p the electronic IS is actually better than the competition (just watch the S8 vs K1 comparison on youtube)...

You can use any launcher you want, as long as you're ok with losing the keyboard shortcuts, but then, no other phone has keyboard shortcuts so no matter what the experience will never be worse than the competition in that regard. So don't get how you claim this phone is somehow less customizable than other Android phones.

And I've read that if you disable the hub it'll run smoother, so why not do that? The phones you compared it to don't have the hub, so again, you're only matching them, never going below. So if getting rid of the hub will resolve your performance issues, and will match the phones you have listed, then what will be the complaint after that?

And you can say scrolling with the keyboard is bad, but how does it compare with the competition? Oh what's that? Nobody else has scrolling by swiping on the physical keyboard? Hm, now there's a problem...

I'm sure coming from the Classic, I'll likely get frustrated with the phone for a while due to the lack of the toolbelt, it'll be like using a better version of the Q10 for me with more features and speed... But given there are no better alternatives in the Android market for my wants/needs in a smartphone, I'm sure I'll be fine with it...

Stabilization is not good, pointed out in many reviews and i compared it live to S8, Huawei P10 and iPhone..

With different launcher, you can't use shortcuts AND can't use the swipe on the PKB. And this is a good feature, but not how it is right now..

Disabled HUB and it wasn't much faster..

Just because it has no competition, it means it's fine with not working good?
    buwee likes this.
    05-18-17 01:02 PM
    Stabilization is not good, pointed out in many reviews and i compared it live to S8, Huawei P10 and iPhone..

With different launcher, you can't use shortcuts AND can't use the swipe on the PKB. And this is a good feature, but not how it is right now..

So, my wife a lawyer loves the new K1 and probably is on it more than any person I know and thinks it's way better than her Classic she dumped for it. That's easy considering the spec difference.
    Me, I have a Google Pixel (a flagship phone). I think the KEYone is right up there with it. Actually, I'm considering getting the KEYone and selling the Pixel. It seems KEYone can do anything my Pixel can and just about as fast.

You saw the speed test against S8 right? What excuse do you have for that?

So using and seeing both in action, none of your arguments seem valid especially without you providing proof of your concerns. Also considering all the great reviews as well out there. KEYone is a productivity phone than can also be used for fun and all the apps work perfectly.
    Is it for online gaming? NO, but that's not the target market.
    Besides, name one other PKB phone to compare it to?
    05-18-17 01:17 PM
    I don't have a KEYᵒⁿᵉ (yet) but regarding the scrolling issue the Priv scrolling with the pkb improved dramatically with software updates. I anticipate there will be software updates that bring improvements to the KEYᵒⁿᵉ.
    Another point to keep in mind regarding te placement of the power key etc. is that it takes a little time to get used to something that is a little differently designed. I find this every time I have rented a car. Things are placed in different places in different cars.
    The power key is on the left side of my PRIV as well, and I like it there.
    05-18-17 01:18 PM
    Guys i really don't want to speak bad about the KEYOne, if it's good for you - perfect. I'm jealous. I want that KEYOne too. I don't play games, i don't see much videos or other multimedia on my phone. It's for productivity on work.

App starting is faster than S8, yes. I'm not talking about that. I talk about the smoothness of the phone. It's hard to explain.. So lets just cut it here. I watch the KEYOne, cause i see every day one, and hope updates will fix it - then my mate and me are all in !

Greetings from germany
    05-18-17 02:31 PM
    More hyperbole about the k1 camera SMH....damn.

I feel sorry for BlackBerry truly.
    05-18-17 03:14 PM

Weird how many other people report different things then. And not saying that it's good because it has no competition, but you compare it to several other phones and deem it to be inferior. But none of them has keyboard shortcuts either, so if you use a different launcher and lose the shortcuts, then how is it still inferior to phones that also don't have them?

05-18-17 03:57 PM
    Weird how many other people report different things then. And not saying that it's good because it has no competition, but you compare it to several other phones and deem it to be inferior. But none of them has keyboard shortcuts either, so if you use a different launcher and lose the shortcuts, then how is it still inferior to phones that also don't have them?

If you lose the shortcut and the swipe feature i don't want to use this PKB. As someone other said in a threat, it's more than just a PKB it's a smart keyboard. I want to use this smart features.. And i only compare the smoothnes of other phones, i don't compare on the same level as keyboard for example.
    05-18-17 04:01 PM
    If you lose the shortcut and the swipe feature i don't want to use this PKB. As someone other said in a threat, it's more than just a PKB it's a smart keyboard. I want to use this smart features.. And i only compare the smoothnes of other phones, i don't compare on the same level as keyboard for example.
    Hey, if you say so. After so many speed tests that show the KEYone is just as quick as the competition, you can say "it just isn't don't know how to explain it, lawl" and that settles it for you, so hey, what can I say? I guess just make up your mind what you find more important and use what suits you best.

05-18-17 04:20 PM
    I hope they will issue updates post launch as more people get a chance to use it and troubleshoot these issues. Most new phones have updates right away as they might not have enough time to test it before launch. Review units notwithstanding since some are pre production units. Hopefully you find the ideal phone since you have alot of showstoppers.
    FF22 likes this.
    05-18-17 06:59 PM
    Hey, if you say so. After so many speed tests that show the KEYone is just as quick as the competition, you can say "it just isn't don't know how to explain it, lawl" and that settles it for you, so hey, what can I say? I guess just make up your mind what you find more important and use what suits you best.

Umm, those speed tests don't really show anything.

It's like one point in time.

I get what the op is saying because I owned the PRIV and the dtek50, and they had out of the box, "fast speeds" at opening apps loll.

It's like a generalized lag or stutter that happens now and then. The hub had a huge lag issue at one time I believe.

I have the s7 and I don't go around telling people it has no lag or that it's the fastest because I can tell from using it that it's not true, despite many videos depicting it's "speed" and benchmarks.

Having said that, I know for sure it will fall on deaf ears or maybe I should say delusional ears because I know for a fact the dtek50 was not fast at all, but people on Cb say it's comparable to apple or Samsungs SMH. Then when it's shown that there is actually a deficiency they'll say "oh but it's a mid tiered phone" ...

Anyway, use your phones and enjoy them as you will. It's like a mother telling her child don't worry you're beautiful to me when in fact theyre actually not lolll. But that doesn't matter, it's in the eye of the beholder.

Michael Fisher said the 625 keyone felt slower or not as smooth as the 625 moto z play...fyi
    05-18-17 08:55 PM
    Well other issues:
    - doesn't run smooth (other phones with same processor as huawei nova and z play are way faster - use them both)
    - spacebar feels very cheap
    - on/off button is hard to reach
    - as mentioned swiping in portrait mode sucks
    - display ist just OK
    - audio chip is pretty bad
    - you can't customise android as you want

For me, all together, serious problems. For others maybe not.
    You are using way too much hyperbole mate: "way faster", "sucks", "pretty bad", "can't customize", "very cheap"....

Why don't you just give us the facts, not 'alternate facts' or unsubstantiated opinions.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Insync; 05-19-17 at 05:09 AM.
    05-18-17 11:48 PM
    I don't have a KEYᵒⁿᵉ (yet) but regarding the scrolling issue the Priv scrolling with the pkb improved dramatically with software updates. I anticipate there will be software updates that bring improvements to the KEYᵒⁿᵉ.
    Another point to keep in mind regarding te placement of the power key etc. is that it takes a little time to get used to something that is a little differently designed. I find this every time I have rented a car. Things are placed in different places in different cars.
    The power key is on the left side of my PRIV as well, and I like it there.
    To be honest, today I appreciated the location of the power button. My phone was in a sleeve and I just slightly took it out to check the time. It was really hand as I didn't have to take the entire phone out.

Besides I'm also used to where it is now. I am one of the people who never complained why Samsung had their back and recent apps button the other way around. You just get used to it.
    05-19-17 03:10 AM

I get what the op is saying because I owned the PRIV and the dtek50, and they had out of the box, "fast speeds" at opening apps loll.

It's like a generalized lag or stutter that happens now and then. The hub had a huge lag issue at one time I believe.

I have the s7 and I don't go around telling people it has no lag or that it's the fastest because I can tell from using it that it's not true, despite many videos depicting it's "speed" and benchmarks.

Having said that, I know for sure it will fall on deaf ears or maybe I should say delusional ears because I know for a fact the dtek50 was not fast at all, but people on Cb say it's comparable to apple or Samsungs SMH. Then when it's shown that there is actually a deficiency they'll say "oh but it's a mid tiered phone" ...

Anyway, use your phones and enjoy them as you will. It's like a mother telling her child don't worry you're beautiful to me when in fact theyre actually not lolll. But that doesn't matter, it's in the eye of the beholder.

Michael Fisher said the 625 keyone felt slower or not as smooth as the 625 moto z play...fyi
    Exactly! Thank you.. It's hard to explain in english for me.
    And i use the KEYOne again, with different launcher, this weekend to test it. For now - its so laggy and stutter..
    Last edited by MrBundy; 05-19-17 at 07:37 AM.
    05-19-17 06:49 AM
    You are using way too much hyperbole mate: "way faster", "sucks", "pretty bad", "can't customize", "very cheap"....

Why don't you just give us the facts, not 'alternate facts' or unsubstantiated opinions.

Posted via CB10
    I'm german so this is not my first language.. And this thread is about my opinion and feels about the KEYOne. It say's in the title "(for me)"
    05-19-17 06:50 AM
    I have a question about this now, with these issues with swiping, can you turn keyboard swiping off in the Settings?
    05-19-17 08:19 AM

And when did I claim that it had no lag? Wasn't I the one that suggested for him to get rid of the Hub if he wanted to make it smoother because from what I've read that is the major resource hog in the BB-Android OS? How can it make it smoother if I'm claiming it had no lag? I'm so confused...
    05-19-17 09:34 AM
    It could just be a you problem have you tried to restart the phone or check for app store updates

Posted via CB10
    05-19-17 09:38 AM
    And when did I claim that it had no lag? Wasn't I the one that suggested for him to get rid of the Hub if he wanted to make it smoother because from what I've read that is the major resource hog in the BB-Android OS? How can it make it smoother if I'm claiming it had no lag? I'm so confused...
    Turned off Hub and installed different launcher.. Still lags and not smooth
    05-20-17 01:06 PM
    It could just be a you problem have you tried to restart the phone or check for app store updates

Posted via CB10
    Everything up to date
    05-20-17 01:06 PM
49 12