Every day I love my KeyOne and those Google apps - but for some reason my phone lags as I wait for Google Chrome to respond. I wonder what is happening? I'm willing to return to my BlackBerry Passport - without the multitude of apps - for a world of simplicity and reliability, free from those pesty adverts. BlackBerry please help us!!
    12-05-17 05:32 PM
    Every day I love my KeyOne and those Google apps - but for some reason my phone lags as I wait for Google Chrome to respond. I wonder what is happening? I'm willing to return to my BlackBerry Passport - without the multitude of apps - for a world of simplicity and reliability, free from those pesty adverts. BlackBerry please help us!!
    That should not be happening. How long have you had the device? What sort of apps do you have on it? Are any of them antivirus or cleaner apps (if so remove those). And lastly, have you ever cleared your cache (settings > storage >internal> and click on cached data to clear)? Sometimes when cache builds up, it leads to corrupt files which can cause slow down. Do this followed by a reboot and see if that helps.
    12-05-17 05:36 PM
    thank you
    I'll give it a whirl
    had the unit for four months
    12-05-17 06:38 PM
    I find the latest Firefox to be preferable to Chrome, give it a whirl and see what you think.
    12-05-17 07:02 PM
    I tossed out chrome. giving MS edge a try.
    I'll test out Firefox next
    Thanks man
    12-05-17 07:09 PM
    Chrome wasn't your problem.
    12-05-17 07:20 PM
    No its not chrome. if you haven't cleared cache in 4 months, that's likely your issue.
    12-05-17 07:24 PM
    thank you
    I'll give it a whirl
    had the unit for four months
    This will definetly change things for you if you have never cleared cache in 4 months. I typically clear it every couple of weeks around 1 gig. Yours will likely be much higher then 1 gig after 4 months.
    12-05-17 07:27 PM
    chrome typically is the leanest of these browsers. edge may be leaner but usually more annoying.
    12-05-17 07:45 PM
    Firefox edge chrome brave all use the same webview engine. they all feel about the same with the exception of brave cause it doesn't load tracking or ads. if there was a way to build a browser that uses a non webview engine and it's own that would be sweet. but anyway your problem most likely is the cache. like stated above you can clear all the system cache or an app to app basis. I'd clear the apps cache and see if the issue is still there before I just flush the system cache to see if that is the problem or not.
    12-05-17 09:18 PM