Has anyone switched from Blackberry Apps (hub, calendar, contacts) to Google ones (gmail or inbox, google contacts, google contacts) and noticed any improvements in overall performance ?
    olee2222 likes this.
    09-13-17 07:00 PM
    I use Google calendar instead of BlackBerry Calendar, that's about it.
    09-13-17 10:20 PM
    I find using the Google apps a good practice overall. They can be used on all platforms without any fuss.
    The HUB I disabled completely. It uses too much resources and also find it too cluttered.
    phuoc likes this.
    09-14-17 07:06 AM
    I love BB contacts app for 2 features. Allowing me to forward all calls from a specific contact to voicemail without outright blocking that contact, and adding local businesses to my contacts lists by simply searching it within the app and it fills it automatically with the address, phone, etc.
    09-14-17 11:27 AM
    I'm using Google calendar until BB Calendar gets text-in-month-view that the dev said will be debuting by year-end. I'll give BB calendar another try when that happens.

Hub is wonderful! And it's not cluttered because I do all my social media via Chrome and not the apps. If I used the apps, I would disable them in Hub anyway. For me, hub is just for email, txts, and other messages like Skype and FB Messenger Lite.

My phone runs buttery smooth with how I have it set up! For me, it's the smoothest phone experience so far.
    09-14-17 11:31 AM
    I find using the Google apps a good practice overall. They can be used on all platforms without any fuss.
    The HUB I disabled completely. It uses too much resources and also find it too cluttered.
    Thats what everyone keeps saying but to experiment I had both the hub and gmail app running. Both set up same way in terms of notifications and refresh etc.

The gmail app was using 25mb while hub was using 15mb and I have hub for not just emails but calls and texts too.
    Last edited by Toni_1990; 09-18-17 at 01:40 AM.
    09-18-17 01:22 AM
    I'm using Google calendar until BB Calendar gets text-in-month-view that the dev said will be debuting by year-end. I'll give BB calendar another try when that happens.

Hub is wonderful! And it's not cluttered because I do all my social media via Chrome and not the apps. If I used the apps, I would disable them in Hub anyway. For me, hub is just for email, txts, and other messages like Skype and FB Messenger Lite.

My phone runs buttery smooth with how I have it set up! For me, it's the smoothest phone experience so far.
    Can you source about where the Dev said the month view will get text in month view by year end?
    11-08-17 10:02 PM
    Can you source about where the Dev said the month view will get text in month view by year end?
    Search for the thread "text in month view" in the Hub+ forums
    11-08-17 10:58 PM
    I used the Priv before, and on the Priv I had to disable all Blackberry apps, they were too much of a resource hog.

Now I use:
    Gmail native from Google (simply the fastest)
    Contacts+ (calls, dialer, sms)
    Google Calendar
    Todoist (tasks)
    Microsoft OneDrive (notes)

I mainly use Google Calendar because my corporate account uses Nine, which shows both personal and work calendar in Google Calendar (but not in other apps).

So, in the end I don't use any of the BlackBerry apps, I wonder why they even bother with developments.
    11-09-17 12:55 PM
    I️ used the BlackBerry suite vs The suite that came with my Samsung . Much better but overall I️ agree that Google apps are fine. The BlackBerry VKB is still really good.
    olee2222 likes this.
    11-09-17 01:04 PM
    I used the Priv before, and on the Priv I had to disable all Blackberry apps, they were too much of a resource hog.

Now I use:
    Gmail native from Google (simply the fastest)
    Contacts+ (calls, dialer, sms)
    Google Calendar
    Todoist (tasks)
    Microsoft OneDrive (notes)

I mainly use Google Calendar because my corporate account uses Nine, which shows both personal and work calendar in Google Calendar (but not in other apps).

So, in the end I don't use any of the BlackBerry apps, I wonder why they even bother with developments.
    I wonder why some people even bother buying a BlackBerry.

I'm still on BB10 and it still does what I need. But there is no question that when I make my move eventually, I will absolutely need the Hub on my device. In fact, this will probably be the main reason for my next phone purchase being a BlackBerry, so that it comes with a completely 'prepaid' version of what is, in my opinion, when it comes to productivity, the most valuable software that I could have on a mobile device.
    rayporsche likes this.
    11-09-17 01:05 PM
    don't use any of both because not foss
    11-09-17 01:22 PM
    I️ used the BlackBerry suite vs The suite that came with my Samsung . Much better but overall I️ agree that Google apps are fine. The BlackBerry VKB is still really good.
    I also love the BlackBerry VKB!

My wife has a Samsung S7 edge, and I had installed the BlackBerry VKB for her, she loves it, much better then Swiftkey, Samsung, Google VKB.
    11-09-17 03:15 PM
    I use Google calendar instead of BlackBerry Calendar, that's about it.
    Same as above.

Google Calendar is better compared to others, to me. Otherwise I use the HUB and the apps in.
    11-09-17 06:43 PM
    I am trying the Google Calendar for they show Reminders. Only two days in.
    11-14-17 09:57 PM
    Yes. I did it and saw speed improvements. However, once I reinstalled the BlackBerry stuff I noticed it ran much better than before. So I think if u uninstall and reinstall you'll be just fine.

Also you have to optimize the phone right to ensure battery life and RAM usage. Go into each app and mack sure background tasks are off on most things except Maps, etc. This will cut down on ram usage and improve speed of phone.

These two things have made my phone run smooth.
    11-15-17 12:33 AM
    I love the layouts and such of BlackBerry's apps. "Marshmallow style" Material design is so much more professional (and imo pleasing to look at and use) than the new Nougat/Oreo round kiddy mess. They also have more features and better layouts with added BlackBerry stuff. I don't use the BlackBerry calendar app, tho. Text in month is gonna be great! Hub is amazing to use for me, especially for managing the ever growing number of meme chats I'm getting added to and parties I plan.
    Byrese likes this.
    11-17-17 01:49 PM
    I love the layouts and such of BlackBerry's apps. "Marshmallow style" Material design is so much more professional (and imo pleasing to look at and use) than the new Nougat/Oreo round kiddy mess. They also have more features and better layouts with added BlackBerry stuff. I don't use the BlackBerry calendar app, tho. Text in month is gonna be great! Hub is amazing to use for me, especially for managing the ever growing number of meme chats I'm getting added to and parties I plan.
    What is text in month?
    11-17-17 02:20 PM
    What is text in month?
    It's where it lists the events happening on the day. Now it just shows dots on the day in month view.
    Byrese likes this.
    11-17-17 03:01 PM
    I love BB contacts app for 2 features. . . . . . adding local businesses to my contacts lists by simply searching it within the app and it fills it automatically with the address, phone, etc.
    You are speaking of BB Contacts on BlackBerry Android correct?

I am not familiar with this feature but it sounds awesome. How do you use it or enable it?
    02-11-18 03:06 PM