Given the recent malware infections with Google Playstore apps, what is everyone doing to protect themselves? Antivirus? Is there a utility that can monitor the phone's cpu, internet traffic sorted by app?

Its a scary world out there and try to download apps that are made from verified developers. No games. But i dont know what i dont know.

Whats everyone doing?
    11-20-17 01:56 PM
    You don't need anything.

Between Play Protect, and Integrity Detection, you should be fine with Play Store on BlackBerry Android.
    11-20-17 02:03 PM
    What recent infections?

Usually when you see this it's Apps that most of us wouldn't install anyway. Between Google Play's new scanning features and the BlackBerry DTEK app, you should be fine.
    11-20-17 02:03 PM
    System2, a comprehensive resource monitor in the Play store.

Shows all resources used, in real time, including power consumption per allocation, in a graphics chart main interface.

Highly recommended. Really an essential, when it comes to understanding the device. It'll tell you why.

What it isn't, is Anti-Malware, take your pick, there's a bunch. Kaspersky? Malwarebytes?

DTEK, any Anti-Malware+Antivirus, and a resource monitor, will provide a pretty good , comprehensive layer of protection.
    11-20-17 03:50 PM
    System2, a comprehensive resource monitor in the Play store.

Shows all resources used, in real time, including power consumption per allocation, in a graphics chart main interface.

Highly recommended. Really an essential, when it comes to understanding the device. It'll tell you why.

What it isn't, is Anti-Malware, take your pick, there's a bunch. Kaspersky? Malwarebytes?

DTEK, any Anti-Malware+Antivirus, and a resource monitor, will provide a pretty good , comprehensive layer of protection.
    Anti-malware and anti-virus are essentially useless. They have no system access or elevated privileges anyway - so they can't really detect a thing that matters. Nor could they do anything about it either.

I also don't recommend other system monitoring apps. They simply consume resources without any real benefit.
    11-20-17 04:19 PM
    I also don't recommend other system monitoring apps. They simply consume resources without any real benefit.
    I never understood folks who want to install an app, which uses resources, to help control/reduce resource usage. Derp!
    Flatman and Dunt Dunt Dunt like this.
    11-21-17 08:14 PM
    I never understood folks who want to install an app, which uses resources, to help control/reduce resource usage. Derp!
    They are the same people that refuse to use Android device because of The Evil Google but will use various Android/Google apps etc claim BB10 superiority......
    11-21-17 08:18 PM
    I wouldn't use any Kaspersky products at this point if you have read the news lately.
    11-21-17 08:23 PM
    I agree on Kaspersky. I got rid of it on my computers 10 years ago.
    11-21-17 09:01 PM
    Given the recent malware infections with Google Playstore apps, what is everyone doing to protect themselves? Antivirus? Is there a utility that can monitor the phone's cpu, internet traffic sorted by app?

Its a scary world out there and try to download apps that are made from verified developers. No games. But i dont know what i dont know.

Whats everyone doing?
    I fell for a phish attack and tried to open a word file. It would not open and asked to be on the root.

I then tried to open it on my desktop and my AV threw a red alert: TROJAN.

To be safe a did a factory reset on my PRIV and a did a clean reinstall of Windows on the desktop.

I don't think that was necessary on the PRIV. I was less confident about the desktop. Anyway,the fresh installs are working better but that may not have anything to do with the Trojan.
    11-21-17 09:08 PM
    The best you can do is to only download known and needed apps by following the Google Play link from the developer's website.

Everything else is up to Google.
    11-22-17 12:34 PM
    Google Play Store is a malware itself with the well known ... Google Play Services lol
    11-23-17 04:42 AM
    These software just like you paid for banking service fees, which helps to serve you better? LoL.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-17 07:51 AM