So after updating my keyone to oreo my Google play store is not updating any of my apps and I can't download anything new. Tired clearing data and cache and restarting but still no fix. Also tried disconnecting WiFi and cellular data and nothing.

Anyone else having this issue after Oreo update or ideas how to fix?
    Luniz likes this.
    08-17-18 10:33 AM
    maybe stop Google play services and stop Google play store clear both and data turn phone off and on then enable both . goto download an app if it fails reboot and should then work
    08-17-18 11:55 AM
    Thanks Dave for the response. Just tried that and it didn't work. It continues to be stuck on downloading.... for updates and app downloads.

I am also not getting notifications right away like emails. It's weird, not sure what the problem is???
    08-17-18 12:51 PM
    Was working fine before the oreo update and now it's not. I think oreo triggered something just don't know where and how to fix this. Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated.
    08-17-18 02:00 PM
    Is there any error messages that appear?
    08-17-18 02:06 PM
    None. Just says "downloading...." and the other updates "download pending...."
    08-17-18 02:30 PM
    None. Just says "downloading...." and the other updates "download pending...."
    Did the same for me. Just minimize the app store and go about doing something else. In a few minutes go back & check. For me everything was updated.
    08-17-18 03:07 PM
    So after updating my keyone to oreo my Google play store is not updating any of my apps and I can't download anything new. Tired clearing data and cache and restarting but still no fix. Also tried disconnecting WiFi and cellular data and nothing.

Anyone else having this issue after Oreo update or ideas how to fix?
    You need to check the background apps authorisation and I just Google Play and Google Play services including Google Play store to be allowed to run in the background
    08-17-18 03:27 PM
    In addition to the above, Battery Saver mode can also interfere with app updates.
    anon(4297019) likes this.
    08-17-18 03:46 PM
    maybe u have to do a clean install? did u wipe the phone
    08-17-18 03:50 PM
    Trying to avoid doing a factory reset if possible.

I've also been noticing that my network connection changes from LTE to LTE+ all the time. My battery saver mode is off and I have everything running in the background. Still nothing...
    08-17-18 05:54 PM
    hmmmm very odd tbh have you signed out and into Google accounts ? if not try that as in just wipe your Google account and see if that kicks it's arse into gear bud ....just a thought
    08-17-18 07:03 PM
    hmmmm very odd tbh have you signed out and into Google accounts ? if not try that as in just wipe your Google account and see if that kicks it's arse into gear bud ....just a thought
    Dave that did the trick! You're a genius! Thanks guys for all your help!
    Dave Chalton likes this.
    08-17-18 08:27 PM
    your welcome buddy glad your back in the game
    08-18-18 04:45 AM
    Dave that did the trick! You're a genius! Thanks guys for all your help!
    Did you have to sign in/sign out of Google or delete/re-add Google?
    08-18-18 08:16 AM
    Did you have to sign in/sign out of Google or delete/re-add Google?
    I didn't delete it...I just signed out and then back in
    08-18-18 08:18 AM
    Thank you.
    08-18-18 08:36 AM
    So I have moved to Oreo last week and my apps won't update. As with MBistro above, it just says "downloading...." and the other updates "download pending...." And nothing happens. As suggested I have tried signing in/out from my Google accounts but no success so far. Any ideas are welcome.
    09-03-18 08:25 PM
    Hey, how did u do that? i have not found a log out option - i deleted it but have still the same problem!
    09-22-18 08:05 AM
    This is a known Oreo problem since last year. It appears to sit on downloading on my device for longer periods than before and then status load is quick and install appears normal. Seems to be more cosmetic difference but app download/install process seems bit slower. 32 second reboot seemed to help me.
    So I have moved to Oreo last week and my apps won't update. As with MBistro above, it just says "downloading...." and the other updates "download pending...." And nothing happens. As suggested I have tried signing in/out from my Google accounts but no success so far. Any ideas are welcome.
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    09-22-18 08:17 AM
    Excuse my ignorance. When you say sign out of Google accounts, what do you mean?
    09-22-18 12:31 PM
    also interested how to log out. it takes my phone all day to download two updates. if I reboot and try updates it does 2 or 3 then back to the same.
    09-22-18 01:16 PM
    Same downloads pending issue after oreo update. .. Could anyone help in posting the solution! Clearing cache and data did not help.
    09-23-18 06:57 AM
    also interested how to log out. it takes my phone all day to download two updates. if I reboot and try updates it does 2 or 3 then back to the same.
    Seeing that no one has replied about how to log out of Google, I did some digging. Apparently the only way is Settings>Accounts, then select Google and remove your account. Then re add it. Haven’t tried it yet.
    rolfep likes this.
    09-23-18 11:07 AM
    This is a known Oreo problem since last year. It appears to sit on downloading on my device for longer periods than before and then status load is quick and install appears normal. Seems to be more cosmetic difference but app download/install process seems bit slower. 32 second reboot seemed to help me.
    32 second reboot solved the issue for Mrs B.
    10-07-18 09:39 AM
39 12