01-06-19 09:04 PM
156 ... 567
tools
    Uninstall what? If you mean wipe my phone and start all over again, no. I would not want to do that unless it's a last case resort!
    I believe it is suggested to uninstall google pay app
    12-02-18 01:05 PM
    it works!!

I took the advice of a previous poster and got myself a new regular sim card to replace the older "nfc suretap" sim card that was in the phone previously and now Google Pay works perfectly again!

The old sim card worked fine with google pay until the update to Oreo which means Google likely no longer wanted the App to work with special sim cards.

I'm just happy everything works again for me!
    Or they just forgot
    12-02-18 01:08 PM
    I was at an amusement park over the Thanksgiving weekend with the family and wanted to use the Google pay on my phone. The first attempt did not work. That's when my Daughter asked if I had the WiFi was turn on... Ok, figured what do i have to loss. Turn off and tried again....It work with no issues. Used my phone the rest of the day to pay items and drinks.....
    12-02-18 05:46 PM
    Changing my Sim fixed my "phone moved too early" error with Google pay immediately without anything else. I am using an unlocked Rogers keyOne. Great troubleshooting.
    I just did the same thing on AT&T Prepaid and now my GPay works. My sim was probably 5.5 years old.

Nice to have the functionality back.
    12-03-18 11:22 AM
    Have first release KeyONE. Never could get Google Pay to work, always getting "moved phone too early" message no matter what I did. Found this discussion and swapped my older SIM to current T-Mobile version just to eliminate that as a possible cause. I wasn't really expecting that to be the cause, but after installing the new SIM, Google Pay suddenly works. Evidently, SIMs that are more than a couple years old may be incompatible, although service providers may not be aware of this.
    12-18-18 09:43 PM
    Hey all,

Happy new year! I originally started this thread. Just wanted to post a quick update.

I never did manage to get Google pay working on my Key1. I ended up selling it months ago and got a Priv. While slow and clunky, I really developed a liking for the Priv 's great display. And Google pay worked without a problem too.

Anyway I recently bought a black Key2 and it's working great including Google Pay.

Still have the Priv as a backup, and doubt I will get rid of it. Of all the Blackberries I owed as a backup, the Priv is my favorite 'backup'.

For anyone who was thinking about getting a Key2, do it.. You will enjoy the phone.
    01-06-19 09:04 PM
156 ... 567