I have the same problem with BlackBerry key 2 with oreo 8.1. No payment with NFC are possible. I'm waiting reponse from BlackBerry support
    10-03-18 01:45 PM
    I used it on my Oreo KeyOne couple weeks ago and it worked seemlessly. And very quick.
    10-04-18 06:03 PM
    I used it on my Oreo KeyOne couple weeks ago and it worked seemlessly. And very quick.
    Is your KEYOne a Beta OS/Uncertified device?
    10-04-18 10:46 PM
    Alright, so I just received a brand new KeyOne black from blackberry on warranty and set up the phone with a fresh start. I installed and set up google pay and everything seemed alright until I went to the store and tried to use it. once again, it would say error on the stores machine. Clearly this seems to be a serious software glitch that needs to be rectified asap because this happened on a brand new device that's never been set up before! There's no excuse for this.
    terminatorx likes this.
    10-07-18 12:40 AM
    Alright, so I just received a brand new KeyOne black from blackberry on warranty and set up the phone with a fresh start. I installed and set up google pay and everything seemed alright until I went to the store and tried to use it. once again, it would say error on the stores machine. Clearly this seems to be a serious software glitch that needs to be rectified asap because this happened on a brand new device that's never been set up before! There's no excuse for this.
    The problem appears to be with other brands as well going to Oreo upgrade from Nougat. This would suggest problem on Google Android side?
    10-07-18 03:00 PM
    The problem appears to be with other brands as well going to Oreo upgrade from Nougat. This would suggest problem on Google Android side?
    That appears to be the case from my own checking also. I've come across posts online about OnePlus and Samsung Galaxy owners having issues since upgrading to Oreo as well.

No wonder people jump ship sometimes and switch to iPhone.
    10-08-18 02:24 PM
    That appears to be the case from my own checking also. I've come across posts online about OnePlus and Samsung Galaxy owners having issues since upgrading to Oreo as well.

No wonder people jump ship sometimes and switch to iPhone.
    Google Pay works fine on my Samsung S7... before and after OREO.

It's one thing to find a few (even hundreds) of post where people are having issues, it's another thing to assume it is a wide spread issue (when there are hundreds of millions of Galaxy phones).

Now OnePlus... uses the custom OxygenOS, I can see their users having issue. Being that its developed by Chinese smartphone manufacturer Oppo, and has been caught sending data home. I can see how it might not be certified....
    10-08-18 02:34 PM
    Had the Google pay issue since update to oreo. Turns out my sim was a contactless Type like the ones that run vodafone wallet.

They switch my sim to a standard sim and google pay work instantly. Worth looking into.
    psychofox13 likes this.
    10-09-18 02:09 AM
    Interesting. I have a contact pay Sim in my and android pay stopped working. I should give this a shot.
    psychofox13 likes this.
    10-09-18 10:05 AM
    Is your KEYOne a Beta OS/Uncertified device?
    Nope. Official unlocked OTA upgrade
    10-11-18 02:29 AM
    Nope. Official unlocked OTA upgrade
    Interesting. Did further testing today. My wife’s KEYone is on official release Oreo/certified and Google Pay worked as advertised.
    My device on beta Oreo/uncertified did not.
    I’ll wait and see once my KEYone gets official release, which I assume will certify my device.
    10-17-18 10:57 AM
    Sign out of your Google account, clear Play Store data, and then sign back in.
    I can't even figure out how to sign out of my Google account!
    10-17-18 11:49 AM
    and new update came out today. I'll have to see if there's any improvement
    10-17-18 05:14 PM
    and new update came out today. I'll have to see if there's any improvement
    Somehow I doubt it, if your device is uncertified.
    10-17-18 05:30 PM
    Somehow I doubt it, if your device is uncertified.
    My device is certified and has been since the whole time yet it still doesn't work
    10-17-18 05:33 PM
    My device is certified and has been since the whole time yet it still doesn't work
    Did you try clearing data & cache, force stopping, and uninstall, reinstall? Just a thought.
    10-17-18 06:08 PM
    Did you try clearing data & cache, force stopping, and uninstall, reinstall? Just a thought.
    Oh yes! I even got a brand new KeyOne under warranty two weeks ago and same issue. It's clearly a google or BlackBerry issue.
    10-17-18 06:14 PM
    Oh yes! I even got a brand new KeyOne under warranty two weeks ago and same issue. It's clearly a google or BlackBerry issue.
    Time to contact Google I guess, and see what they say.
    I'd start there, considering you have a certified device. I have a certified device that works, so I'd assume the issue is on Google's end.
    10-17-18 06:20 PM
    it works!!

I took the advice of a previous poster and got myself a new regular sim card to replace the older "nfc suretap" sim card that was in the phone previously and now Google Pay works perfectly again!

The old sim card worked fine with google pay until the update to Oreo which means Google likely no longer wanted the App to work with special sim cards.

I'm just happy everything works again for me!
    Last edited by stefman722; 10-19-18 at 11:43 PM.
    10-19-18 09:15 PM
    it works!!

I took the advice of a previous poster and got a new sim card to replace the older "nfc suretap" sim card that was in the phone and now Google Pay works perfectly again!

the old sim card worked fine until the update to Oreo which means Google likely no wanted the App to work with special types of sim cards.

I'm just happy everything works again!
    Interesting, have 2 identically configured devices. Both activated at the same time with carrier sims.
    One device on release OS, on which Google Pay works, and one on beta OS, which doesn’t.
    In this case I don’t think it’s sim related.
    10-19-18 11:39 PM
    I just got Orea less than a week ago. seems to work for me. try removing your payment cards and then removing the app... then re-installing the app and re-adding your cards?
    10-22-18 02:33 PM
    I just got Orea less than a week ago. seems to work for me. try removing your payment cards and then removing the app... then re-installing the app and re-adding your cards?
    The issue appears to affect only a subset of K1. In my case the Black Edition PRD *039.

I installed abg366 patch via an autoloader, and ever since that my K1 shows as not certified in Google Play Store. In this state it isn't possible to add any cards in Google Pay.

Anyone else with a black edition BBB100-1 PRD -039 unable to use Google Pay?
    10-22-18 06:22 PM
    No responses to my query but no problem. I got rid of my keyone and am now using a priv. Yeah a small step back, but it's a nice phone and at least the Google pay works.

I'll probably get a key2 at some point. I came close to getting a pixel, but I just couldn't do it. The lack of SD card slot and headphone jack is a deal killer. I still prefer the blackberry ecosystem of hub and keyboard.

For now the priv works well. The only major annoyance is the Bluetooth performance sucks, but it is what it is. Back to using headphones more often.
    11-07-18 08:49 PM
    Changing my Sim fixed my "phone moved too early" error with Google pay immediately without anything else. I am using an unlocked Rogers keyOne. Great troubleshooting.
    11-29-18 08:59 PM
    Finally received “Release” OS update on Friday. No longer on Beta release.
    My locked to Rogers device is now once again showing as Certified and I can confirm that Google Pay is now working once again.
    12-02-18 11:11 AM
156 ... 4567