To me this just may be another nail in in the BBMo/Blackberry coffin. Along with the other issues many have been having with the Key² the fact that I/we have spent (some think over spent) hard earned money on a BlackBerry to get the FULL Android features and services others have with different brands of phones.
    Now we have just learned we have Android crippled phones. Not good!
    BBMo needs to get this fixed ASAP or admit publicly to all buyers that this will not be resolved and offer full refunds.
    09-27-18 09:41 AM
    To me this just may be another nail in in the BBMo/Blackberry coffin. Along with the other issues many have been having with the Key² the fact that I/we have spent (some think over spent) hard earned money on a BlackBerry to get the FULL Android features and services others have with different brands of phones.
    Now we have just learned we have Android crippled phones. Not good!
    BBMo needs to get this fixed ASAP or admit publicly to all buyers that this will not be resolved and offer full refunds.
    There you go again. Google pay is garbage. It's constantly getting broken on many devices. Samsung - the largest Android oem - has its own pay app. I wonder why? Lol.

Google owns Android and it's their app. They should be the ones to ensure Android pay works. It's like BlackBerry blaming Google if the Hub doesn't work on a Pixel. What does BlackBerry do? They fix their app, or they lose the customer.

I suggest anyone have this issue use their bank app instead, which will probably works fine for a few versions of Android back...let alone Oreo.

And you will have the added bonus of Google not having as granular a view of your payment activities...
    09-27-18 10:05 AM
    Me too same issuse
    09-27-18 10:08 AM
    Don't bother with a Factory wipe. It's a longshot it would even help. I did one and it didn't do jack.

I even installed the latest test autoloader which brought my KEYone to ABG366, thinking this might correct the issue. But it broke my device further as now it's showing as not certified, and I can't add any cards either.
    Thanks. I found out that most likely HCE is broken completely. I have an RFID door lock which is basically a NFC reader, and when I start a HCE app on my keyONE, nothing happens. On my wife's Z3 compact (on Android 6), the lock beeps and shows the red "not authorized" light. This ties in with my other NFC payment app (Glase) not working either.

So BB - the great software company - has to fix their code around HCE. Hope it won't take as long as getting Oreo in the first place.

PRD-63117-011
    09-27-18 10:49 AM
    So if all the Oreo-Blackberrys will lose their certificate, will we still be able to get security patches and updates for Android apps?
    09-27-18 02:01 PM
    So if all the Oreo-Blackberrys will lose their certificate, will we still be able to get security patches and updates for Android apps?
    BBMo releases the security updates. It's also up to BBMo to make sure their updates are certified. You should still get app updates, however some apps that require certifications may not work.

On a related note: my Google Pay works just fine and I'm on Oreo. BBB100-1, PRD -001.
    09-27-18 02:46 PM
    I have just gone through a very long winded phone call is Google support regarding Google Play and Google pay running on Android Blackberry Oreo.
    Going forward Google Play certification will be withdrawn from all Blackberry Oreo devices over the next few days or weeks Google pay will cease to work on all NFC on such devices.
    There are no plans for Google to get this sorted out with BlackBerry, Blackberry have said nothing on the subject and nor has BlackBerrymobile.
    Tech support at Google say it is breach of security protocols and yet when you run anything that relies on non rooted phones that checks rooted status it all reports as non rooted.
    There is something in BlackBerry security settings at that is preventing Google from doing something so they have withdrawn certification.
    Probably Google spyware.
    Google techcrunch say what the problem is or what they are trying to do that is blocked so there's no way of Us setting the thing up correctly without that information.
    Is this true? If so this is a major issue with me and will make me switch from BB
    09-27-18 03:30 PM
    Thanks. I found out that most likely HCE is broken completely. I have an RFID door lock which is basically a NFC reader, and when I start a HCE app on my keyONE, nothing happens. On my wife's Z3 compact (on Android 6), the lock beeps and shows the red "not authorized" light. This ties in with my other NFC payment app (Glase) not working either.

So BB - the great software company - has to fix their code around HCE. Hope it won't take as long as getting Oreo in the first place.

PRD-63117-011
    Another reason why I think they should throw in the towel on Android Secure... they don't have enough users to justify the cost of this program.

I'd rather see BBMo continue with PKB phones and the BlackBerry name with Android One. Then see them end the whole BBMo program...

I doubt anyone else will pickup where TCL leaves off....
    09-27-18 03:45 PM
    all, there's this thing made of plastic, it's a credit card..-the one connected to Google Pay- works without fail at all locations.😁 I used Google Pay once, then Oreo came and stopped worrying about it..
    09-27-18 04:05 PM
    I'm using an unlocked Keyone BBB100-1 PRD-63116-001 Silver Edition on T-Mobile upgraded from Nougat to Oreo 8.1 and just made a purchase with Pay version 2.74.212360432
    Updated September 18, 2018
    09-27-18 04:17 PM
    I'm using an unlocked Keyone BBB100-1 PRD-63116-001 Silver Edition on T-Mobile upgraded from Nougat to Oreo 8.1 and just made a purchase with Pay version 2.74.212360432
    Updated September 18, 2018
    I have a black edition BBB100-1 but PRD -039. Currently showing as not certified with ABG366, but showed as certified on ABD766. In either case, Google Pay never worked since the phone updated to Oreo.

What a mess.
    09-27-18 04:36 PM
    Mine worked at Walgreens the other night with my Balance Rewards card...first time I've use Google Pay since Oreo update. Haven't actually tried paying for something with it though, so can't speak to that.
    09-28-18 08:17 AM
    Screw Google pay. I use my bank app for my credit card and set that as my default payment method. Works better anyway!
    Out of curiosity what banking app do you use. I use RBC Wallet and it worked wonderfully until I moved to Oreo. Then it stopped working and everything I have tried has not resolved the issue.
    09-28-18 10:32 AM
    Out of curiosity what banking app do you use. I use RBC Wallet and it worked wonderfully until I moved to Oreo. Then it stopped working and everything I have tried has not resolved the issue.
    I use Scotiabank linked to Visa. One thing that may help is to ensure your banking app is set as your default payment method (go to Settings and search 'pay' and a tap and pay menu should pop up - only one payment option can be selected at a time).
    09-28-18 12:34 PM
    A new Google Pay update just rolled out. Anyone try it yet?
    09-28-18 05:07 PM
    I didn't get any such update.
    09-28-18 05:41 PM
    Nothing here. Not holding my breath, as I have an uncertified device.
    09-28-18 09:36 PM
    Just got ABG366 to BBB100-2 qwertz version and my card is now added to Google Pay account and Google Play says that the device is certified.
    09-29-18 08:42 AM
    Google Pay is working now after the last app update a couple of days ago. Yeah!
    10-01-18 10:12 PM
    Google Pay is working now after the last app update a couple of days ago. Yeah!
    Google pay for me shows it was last updated on September 13th lol you a part of beta? Cuz it's still broken for me.
    10-01-18 10:19 PM
    Google pay for me shows it was last updated on September 13th lol you a part of beta? Cuz it's still broken for me.
    No, I'm not part of any beta. The Google Pay version I got was updated on September 27 and is Version 2.75.214349949.

Everything works perfectly now. I noticed how fast it actually is. Also, with my KEYone I had to actually touch the phone to the terminal. Now on my KEY2 it picks it up from a half-inch away!
    10-02-18 06:59 AM
    No, I'm not part of any beta. The Google Pay version I got was updated on September 27 and is Version 2.75.214349949.

Everything works perfectly now. I noticed how fast it actually is. Also, with my KEYone I had to actually touch the phone to the terminal. Now on my KEY2 it picks it up from a half-inch away!
    Oh you're on the keytwo? This is on the keyone forum lol might be why there's a different version available to you?

And I checked my version and it's an older release than yours, but it's the one available to me on the play store. Odd.

UPDATE: speak of the devil, I just got google pay updated to the new version today. Weird. I'll try to see if it works
    Last edited by stefman722; 10-02-18 at 03:26 PM.
    10-02-18 09:14 AM
    Just received today an update to Google Pay. Ver # 2.74.212360432 dated September 12
    Hesitant to try while travelling out of Canada. Can anyone confirm if it now works on “Uncertified/Beta OS devices?
    10-02-18 04:32 PM
    Just received today an update to Google Pay. Ver # 2.74.212360432 dated September 12
    Hesitant to try while travelling out of Canada. Can anyone confirm if it now works on “Uncertified/Beta OS devices?
    There is a newer version dated end of September. I just got this today. It seems for some reason updates aren't put out at the same as everyone. Read a few posts above the one you just made. It's very odd.
    10-02-18 10:09 PM
    There is a newer version dated end of September. I just got this today. It seems for some reason updates aren't put out at the same as everyone. Read a few posts above the one you just made. It's very odd.
    Yes but, it does not state clearly if these were "Uncertified/Beta OS" devices.
    10-02-18 11:11 PM
156 ... 34567