Wth, I installed the last update that was pushed out to my Telus KEYone, and I can no longer make a transaction on Google Pay.

I tried my debit, a visa and a Mc. All fail consistently on multiple terminals at different stores.

Is anyone else experiencing an issue? I used google pay successfully before this latest update.
    08-18-18 03:06 PM
    Yes, it's broken. I did submit a log to BlackBerry during the beta that it broke. They opened up a ticket but they never fixed it before the launch to the general public. No clue why they would do this.
    terminatorx likes this.
    08-18-18 03:26 PM
    Did you try to uninstall, 32 second reboot and reinstall? I have been using Gpay daily during the beta without issue. did start with a clean install and reload of all apps, thus mY suggestion. FYI on Rogers in GTA
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    08-18-18 03:45 PM
    Yes to all. I'm on an unlocked Black Edition K1. I know I'm not the only user based on the feedback from the beta group. It's a known issue with BlackBerry.
    08-18-18 04:00 PM
    Wth, I installed the last update that was pushed out to my Telus KEYone, and I can no longer make a transaction on Google Pay.

I tried my debit, a visa and a Mc. All fail consistently on multiple terminals at different stores.

Is anyone else experiencing an issue? I used google pay successfully before this latest update.
    Sign out of your Google account, clear Play Store data, and then sign back in.
    RLeeSimon likes this.
    08-18-18 04:10 PM
    Sign out of your Google account, clear Play Store data, and then sign back in.
    Thanks, I'll try that and post another update once I've had a chance to buy something.
    08-18-18 04:32 PM
    Did you try to uninstall, 32 second reboot and reinstall? I have been using Gpay daily during the beta without issue. did start with a clean install and reload of all apps, thus mY suggestion. FYI on Rogers in GTA
    Uninstall what? If you mean wipe my phone and start all over again, no. I would not want to do that unless it's a last case resort!
    08-18-18 04:35 PM
    Yes, it's broken. I did submit a log to BlackBerry during the beta that it broke. They opened up a ticket but they never fixed it before the launch to the general public. No clue why they would do this.
    Thanks for the info. Damn! Wish I found out about that before I installed this update.

I guess there's no easy way to roll back or uninstall Oreo, while keeping your existing apps/setup?
    08-18-18 04:37 PM
    Thanks for the info. Damn! Wish I found out about that before I installed this update.

I guess there's no easy way to roll back or uninstall Oreo, while keeping your existing apps/setup?
    Try my suggestion first.

Very, very few people experienced this issue.
    08-18-18 04:42 PM

That's one of the q's someone asked today. I can live without GPay, I don't want to go back to 7.1 and have the broken Wifi with my G Mesh. Anyways, I'll post a response if someone has a fix.
    08-18-18 04:43 PM
    I was not suggesting a full phone wipe, just removal and reinstall of Gpay. But Conite's suggestion is even simpler and would accomplish same effect.
    08-18-18 06:38 PM
    Yep I helped a guy earlier on here told him delete Google account reboot add Google reboot tada fixed clear cach after delete Google account won't do any harm either
    08-18-18 07:21 PM
    I have the same issue with Google pay and have tried everything including a factory reset to get it working. no luck. I believe it's because the play store shows my phone as uncertified. google think my phone is rooted or altered in some way
    08-18-18 07:46 PM
    For God's sake will someone follow Conites instructions!
    Carjackd likes this.
    08-18-18 08:43 PM
    For God's sake will someone follow Conites instructions!
    Off your Med's again are we?
    Carjackd likes this.
    08-18-18 11:15 PM
    Off your Med's again are we?
    Was he ever on them?
    08-19-18 12:31 AM
    Trust me I have followed all instructions still no luck
    08-19-18 04:40 AM
    This is the issue I have
    Attached Thumbnails Is Google Pay broken on Oreo?-screenshot_20180819-104240.jpg  
    08-19-18 04:43 AM
    And this one
    Attached Thumbnails Is Google Pay broken on Oreo?-252328306.jpg  
    08-19-18 04:44 AM
    This is the issue I have
    People in the beta group that had this GPay issue included people that had that certification issue and did not. As an example, my device indicates that the device is certified, yet I still have this issue.
    08-19-18 09:56 AM
    My Keyone shows as Certified in Google App Store, am on Oreo 8.1.0, and Google Pay will not work at any retailers, including ones I frequently used just days before the update. The message on the terminal was that I had to swipe or insert my card. One time I didn't even have my physical cards to real embarrassing (this was a store that ALWAYS always worked before and even saw it listed in the history as working).
    terminatorx likes this.
    08-20-18 09:23 AM
    Try my suggestion first.

Very, very few people experienced this issue.
    I tried it, removed my Google account and rebooted. Cleared the Play Store data, and re-added my account. But still can't get Google Pay to work. Every time I do a transaction at a terminal, I get 2-3 short vibrates and a message saying there was a problem with card reader. My device also shows as certified in the Play Store.

Too bad, it was working flawlessly prior to this last update. What a pain, as it was very convenient to not always have my cards on me.
    Last edited by terminatorx; 08-21-18 at 08:59 AM.
    08-21-18 08:44 AM
    Yep I helped a guy earlier on here told him delete Google account reboot add Google reboot tada fixed clear cach after delete Google account won't do any harm either
    I don't understand how this could fix it for some and not others. Do you have the exact instructions you had him follow?
    08-21-18 08:49 AM
    I use RBC Wallet (canada) for payments and it doesn't work on Oreo as well. My device shows as certified.
    08-21-18 08:56 AM
    other way round disable it bro

open playstore , open menu scroll down until u see play protect and turn it off or disable security threats or do my next reply
    08-21-18 09:03 AM
156 123 ...