Has anyone been using Google Inbox with Hub? Is it fully functional? What is your experience?
    06-14-17 08:36 AM
    Here's the problem with using Inbox/Gmail (same thing) with Hub. The default "delete" action on the hub does not archive mails, it actually puts them in the trash. This is actually the correct expected behavior of IMAP, but it's not what most Gmail user intend. When we get rid of an email, we archive it, so it's searcheable years later. In order to do that with the hub, you need to move the email to the "All Mail" folder, which can actually be set up as a two step shortcut. it's not bad. The other disadvantage is that the search function in the hub only searches email in the synced folders, and it does not search the server like the gmail app does. So, sadly, as much as I like the hub, I manage my gmail through the gmail app.
    TeslaBerry and SunDevilBB like this.
    06-14-17 08:55 AM
    Yup. it's the same "delete" action on the BB-OS 10 Hub. Once you press the garbage can, the gmail message is gone forever.
    bakron1 likes this.
    06-15-17 10:54 AM
    Everyone likes their email to function differently, I prefer the email to be permanently deleted from the server.

If the email is an important one, I have specific folders set up and will move the message to the corresponding folder.

Keeps things organized better, at least for myself.
    06-15-17 11:02 AM
    Just use the hub as the email client. don't use the Gmail app, don't use inbox, you just use the hub.
    06-15-17 11:04 AM
    Yup, I just use the HUB. If I want something deleted I want it gone for good. Out of sight out of mind.
    06-15-17 11:08 AM
    I use the Inbox app for managing mail, but have the same account configured in Hub (with notifications disabled) for the timeline. That works fine for me.
    06-16-17 09:00 AM
    There is a setting in Hub that allows you to choose how messages are deleted: Hub only, hub and server, or prompt
    06-16-17 09:18 AM
    Gmail inbox with hub? Very good! I use gmail, Hotmail with hub!

Posted via CB10
    06-16-17 09:19 AM