Over the past week, I thought I was just being stupid when I was accidentally sending BBMs to my friend instead of the intended recipient, my wife.

Today, when did it, I took special care to confirm that it was showing my wife as the recipient, yet it still went to the wrong person...but consistently and the same wrong person.

To see if it is limited to the two contacts, I sent a test message to my dad and it, too, went to the wrong contact, not the same as the first.

I've verified that both the recipient name and BBID are showing correct, and the contacts who are getting the messages have different IDs.

The best I can tell, this has only been happening for about a week or so (I don't BBM with Google Assistant very often) and I have done no changes to my phone, with the exception of the usually OS and app updates.

BBB100-1
    AAY819
    Running on Rogers

Am I the only one? I'm curious to know if it is a Google Assistant or a BBM glitch.
    06-04-18 08:39 AM
    Come on. It can't just be me.
    06-04-18 01:12 PM
    I just disabled and reinstalled bbm and it is still not working. Can someone confirm that it is working?
    06-09-18 08:27 AM
    BBM is not really supported very much or very well. Add to that the general buggyness of any assistant, and it's a recipe for disaster.

Besides, who uses BBM anymore? just send them a text message. Or use Signal if you want actually encrypted chat.
    06-09-18 09:10 AM
    Over the past week, I thought I was just being stupid when I was accidentally sending BBMs to my friend instead of the intended recipient, my wife.

Today, when did it, I took special care to confirm that it was showing my wife as the recipient, yet it still went to the wrong person...but consistently and the same wrong person.

To see if it is limited to the two contacts, I sent a test message to my dad and it, too, went to the wrong contact, not the same as the first.

I've verified that both the recipient name and BBID are showing correct, and the contacts who are getting the messages have different IDs.

The best I can tell, this has only been happening for about a week or so (I don't BBM with Google Assistant very often) and I have done no changes to my phone, with the exception of the usually OS and app updates.

BBB100-1
    AAY819
    Running on Rogers

Am I the only one? I'm curious to know if it is a Google Assistant or a BBM glitch.
    It’s a bigger problem in the reverse when it sends messages intended for your (girl)friend to your wife. Look for the positive in all situations. LOL
    06-09-18 09:13 AM
    Although a good point, I still don't like telling one of my church deacons that I love him.
    OriginalLucy likes this.
    06-09-18 09:26 AM
    Although a good point, I still don't like telling one of my church deacons that I love him.
    Glass half-full. Better than suggesting a desire for relations....still good stuff..

A separate thread suggests that BBM complete separation from BB10 completes June 27th. It sounds like further possible BBM/Android integration will continue. I know that IOS will be seeing needed improvements as well. I’m beta testing the IOS version.

Be sure to send feedback data from within the app or dev link in App Store.
    06-09-18 09:34 AM
    I just discovered that it works if I say the command differently.

"Hey Google! Message Jennifer" will look like it works, but will end up with the wrong contact.

"Hey Google! BBM Jennifer" works as it should.

Both look and behave exactly the same...it is only the end destination which differs.
    FF22 and OriginalLucy like this.
    06-10-18 06:14 PM