Hello there

I just can't get Google Assistant to work on my new Blackberry KEYone. Can anybody of you help me with this? I'm living in Switzerland, but have activated the phone with language German (Germany). On my Google Pixel this was enough to get Google Assistant working. Unfortunately on my KEYone this doesn't seem to work. Can anyone possibly help me in setting it up? Besides that little painpoint I really, really like my new phone!

Thank you already in advance for your help!
    05-17-17 01:47 PM
    English (US) is the only language the assistant seems to activate on the KEYone for the moment.
    05-17-17 02:11 PM
    English (US) is the only language the assistant seems to activate on the KEYone for the moment.
    Really? Can someone confirm this? That would be really odd, and uncharacteristic. Was that an issue with the DTEK50, DTEK60.or Priv?

Posted with my trusty Z10
    05-17-17 03:18 PM
    Was that an issue with the DTEK50, DTEK60.or Priv?
    Nope, on my PRIV, the Assistant worked with English (UK) and German, too.
    05-17-17 03:19 PM
    Nope, on my PRIV, the Assistant worked with English (UK) and German, too.
    It's hard for me to understand how BlackBerry would accidentally configure Android on the KEYone for English-only for the German market! LOL. I know that many Germans speak fluent English, but that's no excuse!

05-17-17 03:58 PM
    It's hard for me to understand how BlackBerry would accidentally configure Android on the KEYone for English-only for the German market! LOL. I know that many Germans speak fluent English, but that's no excuse!

That's not a BlackBerry configuration. It's Google slowly bringing it out.

US English phones get it first. Others are willy nilly.
    mbirth likes this.
    05-17-17 04:09 PM
    On my English UK keyone I can't find it, but on English UK Pixel it's there.
    05-17-17 04:32 PM
    The Pixels were the first to get it obviously.
    05-17-17 04:49 PM
    Also make sure your display size in settings isn't set to Small. If it is, Assistant won't show. It's a bug.
    05-17-17 07:26 PM
    Can't find it either even with US English. Have to separately tap the microphone - a shame as was getting very used to talking to my phone!
    05-21-17 07:06 PM
    was getting very used to talking to my phone!
    Just setup "OK Google from any screen" in the settings and you can activate it by saying "OK, Google".
    05-21-17 07:12 PM
    The only way it works is by changing language to English (US) and it's activated after that on the BB KeyOne.
    05-22-17 01:20 PM
    I changed my language to have US et downloaded Allo then Uninstalled it.

Did the trick.

However, the fact that the assistant cannot work with exchange calendar, BBM or regular hub email is a big nogo for me. BB assistant was more useful on bb10
    korben78 likes this.
    05-22-17 03:03 PM