09-13-17 11:38 AM
61 123
tools
    Don't we have a Thread for post like this.....Use what works for you.
    I was wondering the exact thing....
    09-12-17 10:18 AM
    I just don't understand why anyone would use WhatsApp unless they like the idea of a for profit company knowing with whom they communicate with and how often so that it can market to networks of people instead of individuals.

It's astonishing to me that people don't consider the cost of paying for services with their personal data rather than with money.
    WhatsApp has donated over a million dollars to the FreeBSD project.

That's a million more than for-profit BlackBerry has ever donated to the open source/free software hand that feeds them.
    09-12-17 12:58 PM
    I find this kind of post questionable. There is nothing streamline about ios. I do own iPad and there is nothing easy about it. Simple task like transferring photos from iPad to pc requires installing apple software which I dislike with passion.Try to transfer movies to iPad to . You need 3rd party software to do that and so on and so on and so on.
    Actually I heard iOS was the most intuitive and easy to use os /S
    09-12-17 01:34 PM
    WhatsApp has donated over a million dollars to the FreeBSD project.

That's a million more than for-profit BlackBerry has ever donated to the open source/free software hand that feeds them.
    If that's how you choose your communications vendors, that's fine. I'd rather protect my privacy and the privacy of my contacts. Also, most companies I work with don't allow their employees to use WhatsApp on their work phones anyway, so I'd have no one to chat with!

Posted with my trusty Z10
    Johberry likes this.
    09-12-17 02:03 PM
    Actually I heard iOS was the most intuitive and easy to use os /S
    Well, a pencil is intuitive and easy to use too so.long as you use it as intended. The problem with iOS is that the way it was intended to be used isn't very useful outside the Apple ecosystem.

Come to think of it, if I was given a choice between a pencil and an iPhone as my only mobile device, I'd choose the pencil! :-)

FF22 likes this.
    09-12-17 02:19 PM
    If Apple were to open up iMessage to Android, it be pretty much game over for all other IM's. Not totally, but almost.
    Even if apple opens up iMessage to android it will never catchup with WhatsApp. Am not saying WhatsApp is better than iMessage or vice versa. But the fact is WhatsApp is so much popular than iMessage and so damn easy to use. Apple devices may be more than reliable and money making. But it's android that rules in most part of the world. Most companies (retailers) now have WhatsApp as customer service option. Apple still have so much limitations that a mainstream user won't like it.
    09-12-17 02:27 PM
    Coming from IOS I initially thought the same, it all felt really clunky. My reason for getting the keyone was to position me perfectly for a slightly cheaper iphone 8 a year down the line.

A few days later i simplified everything to mimic IOS whilst incorporating a few of the neat android touches. Of course you then have the PKB and the great battery life and there really is no comparison. Thats the beauty of customisation, you can have it as complex or as simple as you want.

Honestly now this device is a joy to use and i am now totally rethinking my initial iphone 8 plan. The good news is PKBs are very much on the menu for future devices.

List of customisations.

1) Arrange icons like IOS
    2) Remove all app notifications.
    3) Install Keyboard browser
    4) Remove productivity tab
    5) Delete GMAIL
    6) set up BB HUB
    7) Install nova launcher for a smoother experience
    8 Adust animations for snappier performance
    9) Set swipe gestures for opening hub, browser and whatsapp.

That results in the simplicity of ios with a few added benefits. It wouldnt work for many, but for me its a great simple bare bones experience with incredible performance.
    Very helpful. Thanks
    09-13-17 04:32 AM
    Very helpful. Thanks
    glad to be of assistance.

I think the iPhone x team also saw this post and introduced some last minute ios revisions to incorporate swipes.
    09-13-17 05:08 AM
    Android can be overwhelming for some people. It's definitely not for everyone.
    IOs is for the "do it for me" generation anyway. Too locked up in the guise of "security."
    09-13-17 10:56 AM
    A lot if us feel that way, but the OP clearly prefers a streamlined experience, which is NOT Android's strength. He's willing to double carry an iPhone and Classic to avoid Android.

Two phones and a larger bill is nutbag!
    09-13-17 10:58 AM
    Two phones and a larger bill is nutbag!
    Depending on the provider, there may be either a very small or no extra cost for the second phone.

And carrying an extra phone isn't hard if, for example, you have to carry a laptop bag anyway.

09-13-17 11:38 AM
61 123