IPhones are more popular amongst the tweens and the older adults because of the simplicity. There's nothing a Samsung Note 8 cannot do that iPhone 7 can. In fact if anyone is revolutionizing phones, it's Samsung and Android. For example wireless charging is barely coming to iPhone with their next phone.
    Agreed. However, imessage is a huge feature that android still does not have. Keeps a lot of people on ios.
    09-10-17 08:44 PM
    Agreed. However, imessage is a huge feature that android still does not have. Keeps a lot of people on ios.
    That is a nice feature that many iOS users swear by, but android has Hangouts that operates similarly. Heck, even BlackBerry had a software that the same with the beginning of BB10 that unfortunately got scrapped
    09-10-17 08:48 PM
    I did what the op is going back to... a Classic and iPhone.

But after getting the KEYone to use with my iPhone, there's no way I could go back to a Classic. I sold my Classic as soon as I realized that the KEYone was superior in every way.

iOS works. It's easy to use, but there's really nothing special about it to me the way Android on the KEYone is.
    09-11-17 04:07 AM
    How did you do #8 & #9
    The swipe gestures are part of nova launcher.

I have assigned swipe up to open keyboard browser.

Swipe down to open hub.

And double tap to open whatsapp.

The downside of nova launcher is that u lose the keyboard shortcuts, but I never used them. I feel the swipes I have assigned far more useful and intuitive .

The animation speeds can also be adjusted in nova. If you don't want to install nova you can do it via developer options. I can't remember how to do this but I know it has been spoken about many times on this forum so I'm sure someone can help.

Overall nova works better for my needs. Some people love keyboard shortcuts so for them it's a deal breaker. But this just shows that android has something for everyone.
    09-11-17 05:37 AM
    I do use imessage, but have been wondering why it's so huge, and why it keeps people on ios. What can it do, that cannot be done by the likes of Signal, Whatsapp, Telegram etc.? With the added benefit of being multi-platform.
    bitek likes this.
    09-11-17 06:11 AM
    I do use imessage, but have been wondering why it's so huge, and why it keeps people on ios. What can it do, that cannot be done by the likes of Signal, Whatsapp, Telegram etc.? With the added benefit of being multi-platform.
    I find imessage useless in an age of whatsapp and unlimited text allowances.
    Mrs Teapot likes this.
    09-11-17 06:15 AM
    Because Apple users use whatever is easiest, and iMessage is very well integrated into iOS.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    09-11-17 08:09 AM
    Why do people feel they have to bear their soul when they switch back or move to another platform. So the K1 did not work for you ok move on we don't need to know why

I'm pretty sure BlackBerry or TCL folks don't give a hoot, so if it's not working for you move on but please do it quietly.
    BARE their soul.
    09-11-17 09:48 AM
    A lot if us feel that way, but the OP clearly prefers a streamlined experience, which is NOT Android's strength. He's willing to double carry an iPhone and Classic to avoid Android.

It absolutely can be androids strength.

I can't see how carrying two old phones is more streamlined.

I think the op would feel differently with a little bit of tweaking
    09-11-17 10:49 AM
    It absolutely can be androids strength.

I can't see how carrying two old phones is more streamlined.

I think the op would feel differently with a little bit of tweaking
    Yes, Android CAN be tweaked to death. But that puts the burden on the user to spend time and energy configuring, rather than simply using, a phone.

There's nothing wrong with that for people who like that sort of thing, but many users don't want to deal with it. iOS and BB10 both offer a more consistent (and less flexible) user experience. BB10 is oriented to corporate email and PIM use, and iOS is oriented towards apps and media consumption, as well as photography and messaging with other Apple users.

Android is the most flexible option, but for some, it feels like a disorganized mess out of the box. The fact that it can be customized to death isn't a benefit for people who would prefer that a real UX design and engineering team optimize it for their particular use case. That's what the some preferred about BB10.

Last edited by bb10adopter111; 09-11-17 at 11:15 AM.
    hxh145 likes this.
    09-11-17 11:03 AM
    Yes, Android CAN be tweaked to death. But that puts the burden on the user to spend time and energy configuring, rather than simply using, a phone.

There's nothing wrong with that for people who like that sort of thing, but many users don't want to deal with it. iOS and BB10 both offer a more consistent (and less flexible) user experience. BB10 is oriented to corporate email and PIM use, and iOS is oriented towards apps and media consumption, as well as photography and messaging with other Apple users.

Android is the most flexible option, but for some, it feels like a disorganized mess out of the box. The fact that it can be customized to death isn't a benefit for people who would prefer that a real UX design and engineering team optimize it for their particular use case. That's what the US preferred about BB10.

Fair point. I will agree that android is a disorganised mess out of the box.
    09-11-17 11:09 AM
    Another under 10 posts user with their bio confessional, seemingly looking for some therapy.
    And another 100 something posts user discrediting a newbie, seemingly looking for some attention
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    09-11-17 12:19 PM

Android is the most flexible option, but for some, it feels like a disorganized mess out of the box. The fact that it can be customized to death isn't a benefit for people who would prefer that a real UX design and engineering team optimize it for their particular use case. That's what the some preferred about BB10.

Agreed. Loved the BB10 Passport. But hated the K1. I would of kept the Passport but apps that were essential to my business was no longer supported and/or no longer worked effectively on BB10.
    09-11-17 12:24 PM
    Here it is Android iPhone. Took me 60 seconds. Now no excuse. Keep KEYone and yes you are welcome
    FF22 and anon(2313227) like this.
    09-11-17 02:24 PM
    iOS on the KEYone is the holy grail. iMessage is missed
    If Apple were to open up iMessage to Android, it be pretty much game over for all other IM's. Not totally, but almost.
    09-11-17 02:46 PM
    Here it is Android iPhone. Took me 60 seconds. Now no excuse. Keep KEYone and yes you are welcome https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...70925c9009.jpg
    That's xOS launcher right?? Its hands down the best option to mimick iOS look, but I dont think it's the most battery friendly. Would use it intermittently with Nova if I wouldn't lose the keyboard shortcuts
    09-11-17 04:33 PM
    If Apple were to open up iMessage to Android, it be pretty much game over for all other IM's. Not totally, but almost.
    I don't understand this. I don't even use iMessage on my maxed out 256gb 7+. WhatsApp is universal in terms of mobile and desktop OS accessibility.

WhatsApp is such a monster that it will kill off any remaining BB10 users when they sunset support. BlackBerry themselves couldn't do that. It's the closest thing we have to a universal messaging client.
    09-11-17 05:20 PM

I agree, the ability to customise is important for some. Just like modifying a car or bike. However, for others, and even some like me that do modify something from time to time, the ability to simply open a box, insert a SIM and go is critical. And a deciding factor. For me, this is especially critical with mail, text, files, downloads, attachments, etc. Hence, I am still on BB10.

Each must decide what tools are best for the job at hand.
    09-11-17 10:20 PM
    I am an ex- 9900/Q10/Classic user and agree with this 100%. I was seriously contemplating the iPhone SE over the KEYone due to size. While I do really love my keyone, I do get frustrated with the size sometimes. Android OS is not as nice as BB10 and iOS, but nothing can really be done about that except continual improvements to hub and launcher, so I accept it.

Would REALLY love to see a keyone mini. Make it about 8-10 mm shorter and narrower and it would be close to perfect! I realize that a small keyboard phone is a minority within a minority, but hey, that's what these forums are for.
    Mrs Teapot likes this.
    09-11-17 10:40 PM
    Sure there are a lot of people who can't afford high end phones, but take a look at how many people use high end android devices versus IPhones. You'll find more android users. I mean IPhones aren't expensive to get, but there's a reason why majority of the people prefer android.
    Actually no you don't. Last time I checked high-end Androids are still in the minority. The majority of Androids sold are the low-end to mid-range ones...
    09-11-17 11:05 PM
    OMG I couldn't possible imagine carrying a second phone! it's already cumbersome carrying your wallet and k1 with one hand! No way I'd carry another phone!!!!
    09-12-17 01:31 AM
    OMG I couldn't possible imagine carrying a second phone! it's already cumbersome carrying your wallet and k1 with one hand! No way I'd carry another phone!!!!
    Don't forget the car keys, house keys and smokes and lighter if you use them, glasses, glock etc. I think I need a man bag 💼 😎
    bitek and FF22 like this.
    09-12-17 02:04 AM
    I don't understand this. I don't even use iMessage on my maxed out 256gb 7+. WhatsApp is universal in terms of mobile and desktop OS accessibility.

WhatsApp is such a monster that it will kill off any remaining BB10 users when they sunset support. BlackBerry themselves couldn't do that. It's the closest thing we have to a universal messaging client.
    I just don't understand why anyone would use WhatsApp unless they like the idea of a for profit company knowing with whom they communicate with and how often so that it can market to networks of people instead of individuals.

It's astonishing to me that people don't consider the cost of paying for services with their personal data rather than with money.

09-12-17 08:45 AM
    (suddenly getting a spam threshold intercept!)

Isn't Apple a for-profit company?

Not that I've ever even looked at WhatsApp or Facebook or Instagram.
    09-12-17 08:51 AM
    All companies are for profit.
    09-12-17 08:57 AM
61 123