Well, I tried. I really did. Switched from being a two phone carrying guy to going all in on the KEYone. I dumped the iPhone, put the Classic back in the drawer and went for it. Well, after about a month of trying to get used to the Android operating system and the fairly (in my opinion) clumsy, awkward size of the KEYone, I have thrown in the towel. As far as the Android operating system, it was ok, but after coming from IOS, really no comparison in terms of ease of use, speed and fluidity. I know, I know. You can totally customize your experience with Android, but you know what? Who cares? Do I really need a phone that is so customizable? Not really. The iPhone handles everything really well, so I don't feel a great need to customize. As far as the size and feel of the phone, just way too big and awkward for me. Never felt right in my hand and I never got entirely comfortable with it. So, after a month, I decided to call it a day and return the KEYone. As of now, I'm back exclusively on the iPhone, but I sure do love and miss that Blackberry physical keyboard. There really is no comparison or substitute,. So, I'm probably going to fire up the Classic again; use it for calls, e-mails and texts and keep the iPhone for all the apps. Don't love carrying two phones around, but this is the solution that seems to work best for me. Anyone else out there rocking these two phones?
    sethr likes this.
    09-10-17 09:49 AM
    Don't we have a Thread for post like this.....Use what works for you.
    09-10-17 09:55 AM
    Cool story bro... Enjoy your preferred devices.
    09-10-17 10:24 AM
    Another under 10 posts user with their bio confessional, seemingly looking for some therapy.
    RoseBud68 and chefcenko like this.
    09-10-17 10:45 AM
    Coming from IOS I initially thought the same, it all felt really clunky. My reason for getting the keyone was to position me perfectly for a slightly cheaper iphone 8 a year down the line.

A few days later i simplified everything to mimic IOS whilst incorporating a few of the neat android touches. Of course you then have the PKB and the great battery life and there really is no comparison. Thats the beauty of customisation, you can have it as complex or as simple as you want.

Honestly now this device is a joy to use and i am now totally rethinking my initial iphone 8 plan. The good news is PKBs are very much on the menu for future devices.

List of customisations.

1) Arrange icons like IOS
    2) Remove all app notifications.
    3) Install Keyboard browser
    4) Remove productivity tab
    5) Delete GMAIL
    6) set up BB HUB
    7) Install nova launcher for a smoother experience
    8 Adust animations for snappier performance
    9) Set swipe gestures for opening hub, browser and whatsapp.

That results in the simplicity of ios with a few added benefits. It wouldnt work for many, but for me its a great simple bare bones experience with incredible performance.
    shezalex, mrisad, TCM01 and 4 others like this.
    09-10-17 11:17 AM
    Android can be overwhelming for some people. It's definitely not for everyone.
    Mrs Teapot likes this.
    09-10-17 12:01 PM
    I "lucked" into familiarity with Android when I purchased a Samsung Tab S. There was no choice - learn some of its intricacies or give up. So that introduced me to the less disciplined Android experience.
    09-10-17 12:48 PM
    Why do people feel they have to bear their soul when they switch back or move to another platform. So the K1 did not work for you ok move on we don't need to know why

I'm pretty sure BlackBerry or TCL folks don't give a hoot, so if it's not working for you move on but please do it quietly.
    sethr, TCM01 and RoseBud68 like this.
    09-10-17 01:06 PM
    I actually appreciate this post. This isn't someone leaving BlackBerry. It's a loyal BlackBerry fan sharing recent experience with a phone that many people are buying or considering.

It shouldn't be lumped in with the "leaving BlackBerry " thread.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    09-10-17 01:09 PM
    I've had so many BlackBerry phones before. Now I have KEYone. There is nothing wrong with android and definitely is more fun than phone. Apple products are so restrictive in what you can and cannot do apple products are so expensive. Not even SD card.
    TCM01 and BB_makes_it_happen like this.
    09-10-17 01:18 PM
    I've had so many BlackBerry phones before. Now I have KEYone. There is nothing wrong with android and definitely is more fun than phone. Apple products are so restrictive in what you can and cannot do apple products are so expensive. Not even SD card.
    A lot if us feel that way, but the OP clearly prefers a streamlined experience, which is NOT Android's strength. He's willing to double carry an iPhone and Classic to avoid Android.

09-10-17 01:31 PM
    Not trying to bash on iOS or anything, but there's a reason that most of the world uses android and not iOS lol. I've downloaded Evie launcher for my KEYone and it is such an easy, fluid, and very minimal launcher that even iOS can't compare.

By the way if you haven't noticed yet, iOS has been tweaking their OS to be more like android with every new update.
    TCM01 likes this.
    09-10-17 02:11 PM
    iOS on the KEYone is the holy grail. iMessage is missed
    gmoneyroxit likes this.
    09-10-17 03:48 PM
    Anyone else out there rocking these two phones?
    Kevin gates

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Elite1; 09-11-17 at 12:18 AM. Reason: Repaired quote
    09-10-17 04:21 PM
    A lot if us feel that way, but the OP clearly prefers a streamlined experience, which is NOT Android's strength. He's willing to double carry an iPhone and Classic to avoid Android.

I find this kind of post questionable. There is nothing streamline about ios. I do own iPad and there is nothing easy about it. Simple task like transferring photos from iPad to pc requires installing apple software which I dislike with passion.Try to transfer movies to iPad to . You need 3rd party software to do that and so on and so on and so on.
    shezalex and sethr like this.
    09-10-17 04:30 PM
    iOS on the KEYone is the holy grail. iMessage is missed
    I'd prefer DOS to iOS, which I find completely gimped. But that's just me.

09-10-17 05:15 PM
    I find this kind of post questionable. There is nothing streamline about ios. I do own iPad and there is nothing easy about it. Simple task like transferring photos from iPad to pc requires installing apple software which I dislike with passion.Try to transfer movies to iPad to . You need 3rd party software to do that and so on and so on and so on.
    Oh, I agree with you about the limited functionality of iOS. The interface is sleek and clean, but the capabilities are very limited.

Mrs Teapot, Bee Gee and sethr like this.
    09-10-17 05:17 PM
    Doesn't matter if you or I disagree with post. It's all from user perspective and for that user perception is reality. That's pretty much how we end up with two desktop or mobile OS though. Human mind prefers choice but not too much for certain functions. Think as yes/no, A/B, or binary 0/1...
    MikeX74 and shezalex like this.
    09-10-17 05:22 PM
    I agree with OP. the phone should come out not need for user to jump over the hoops to get it set up to easy to use. At least for the basic functions (like iphone). the advanced play around (animation for example), might be customized. Apple did make easy for the user for majority of their products, and charge them arms and legs rightfully to do so. Those chaps willingly fork over their cash for the extra service. Good for apple. Droid want to be professional? it would be wise to learn a bit from Apple (and BB10).
    09-10-17 05:26 PM
    Not trying to bash on iOS or anything, but there's a reason that most of the world uses android and not iOS lol. I've downloaded Evie launcher for my KEYone and it is such an easy, fluid, and very minimal launcher that even iOS can't compare.

By the way if you haven't noticed yet, iOS has been tweaking their OS to be more like android with every new update.
    Actually if you actually look at the types of Android devices that most people are using you'd know the reason why Android is the majority. ($$$)
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    09-10-17 07:33 PM
    Actually if you actually look at the types of Android devices that most people are using you'd know the reason why Android is the majority. ($$$)
    Exactly, Android is more widely used because it's an open OS that anyone can put on their phone. If Apple opened up IOS for Samsung, HTC, etc... to use, then Apple would by far be the most popular OS.
    09-10-17 07:44 PM
    Coming from IOS I initially thought the same, it all felt really clunky. My reason for getting the keyone was to position me perfectly for a slightly cheaper iphone 8 a year down the line.

A few days later i simplified everything to mimic IOS whilst incorporating a few of the neat android touches. Of course you then have the PKB and the great battery life and there really is no comparison. Thats the beauty of customisation, you can have it as complex or as simple as you want.

Honestly now this device is a joy to use and i am now totally rethinking my initial iphone 8 plan. The good news is PKBs are very much on the menu for future devices.

List of customisations.

1) Arrange icons like IOS
    2) Remove all app notifications.
    3) Install Keyboard browser
    4) Remove productivity tab
    5) Delete GMAIL
    6) set up BB HUB
    7) Install nova launcher for a smoother experience
    8 Adust animations for snappier performance
    9) Set swipe gestures for opening hub, browser and whatsapp.

That results in the simplicity of ios with a few added benefits. It wouldnt work for many, but for me its a great simple bare bones experience with incredible performance.
    How did you do #8 & #9
    09-10-17 08:05 PM

Ios devices dominate android in my region. In terms of devices used.
    09-10-17 08:08 PM
    Ios devices dominate android in my region. In terms of devices used.
    IPhones are more popular amongst the tweens and the older adults because of the simplicity. There's nothing a Samsung Note 8 cannot do that iPhone 7 can. In fact if anyone is revolutionizing phones, it's Samsung and Android. For example wireless charging is barely coming to iPhone with their next phone.
    09-10-17 08:33 PM
    Sure there are a lot of people who can't afford high end phones, but take a look at how many people use high end android devices versus IPhones. You'll find more android users. I mean IPhones aren't expensive to get, but there's a reason why majority of the people prefer android.
    09-10-17 08:36 PM
61 123