I've had my K1 since Dec 2017. The list of things I don't like continues to grow. Considering going back to a Classic. How viable is that? Maybe a loaded question - but how much longer will the Classic be "supported" or even functional?
    03-15-18 05:26 PM
    I went back to my Classic. I have tried to stick with the KeyOne but just don't like it. I use my Classic as my daily driver for phone, texts, emails, and a few apps then have an Apple device as my secondary for everything else. Simply decided I will always be a two-device guy.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-18 05:48 PM
    After having the K1 for a while know, I could not go back to the Old BB10. Maybe its just me but i rather move forward rather then backwards.
    tfitzpat03, joseanmx and TCM01 like this.
    03-15-18 06:05 PM
    if only it was working to Page manager Facebook. and Messenger notifications would come quickly, I would do it myself.
    03-15-18 06:06 PM
    if only it was working to Page manager Facebook. and Messenger notifications would come quickly, I would do it myself.
    HUH????
    03-15-18 06:13 PM
    What is it the classic does that the KeyOne won't do?

The only thing I really miss is the Remember app, that was one net app...

Oh, and voicemails appearing in the HUB. Not sure why they can't do that on Android?
    joseanmx likes this.
    03-15-18 10:54 PM
    I've had my K1 since Dec 2017. The list of things I don't like continues to grow. Considering going back to a Classic. How viable is that? Maybe a loaded question - but how much longer will the Classic be "supported" or even functional?
    It depends on what you mean by functional? If you want it to make texts, calls, and send emails. Then it will be supported for a long time. Even my Nokia N8 can do that even though Symbian is technically not being supported now.

If you want third party app support such as Whatsapp or BBM, then yes they will be gone soon.
    03-16-18 07:13 AM
    Would never step back to the classic from the KEYone. I recently had an insurance claim on my KEYone and had to use the classic for 3-4 days, while it was fine for texting, calls and email I couldn't do anything that required an app. Strava and workout apps being my main use.

I don't see how you can not get used to the KEYone to the point you want to switch back. I would assume you haven't gotten the Android OS dialed to the point where you feel comfortable. I've disabled Gmail, run all email through hub and nothing else. Single press almost every key for an app to open, long press for speed dial. Love the KEYone and looking forward to the announcement of the next 2 PKB devices to drop.
    03-16-18 08:38 AM
    Classic has reclaimed its status as secondary handset from K1, for me. Primary carry is still 9900. Classic would be primary if I weren't SOoo much quicker with 9900 for critical communications and spreadsheet work. Try as I might, and great as it is, K1 doesn't even get half the work done I get out of Classic. While simultaneously living a life, at least. But then Classic approaches about 80-85% of 9900 productivity. For MY use case. Which does NOT include WA, FB, etc. K1 could be SOoo much better with a real trackpad/toolbelt, imo. There's space. There's pretty good mouse support in K1's OS. Irrational fear of the past seems to be the only excuse for it not having one, imo. A real toolbelt/trackpad could make for a spectacularly productive Android! Imo. Fwiw.

9900 is officially scheduled for inflicted euthanasia in about 2 years. Classic's security updates will likely have ceased by then also. Hedging my bets on k1 but sure wish it wasn't so handicapped by failure to include such a fabulously useful feature as trackpad! Imo. Fwiw.
    Uglyindian likes this.
    03-16-18 12:17 PM
    I haven't used a classic before. I have tried it at a Verizon store before but wasn't that impressed since at the time I had a Passport. at one point in time I thought I couldn't go without the trackpad on the 9900. The Z10 was the phone that broke that chain.

The only possible reason for a person to use a Classic in my opinion is for the trackpad. It would take far more than that for me to give up my keyone. I wish this phone came out to rival the iPhone when it came out. One could only imagine.

This is the first time in a long time that I have a phone that has everything I want both hardware and software wise. Four Months in and hasn't gotten old at all. BB10 was for its time but overall I like Blackdroid better.
    03-16-18 02:29 PM
    What is it about the KEYone these you don't like? Is there anything we can help you with?
    FF22 likes this.
    03-16-18 02:37 PM
    K1 could be SOoo much better with a real trackpad/toolbelt, imo. There's space... A real toolbelt/trackpad could make for a spectacularly productive Android!
    Now that would be the perfect Bold of the future. I also wouldn't mind a slightly shorter screen; I find the KeyOne kinda girlish looking sometimes.
    idssteve likes this.
    03-16-18 03:44 PM
    Now that would be the perfect Bold of the future. I also wouldn't mind a slightly shorter screen; I find the KeyOne kinda girlish looking sometimes.
    Haha... Shorter screen? The too big is never big enough "size envy" crowd around here will soon be slamming THAT concept... Lol.

Actually, the nice thing about trackpad is how it tames both tiny screens (like my 9900) and/or giant screens (like 100" flat panel in my company's conference room). Trackpad makes screensize mostly irrelevant. Imo. Which is why the oversized Classic is still my second fave... Behind 9900. Smaller handsets can make for faster type rate for SOME of us.
    03-16-18 04:53 PM
    I have a Classic and several other BBs that I used prior to getting the Keyone. I'm very happy with the K1 and would not want to go back to the Classic. yes, trackpads are nice. but the K1 is just fine without it. and I use the capacitive keyboard as a trackpad on a regular basis. and, although I think BB10 was a very elegant OS, the lack of apps killed that positive. it took a while to get my head around how Android works. but once I did, I stopped missing BB10. The K1 is a great phone. handles all core communications well, is a solid form factor, and has great apps. I also like the bigger screen. Just my 2 cents.
    FF22 likes this.
    03-17-18 08:59 AM
    I have had my KEYone since August (AT&T launch day). I love it as the best Android phone I've used, and I've played with many of them.

But, I still use my BB10 phones (Z10 and Passport) for almost all my paid work. To me, there is no comparison between the clean, efficient, and uncluttered BB10 experience, where the focus is on professional written communication, and the cluttered and noisy Android environment where I'm constantly dealing with annoying notifications and silly, over designed interfaces with too many colors and controls.

For Android to work for me as a daily driver, I would need the following changes:
    1) Every app installs with all notifications turned off by default and with options to choose between essential and optional notifications.
    2) Every communications app offers full Hub integration so that I can respond with text and (if supported by the app) attachments in line without opening the third party app.
    3). A much better composition UI in the Hub, without so many controls and colors.
    4) Ability to turn on location services in apps for one-time use only, rather than having to constantly turn them off after using them once.
    5) Ability to automatically switch between WiFi and cellular data without intervention based purely on bandwidth and network performance.

I'll stop there. The KEYone is my favorite Android, but that's like saying a particular girl I dated casually for a couple of weeks was my favorite non-serious girlfriend. It's simply not a fair comparison with my wife!

Posted with my trusty Z10
    idssteve likes this.
    03-17-18 09:18 AM