I love my KeyOne no doubt. But i am being wowed by all i have read about KeyTwo so I am seriously considering gifting out my KeyOne to my Kid brother. I just got my KeyOne in April though.
    To be able to gift out the KeyOne i know i have to factory-reset it. That is do a security wipe to remove all my data. Is there anything i need to know about before gifting this phone out so that the receiver wont be stuck and be unable to use it?
    Is there any iota of truth to the fact that a phone can only be registered to use only on phone number in whatsapp? My point is now that i am using whatsapp on KeyOne will the person i am gifting the phone to also be able to use whatsapp on it with a different phone number?
    08-09-18 02:08 PM
    To disable Factory Reset Protection, you need to remove your Google account (all of them if you have more than one) from your phone. Go to Settings > Accounts & Sync > Google > and then select your account. Tap on the three dots to open the menu and select Remove account.

Then Perform a factory reset on your phone. Go to Settings > Backup & reset > Factory data reset and then tap Reset phone.

NOTE: Generic Nougat instructions, may vary a little for the KEYone.
    Last edited by Dunt Dunt Dunt; 08-09-18 at 02:26 PM.
    08-09-18 02:15 PM
    Is there anything i need to know about before gifting this phone out so that the receiver wont be stuck and be unable to use it?
    Delete your accounts in the settings. Don't just Factory Reset it. If you don't manually delete your accoutns, your brother won't be able to sign in with his own accounts.

My point is now that i am using whatsapp on KeyOne will the person i am gifting the phone to also be able to use whatsapp on it with a different phone number?
    They can use WhatsApp. Not your WhatsApp though.
    08-09-18 02:16 PM
    Delete your accounts in the settings. Don't just Factory Reset it. If you don't manually delete your accoutns, your brother won't be able to sign in with his own accounts.

They can use WhatsApp. Not your WhatsApp though.
    Thank you very much.
    08-09-18 03:51 PM
    To disable Factory Reset Protection, you need to remove your Google account (all of them if you have more than one) from your phone. Go to Settings > Accounts & Sync > Google > and then select your account. Tap on the three dots to open the menu and select Remove account.

Then Perform a factory reset on your phone. Go to Settings > Backup & reset > Factory data reset and then tap Reset phone.

NOTE: Generic Nougat instructions, may vary a little for the KEYone.
    Please what do you mean by "Generic Nougat instructions, may vary a little for the KEYone. Mine is the unlocked i bought off Amazon.ca

Thank you very much.
    08-09-18 03:53 PM
    Please what do you mean by "Generic Nougat instructions, may vary a little for the KEYone. Mine is the unlocked i bought off Amazon.ca

Thank you very much.
    I don't know how different the KEYone's UI setting are from stock Android.

I have a Samsung, so I always have to look around a little as they put things in different places from stock Nougate (now Oreo).
    08-09-18 03:59 PM