This is the thing - I'm very invested in Apple's ecosystem at this point. Of course, there are things about the iPhone that aren't quite working for me either or I wouldn't have been waiting for this phone in the first place. We'll see how it goes.

They should make it a bit easier to integrate Apple's services but it is what it is. I've always used iTunes for instance but last time I had a BB, I also had an iPod. In 2017, I'm not willing to carry a device just for music though.
    I guess just spend some time weighing it all up then make a decision.

I never get particularly invested so it's not a big deal for me to switch to a new os.

You also mentioned the camera so again another possible reason to go back to ios. For me a camera is a camera. I wouldn't even know what a bad camera was.
    06-26-17 06:24 AM
    OP - you're the only person that can ultimately decide. Coming on here is great for technical support and camaraderie. Remember though, some here are fanboys, some are haters and many of both groups have never owned many of the devices they discuss as self proclaimed experts.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-26-17 07:38 AM
    I fall into the rabid fanboy camp I don't mind saying
    06-26-17 09:23 AM
    Once upon a time i was in the same shoes as well trying to navigate the change from bbos to android. For me it was switching to the Passport. I was having difficulty mastering the moves and operation of using android gestures. However, for me it literally took a few hours and nailed it. I can't imagine going back to bbos. Android combined with BB's hub and utilities really is amazing.
    06-26-17 09:47 AM
    Yes
    There is an option in the top pull down tab to silence all or only alarms

And btw, customize the phone, and I am sure that in less than a week you will love the phone.
    I used a BB 10 and an I phone 7 and I love this whole phone better now.
    I won't discuss the camera.
    The photos and videos are still of a good quality and better than any BlackBerry before
    06-26-17 09:55 AM
    Any tips on battery optimization? I feel like battery is dropping surprisingly fast - I just disabled the Hub to see if that helps.
    06-26-17 10:27 AM
    You have a whole load of third party junk on your phone what with that launcher and the new app icons. I think you would benefit from paring down a bit.

Emulator could be a really inefficient app too.

I'd say keep it simple.
    06-26-17 12:05 PM
    They should make it a bit easier to integrate Apple's services but it is what it is. I've always used iTunes for instance but last time I had a BB, I also had an iPod. In 2017, I'm not willing to carry a device just for music though.

http://www.androidauthority.com/how-...ndroid-230232/
    06-26-17 02:03 PM
    You have a whole load of third party junk on your phone what with that launcher and the new app icons. I think you would benefit from paring down a bit.

Emulator could be a really inefficient app too.

I'd say keep it simple.
    I actually didn't have the battery optimization settings on but corrected it halfway through the day.

All aside, I'm a heavy user and I took the phone off the charger around 5:30. It's just after 10pm and it's on 2% now - my iPhone would've needed at least 2 charges by now. Maybe spoke too soon...
    06-26-17 09:10 PM
34 12