Greetings. Having trouble getting rid of my carrier name in the status bar. When I look at options and search, "show network operator appears" , but upon selection the setting is not there.

I've tried system ui tuner app but can't seem to do it that way either.

Lastly, if anyone knows how I can enable dark mode system menus, or the same for whatsapp, it would be much appreciated.

Thank you.
    Just use Privacy Shade, it'll always been in your notification pull down menu (or whatever it's called) so it won't show your carrier at the top.
    04-25-18 04:59 PM
    Don't worry. I really don't care that much. If you read my reply, sarcastically allude to PKBs. It's somewhat tongue-in-cheek. However, that being said, there's nothing wrong in good-natured poking fun at it, within the grand scheme of life.
    Uglyindian likes this.
    04-25-18 05:00 PM
    Just use Privacy Shade, it'll always been in your notification pull down menu (or whatever it's called) so it won't show your carrier at the top.
    thank you for this. It doesn't use any battery or ram unlike the Music or weather apps. Further, it doesn't leave any icon in the status bar so it's easier to identify a notification from an app that is important. Thanks again.
    04-26-18 11:18 AM
    do you find battery saving mode stops notifications coming through?
    04-26-18 12:44 PM
    do you find battery saving mode stops notifications coming through?
    It does for some apps yeah, I think there's a way to keep them by not putting them in battery optimization
    04-26-18 02:05 PM
    if your carrier name is just four characters long it's not so much an issue.. mines 11 and takes up a third of the status bar.

call it OCD personal preference...
    I kno exactly wut u mean. I'm using AT&T and that bothers me. So I can imagine having more even characters, lol.
    04-26-18 04:54 PM
    I have kind of sorted this now. I use system UI tuner to get rid of most system tray content including battery info, then installed GSAM battery to replace it. The result is I only have 3 icons when the tray is empty; battery, time and mobile signal.

It's near enough anyway lol
    Attached Thumbnails Get rid of carrier name?-15755.jpg  
    06-05-18 04:28 PM
    ignore the cast screen icon, that's off now...
    06-05-18 04:29 PM
58 123