What I miss most about bb10! The gestures were perfect. Since switching from Classic to K1, I feel so disappointed with the flow of the Android OS. Sure, there great apps, but I want blackberrymobile to develop an app that provides the gestures bb10ers have come to expect from an OS. Thoughts? Suggestions?
    FF22 likes this.
    10-11-17 03:49 PM
    I suspect... that where Apple goes, Google will follow. In time Android will probable embrace gestures too.

For now, only so much a Launcher and a few Apps can do... without the OS Developer (Google) embracing gestures and providing new guidlines for App developers. Not much BlackBerry can do.
    10-11-17 04:05 PM
    Have you enabled the physical keyboard gestures in settings? I use those all the time.
    10-12-17 04:24 PM
    The flow of Android is terrible. I agree. I went to great lengths to BB10'ize my KEYone; I am close but I also realize that it will never be as intuitive due to OS limitations.
    FF22 likes this.
    10-12-17 04:30 PM
    I agree. Perhaps because it is free and open, I have made Android work on my K1 but have had to workaround unexpected behaviors from some of the settings. Notably, the interaction between WIFI, Battery Optimization and Data Saver. When I turn on WIFI, the LTE light goes out on my phone even though I am connected to a LTE band. When both WIFI and Data Saver are enabled, I had to enable Cellular Data Always On in Developer Settings in order to send and receive MMS. Don't think we would be spending hours with Customer Support and Posting on this site to get basic services like these to work if we had an OS that was optimized for this phone. But then, I would not have the few essential apps that I need either because support Blackberry OS was discontinued. Hoping that time spent posting will result in Android improvements in the future.
    10-13-17 05:55 AM