Is any of you using a cut-to-size nano-SIM by any chance? Because real nano-SIMs are thinner than Mini- or Micro-SIMs. And if you use such a cut card without thinning it down (e.g. using sandpaper) first, you'll probably bend some springs.
    I'm using a nanoSIM. However it is NOT the SIM-tray itself moving, no problems there. It is just the silver colored plate attached to the SIM-tray which covers the side of the phoned. It is loosely reveted.
    05-22-17 07:31 AM
    It is just the silver colored plate attached to the SIM-tray which covers the side of the phoned. It is loosely reveted.
    Ah, so a drop of super glue might fix it?
    05-22-17 08:22 AM
    Ah, so a drop of super glue might fix it?
    Yes, that came to my mind too. But I honestly won't want to do this on a brand new device.
    05-22-17 09:04 AM
    Yes, that came to my mind too. But I honestly won't want to do this on a brand new device.
    Thanks for the info. I'll control the sim tray first thing when I get my device.

Won't take it, if it's wiggly, I'm not spending 600 euro on a wiggly sim tray!

what build dates do you (wiggly/non-wiggly) have?
    05-22-17 11:56 AM
    Thanks for the info. I'll control the sim tray first thing when I get my device.

Won't take it, if it's wiggly, I'm not spending 600 euro on a wiggly sim tray!

what build dates do you (wiggly/non-wiggly) have?
    Let us know, please.

My box says 06.05.2017.
    05-22-17 12:15 PM
    picked up mine from MediaMarkt (Berlin) yesterday. Set it up works like a charm. will test battery today. the sim/nano tray is really f*cked up. this should not be like this, but once your sim and nano are in, its kinda ok. The device is fantastic so far. I have a priv and a passport too. the PKB of keyone is somwhere in the middle between priv and passport. It is much more useable than with the priv
    05-23-17 02:33 AM
    Meins ist grade bei cyberport angekommen. Vorfreude...
    05-23-17 05:29 AM
    Habe meins. Warten hat sich gelohnt
    05-23-17 08:17 AM
    Let us know, please.

My box says 06.05.2017.
    Got my K1 this morning and played all day with it (INSANE BATTERY). SIM tray is just as wiggly when putting the cards in (as you described it).
    But I'm actually not sure if that isn't intended to be like this as it guarantees a certain flexibility and doesn't bother in either way once it is inserted. There is also a little space between the parts so it wouldn't be rigid even if it would be riveted properly.

My manufacturing date is 26.4. so I got a pretty early device.

All the other stuff is just fabulous. It feels solid, luxurious and runs flawlessly. Sometimes I have the feeling that my Dtek50 reacted a little quicker with WhatsApp and switching between apps but therefore the K1 seems smoother overall.

the only thing to criticize is the feeling of the buttons on the side of the device. The seems to be a very little wiggly and not as fix and clicky as one might expect.

Bottom line: my expectations are met. I love the device it is worth the money and as you can notice by the length of this text: I LOVE THIS KEYBOARD!
    05-24-17 08:55 AM
    What skin or case can you guys recommend?
    05-24-17 10:03 AM
    Got my K1 this morning and played all day with it (INSANE BATTERY).
    Congrats! Battery indeed is awesome.

SIM tray is just as wiggly when putting the cards in (as you described it).
    Thanks for letting us know. For me that's bad news.

the only thing to criticize is the feeling of the buttons on the side of the device. The seems to be a very little wiggly and not as fix and clicky as one might expect.
    Can confirm. Power button does not have this, though. Only buttons on the right, especially the convenience key.
    05-24-17 10:18 AM
    Can confirm. Power button does not have this, though. Only buttons on the right, especially the convenience key.
    It's strange. My convienence key is not that wiggly as volume rockers. Apart that in 48 hours I can say that KEYone is awesome! Really #worththewait .
    QUESTION:
    Is it possible to select two languages in spell checking?
    05-24-17 10:30 AM
    It's strange. My convienence key is not that wiggly as volume rockers. Apart that in 48 hours I can say that KEYone is awesome! Really #worththewait .
    QUESTION:
    Is it possible to select two languages in spell checking?
    This!

I knows it's off topic... but I could write in German and English... and my Classic would recognise it. Now I have to manually switch language (space bar) ...but all is red because I have German spell check.

Can I have my BlackBerry Style writing with android?
    FuzzyManas likes this.
    05-24-17 12:17 PM
    This!

I knows it's off topic... but I could write in German and English... and my Classic would recognise it. Now I have to manually switch language (space bar) ...but all is red because I have German spell check.

Can I have my BlackBerry Style writing with android?
    You have to enable multi language keyboard. I have enabled it so I can write in 3 languages at the same time (English, German, Indonesian).

Go to language and input. Then keyboard settings. Then BlackBerry keyboard. Then go to multi-language keyboard. In this menu you can add your language!
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    05-24-17 01:50 PM
    thanks! That worked like a charm.
    One more question: is it possible to change lockscreen quick swipe shortcuts?
    05-24-17 01:57 PM
    You have to enable multi language keyboard. I have enabled it so I can write in 3 languages at the same time (English, German, Indonesian).

Go to language and input. Then keyboard settings. Then BlackBerry keyboard. Then go to multi-language keyboard. In this menu you can add your language!

I have a muti-language keyboard, but word prediction and spell-check does not automatically change to the language I write in. I have to long press the space bar to do that. Spell check is always in German...

On my classic I can start writing in English and it will start spell-checking in english...if I start in German it's gonna be checking my German. Any way to have the same on my K1?!

P.S.
    All text above is red underlined
    05-24-17 03:33 PM
    I think i have it.

In addition to having a multilingual keyboard in the BlackBerry keyboard setting I had to set 'Aktuelle Tastaturen' to 'Deutsch/Englisch' ...and not both separately.
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    05-24-17 04:12 PM
    Hi guys, just got my KEYone from Media Markt. Does anybody else notice the wiggling sound when slightly touching the physical keys on the side of the phone (volume and convenience keys)? The side keys on my old BlackBerr Classic were rocksolid and they didn't make any wiggling sound at all.
    It will get better over time. Just start typing. 😉
    05-25-17 06:28 AM
    Good Morning all, I'm a Brit living over in Germany and am having a dilemma on where to purchase a Key1 due to the keyboard layout in Germany. Would I be right in thinking if I change the language to English the keyboard operations of QWERTZ will not change to QWERTY?

I'm sure I could get used to the placement of QWERTZ
    05-28-17 02:11 AM
    Good Morning all, I'm a Brit living over in Germany and am having a dilemma on where to purchase a Key1 due to the keyboard layout in Germany. Would I be right in thinking if I change the language to English the keyboard operations of QWERTZ will not change to QWERTY?

Hi. Yeah you are right. No matter to which system language you switch, keyboard will stay in same placement.
    At first, it really bugged me but now I really don't care.
    scott8629 likes this.
    05-28-17 04:18 AM
    Hi. Yeah you are right. No matter to which system language you switch, keyboard will stay in same placement.
    I use a UK keyboard at work so I'm wondering if that may be an issue for my brain...
    05-28-17 04:29 AM

Try over at our neighbours in Switzerland. Digitec.ch has both keyboard layouts. So this might be an idea? However available from June 4 it says.

Posted via CB10
    scott8629 likes this.
    05-29-17 12:27 AM
    Are you sure? 'Cause I have installed a double language keyboard and often times when I had to enter a pin, I only got a "7" when I pressed "alt + z" instead of "alt + y".

bottom line: I have the impression that the keyboard can switch to any layout software-wise while the hardware (of course) remains the same.

The K1 is so damn awesome. Best BlackBerry ever (I'm pretty sure).
    05-29-17 01:45 AM

US'er living here also and had the same dilemma. However, I'll be going back home soon and a smart poster herein cautioned me about warranty issues when claiming from a country the device did not originate from. If you are not here long term, consider this.
    05-29-17 02:47 AM
    What is the VAT percentage on the K1 in Germany? It's a question we are discussing in another thread about how it might relate to cost in US.

BTW, you guys have been quiet the last few days. Long weekend or busy playing with your new phones?
    05-29-17 02:49 AM
818 ... 2930313233